11-Aftermath surprise
534 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What is wrong with you!? Are you insane you could’ve died!”

“I know,” Moby was in his room being punished by Hestia like a mother.

The moment he woke up, he wanted to act as if nothing happened, but Hestia wouldn’t let that slide and physically dragged him to his room.

“You’re not allowed to go to the dungeon anymore. You’re too reckless!”

“Reckless me? What about Bell didn’t he come back drenched in blood? He’ll probably dive deeper and get bloodied again.”

“No! I won’t!” Bell shouted from the outside.

“See, he’s a dutiful child, a careful one, unlike you, who ended up half-dead when we found you!”

He opened his mouth to retort, but her point stuck, “Moby, I thought you were dead. Please don’t visit the dungeon for a while and okay?”

“I understand...”

“Just for three days, you’re not allowed to enter the dungeon, alright?” Letting out a sigh, she got off the bed and left. “I’ll go make you some breakfast. You just stay here, okay?”

‘She’s a good person,’ he nodded, slipping back into bed. ‘Oh right, I killed five monsters. I need to get my Falna updated.’

“I wonder how much stronger I got since I killed five.”

...

[Freya Familia Estate]

Sitting in a warm filled with exotic flowers and perfumes was none other than the goddess Freya herself.

“How did this happen?”

She muttered, her mind recalling the events of the day prior.

‘It’s a good thing no one is aware, though I doubt that’ll last, that alchemist is too resilient, but ahn~ all the more I want to push him to his breaking point.’

Sighing, she stepped out, covering herself loosely in a thick robe, “none of the alchemists I have known nothing about what he did.”

She recalled arriving back and quickly barging into the dungeons where several men and women were chained up. “I need answers now!” Her eyes flashed, and they succumbed to her beauty, “how is it possible for an alchemist to perform arts without a transmutation circle, and destroy the flesh of one of my men?”

The six slaves, now in love, gave all the information they could, but it was all repetition of it being impossible that he drew a circle on himself. But one piece of information causes her will to falter.

“The only one able to do such alchemy is our previous god, my god. I remember him being able to use all forms of alchemy the guild had created with a flick of his fingers.”

It was a black-haired girl who answered, and she didn’t stop.

“Flame alchemy, explosion, Iron alchemy. If this person can perform all those without a circle, then he must’ve learned from him or performed the most forbidden of practices and survived.”

Freya’s face churned, and she left without another word. She shook her head, getting rid of the thought, “He’s dead, he’s not among us.”

-Knock -Knock -Knock.

“Who is it?”

“M-my lady, the Goddess Loki and her familiar are here to see you,” a male voice spoke from the other side.

‘What?’ her mind immediately went to Ottar, frowning. ‘does she know?’ “I’ll be there in a moment.”

Freya took in a few deep breaths. Whatever Loki was up to, she wanted no part in, but sadly, she felt as though she had no. say a feeling of uneasiness overtook her. She turned and walked through the doors.

“Ah, Freya, I was wondering if I’d have to drink alone,” the trickster beamed a smile, pulling out a wine bottle.

“Don’t play with me, Loki. What’s your business?” she demanded, seeing Ais, Riveria and Bete standing behind her.

“Oh, come on, I just wanted to say hi. We rarely talk, and besides, I got something juicy for you.” Her eyes opened as she poured a glass for her.

Freya swirled it in her hand before speaking, “enough with the prancing Loki. What do you want?”

“Oh? But I haven’t said my thing yet. What made you think I want something?”

“Please, if you’re trying to intimidate me with your little toys, then you can do so as you wish. I’m aware you’re here for a bargain to keep your lips sealed, but you’re dealing with me.” A glint flashed in her eyes as she stared at Loki.

“Your no fun when you’re serious. I know Ottar got his arm torn off and moulded poorly, and I’ll keep my mouth shut. But you have so many fancy tools and items that I’m jealous of. I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this. For the price of the silence, of course. I’m sure you could try to keep a lid on it, but who knows, I might drink one too many and let the word slip.”

“...”

“Ah, but if I let it slip that right now your precious champion, the strongest in all of Orario, had been disarmed, then I wonder how long it would take for the others to attack.”

“Are you threatening me? Haha, Ottar may have lost his arm, but he is more than willing to prove himself to me once more, so please go ahead. I’d love to see how much he wants to prove himself again.”

“Really? So he’s raring to go? Even when you tried to contact Hermes silently to help heal him?”

Freya’s face stiffened slightly before returning to her calm self, “how do you know that?”

Loki shrugged, “that’s for me to know... so,” she drank all the wine from the bottle, “ah... about my demands.”

...

[Hestia church base floor]

Moby and Hestia were sitting in the lounge, being grounded. There was nothing he felt like doing.

‘I’m an adult. Why am I bowing down to her?’ He thought as a fiery glare from Hestia put his thoughts to rest.

He got up and left for the storage room, taking out some pieces of wood. “This should at least help with the boredom.”

He got back and placed them on the table, curious Hestia asked, “what are you doing?”

“Making a game.” He drew a circle and tapped it. The block split into smaller ones and made a tower. “I call it Jenga. It’s pretty simple wanna play?”

He moved the lowest piece up afterwards. He’ll return to research other uses for alchemy.

Honestly, besides training and practising alchemy circles, nothing noteworthy happened. Bell came back and everyone played rounds of Jenga and spent time leisurely, with Moby being the winner every time Bell called him out for cheating using alchemy.

On the second day, “Hestia, can you update my Falna?”

“Mn alright shirt of!” She flashed a grin wiggling her hands like they were snakes, “Eh!? Your attributes have increased by 600!” She was staring at the piece of paper in disbelief before coming to her senses about the monsters Moby took on.

Moby Tick

Level 1

Strength E434

Endurance E451

Dexterity E450

Agility E400

Magic: I0

Skill: Alchemy-The ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy with your own hands or a transmutation circle. You can create only one thing from something else of a certain mass. This is the Principle of Equivalent Exchange.

Development Ability: Memory Retention-capable of remembering a variety of information and calling to it.

“Not bad, Hm... I’ll need to work on my agility with the Jackbird and maybe Bell too, though I’m surprised I didn’t gain some sort of ability, I exploded myself and got tossed around like a rag doll into two stands and a house,” he let out a dry laugh as the flashbacks settled in.

Hestia frowned, her voice filled with worry, “Moby, don’t joke like you were nearly dead and the pain she put you through...”

“... It’s just a joke. I can’t sulk about it, but yeah, I’m doing nothing that stupid on the plus side. I probably got rid of his favourite arm, hehe.”

“... Uh!” she cringed, facepalming, “Haha!” He relished the moment.

-Knock -Knock

Quickly, both turned to the door, then to each other. “I’ll get it.” Moby got up and walked to the door. Hestia from behind spoke, “are you expecting someone?”

“No,” he answered as he opened the church door, “oh.”

Across from him stood two individuals from the Loki familial Bete and Riveria.

“What can I do for you?” Moby’s voice was flat towards Bete, as he wasn’t interested.

The man in response gave a fake cough before asking, “If I’m not disturbing, can I have a moment of your time? I want to apologise.”

‘Oh,’ Moby was taken aback but nodded, “one moment Hestia,” he closed the door behind him and faced him.

“I want to say sorry for my rude behaviour towards you. It was against conduct If I knew how strong. No sorry, that’s just how I am. I’m sorry if I came off forceful and stuff, but uh yeah. I heard what you did and you’re strong, I’m not the best with apologies but I was raised to recognise the strong, but it doesn’t mean to force and belittle you and for that, you’re strong in your way and I can see that so I apologise.”

His words carried actual weight behind him as he reached out for a handshake. “Wow uh yeah, that’s fine,” Moby chuckled and shook hands. ‘I always thought he was an ass. I guess I was wrong.’

“Hehe thanks, man you saved my ass.” He gave a small smile and left sharing a nod with Riveria, giving a second glance to Moby he shouted, “I meant every word also let’s fight someday when you’re strong enough!”

Moby waved back, “well... this was unexpected.”

“Thank you for understanding Bete,” Riveria smiled, “he can be hard but he can understand when he’s gone too far and I hope this brings us in a fairer light.”

“It does. I was also thinking of coming to thank you for saving my life the way you did. I heard from Hestia, which is why I wanted to pay for the elixir ah,” she raised her hand, shaking no.

“Think of it as a sign of our goodwill also it wouldn’t matter to pay because I came here for my reason,” she said bringing out a bag of gold, “I want you to teach me.”

The elf’s eyes flashed with excitement as she stared at Moby.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter I've almost got all of volume 1 from webnovel up here and will finally update the rest tomorrow, leave a review or comment to let me know what you think of my story so far.

19