21-Comforting & Ranking
409 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tired, Moby fell into Ryuu’s arms. She shook him lightly but got no response. “I’ll bring him in through the back,” she said, not waiting for a response from Syr, and carried him inside.

“Mn...” he groaned as she placed him down in one of the free rooms upstairs.

The door opened, and Syr came with a tub of water, cloth, and a potion. “Here, I’ll go tell Mama mia about him.”

“Thank you,” Ryuu smiled and moved to wash his face first whipping, ‘I can’t tell if it's blood or just his hair colour,’ she assumed she cleaned it all and moved, taking off his boots, coat and armour.

Leaving him in his basic clothing, she lifted his head and fed him the potion. ‘Stabs, slashes, how are you alive?’ she questioned, seeing the two large stab wounds. The potion was doing its thing, but it would drain him afterwards.

She knew well what he was going through from her own experience. She knew this moment of weakness and fear would be temporary and necessary. All that remained was to see how this would change him.

As she finished cleaning him a second time, she was about to finish with his hands when he jerked and grabbed hold. It was a basic reaction to clinging to the sheets and to whoever was near to help him.

She watched his face ease, holding back his chest, moving up and down in a steady rhythm. The door opened and Syr came in.

“Mama mia said she’ll get someone to watch over,” she said, giving a troubled look.

“Thank you, but tell her I’m fine with staying here, besides I’m also covered in blood. It’s a waste to clean and go back to service,” she motioned her maid outfit dried up with blood.

“Okay don’t get any ideas,” she cooed and left chuckling.

...

As morning came, the rays of light struck Moby’s face. He winced, his eyes fluttering open. Despite the nightmare and faces of the people he killed, he could get a good enough sleep.

‘This isn’t my room,’ he looked around before feeling the weight on his side. He jumped slightly seeing the sleeping elf beside him, her maid outfit dried in blood and her hair a mess.

What drew more attention was the matter. He was holding her. Hand, he tried to remove it only to lift it, stirring her awake, “Moby?” she said, half asleep before coming fully awake.

“Ahem, y-you’ve recovered!” She stuttered, removing, separating, and getting back up. “I’ll go call Mama Mia.”

She felt before they said a word.

“Oh... Kay?” For a moment he forgot about everything, but soon the images came bubbling back up.

“Huk!” He was about to vomit but held himself together. His rest was not a fully pleasant one rather, tormented by the images of the dead.

In that dream, he learned to accept the fact of what happened. He was not happy with himself. He was not completely okay, but accepting the truth was an easy step to recovery.

He fell back on the bed, his mind no longer a clutter, ‘I’m a hypocrite too goddamn it, but that’s fine I killed those people for my survival they wouldn’t leave us alone and I’m guessing she helped them or mind-controlled them.’

These thoughts made it easier for him to come to terms with, but it didn’t mean he felt good about taking their lives. There was still a pit of regret in him, but with time, it would soon vanish.

“I wanna go home,” he got up wincing slightly, bandages covering his chest and abdomen, ‘I guess I’m still recovering in that, Torrent.’

Soon he was covered in a thin layer of water, covering his flesh wounds and slowly boosting his recovery.

He looked around and found his gear cleaned and folded beside him, a note saying from Syr. He struggled to stand straight, stumbling.

“Are you ok?” Ryuu came through the door and supported him, “no, can you get my gear please?” He asked.

“Just wait, they’re on the way.”

“My familia?”

“Yes, I went to tell them of your recovery as soon. Bell and Lilly are fine. When they came for you, you were gone. They described the scene in horrid detail... how are you feeling?” She said, helping him back on his head and sitting next to him.

“Honestly, I feel bad but not as bad as I feel like I should. They came for my life, so I defended it. I know it sugar-coating the fact I killed five people in gruesome ways, but how else can I say it?”

“True, it’s hard to interpret the value of life and how to react when you take it. In all honestly, I’m glad you said you feel bad. If not, then...”

“Then what?”

“I would distance myself from you.”

“What? That’s not fair. Who am I meant to talk to when I get drunk? Syr? Please, you’re a better partner.”

She smiled, “thanks, but you may feel capable now but later you’ll be hunted by nightmares but it eventually it will fade and you’ll come out a better person,” she said staring into space.

Moby nodded to her words, “thank you for staying by me.”

“It was nothing besides you clung like a child and leaving you could have made it the worst.”

“Thank you?”

She giggled at his confusion, trying to decide whether it was a compliment or an insult. She opened her mouth to say something when.

“Moby!” Bell’s voice reached the room, and he dashed in, seeing him. “You’re awake!” He dashed up, looking at his wounds. “Are you alright? We saw the cave. How are you feeling?”

Lilly entered the room a moment later, huffing from exhaustion.

“I think I’ll get better. Can you help me up so we can go?” He asked Bell to move and let him lean on him.

“You had me and Lady Hestia was anxious, you know,” Lilly huffed, crossing her chest.

“Glad to see you, Lilly.”

“Oh, and thanks again Ryuu. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.

“Just make sure you recover first. Take your time,” she gave a sweet smile, waving goodbye. Moby smirked, his cheek flushed as they left.

...

[Hestia’s Church]

“MOBY!” the goddess cried, leaping into his arms. She nearly killed him with her tight hug. “You’re safe!”

She sniffed, looking up at his smirk, “you say that as if I fought an army or something.”

-Pah!

“Don’t make light of this. You could’ve died! AGAIN! Just stop for a moment,” she looked fiercely into his eyes.

The man sighed and leaned in for a hug. “Thank you for caring for me.”

“This does nothing for you,“ she whined. “I’ll make pizza tonight,” he added, receiving the hug back.

“Ah, it feels good to be home, so, Bell, what was that thing about with the voice?” He said, sitting back on a couch.

“Right it was a trap set for me I ran into a minotaur,” he continued his voice solemn he confronted the beast-like in the anime and was successful he struggled in the fight but it was thanks to Lilly’s support and help that he recovered in time to fight it and slay it on the second round.

“And I levelled up! Hestia said my status was amazing!” He gleed reaching level 2.

“The fastest person in history to reach level 2,” Lilly added, feeling the absurdity of her words.

“Wow, congratulations man, now I need to make pizza,” he chuckled.

“Wait, you were lying!?” Hestia said, glaring at him.

‘wait I thought those adventures kill people give excelia, then again it depends on the difficulty of the fight,’ as his mind churned he turned to Hestia, “can you update my status please?”

Hestia paused a moment before realising the shit he went through, “that’s right!”

She pushed him onto the couch and Lilly, who followed, grabbed a piece of paper for her. A drop of blood and his status appeared.

“Incredible! You have enough to level up Moby... one moment let me sort this out,” she said as the numbers were balancing.

“Did he level up too?” Bell asked, excited for him.

“Haha, I have two amazing children! Moby, your status has reached its peak and there all balanced,” Hestia said, staring at the sheet, “you also have a choice for a development ability.”

She said, hiding the paper from Lilly’s and Bell’s eyes.

“Aw, but I wanna see, Moby. If I show you mine, can I see yours?”

“Do you hear yourself? No,” he said, sitting back up. He grabbed the sheet from Hestia, who moved closer so both could see.

“When you are ready to decide, let me know and I’ll level you up.”

Moby Tick

Level 1

Strength: S-999

Endurance: SS-1002

Dexterity: SS-1004

Agility: S-993

Magic: SS-1002

Memory Retention: F

Magic: Torrent - Underneath your calm surface lies a strong and fast-moving stream waiting to rise. When summoned, you are imbued with the power of water, enhancing your abilities and allowing the healing of minor wounds. No chant is required.

Skill: Alchemy - The ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy with your own hands or a transmutation circle. Only one thing can be created from something else of a certain mass.

Possible development abilities, Mage, Hunter and Magic resistance.

“Holy cow,” he marvelled at his status and more at the choice of his development abilities, “I made my decision. I’m going with a hunter,” he said to Hestia.

“Hunter, are you sure?”

“Yeah,” it was because you can only gain Hunter at level 2. The others would still appear for his next rank-ups.

She asked if he was sure about his decision once more and agreed to rank him up. Getting up, he glanced at his sheet once more.

Moby Tick

Level 2

Strength: I-0

Endurance: I-0

Dexterity: I-0

Agility: I-0

Magic: I-0

Hunter: I

Memory Retention: F

Magic: Torrent - Underneath your calm surface lies a strong and fast-moving stream waiting to rise. When summoned, you are imbued with the power of water, enhancing your abilities and allowing the healing of minor wounds. No chant is required.

Skill: Alchemy - The ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter using natural energy with your own hands or a transmutation circle.

“Yay, you and bell are level 2 now! This is great. The Denatus is tomorrow, so before I fight to get you guys your super names, let’s celebrate!”

They cheered and had a small night of partying pizza drinks and fun was had and too tired to go up the stairs. Moby slept on the couch. That was until Bell and Lilly carried him to his room and Hestia tucked him in.

14