Chapter 6 (volume 1)
2.9k 8 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At night, two hours after sunset. 

In the sanctuary of Yae village, all the residents were present there. From the children to the elderly, everyone was there, without exception. 

All residents were watching a huge fire that was located in the center of the Yae shrine terrace. This huge fire was made from the pieces of two houses that were destroyed and dismantled that afternoon by the residents. 

"Is it really going to rain?"

"Even if those two houses had been unoccupied for a long time, this is still very drastic to do."

"But we had no other choice, the messenger-sama said that this was necessary for the ritual of offering to the Gods."

Residents talked in a low tone so they wouldn't be heard. They were insecure and a little doubtful about the current state of the ritual.

A little far from the residents, there was a 7-year-old boy who was sitting in a chair with a tired expression of sleep and disinterested in the residents' conversations. 

*yawn * "You don't have to watch the trees in the forest all the time, as you don't need an escape route since the rain will come soon." Ryusuke spoke with a confident smile as he looked at the big fire. 

The person Ryusuke spoke these words to was none other than Yae Sakura who was standing next to Ryusuke. And next to Yae Sakura was Yae Rin who was sitting on a wooden bench. 

Once in a while Yae Sakura looked into the forest with a look of worry and nervousness. She had suffered many times at that time when she failed to protect her sister from sacrifice. Even now she is still very doubtful about today's events, if things go wrong she will try to escape to the forest with her little sister. 

The reason the three are so far away from the other residents is because Ryusuke said he didn't want them close to him. He said the only people he wanted around are the Yae sisters. 

A few hours ago Ryusuke had ordered residents to destroy two houses and use them as materials to create a huge fire that would serve as a great offering to the gods. Why the two houses would have great sentimental value. 

Of course, there were some voices that showed opposition but Ryusuke shut them up quickly when he mentioned that if they didn't obey then he will tell the gods to prolong the drought for a decade. After that, the villagers wasted no time and began to make preparations. 

"But ... is it really going to rain?" Yae Sakura asked hesitantly with little insecurity. 

She tried countless times to save her little sister and all these attempts ended in failure. Even now, she still doesn't believe that things are going to change and she is prepared in case the worst happens.

"I already told you it will rain in a little while, so stop being so worried, Sakura-san. Your sister is not going to die because of a stupid ritual, so relax a little." Ryusuke spoke trying to reassure Yae Sakura. 

Yae Sakura remained silent but still had a little nervousness in her calm expression. 

"If you don't believe me then how about we place a bet?" Ryusuke spoke with confidence. 

"As well?" Yae Sakura asked with doubt. 

"It is very simple. If the rain comes as I said then it is my victory, but if it doesn't rain then you win."

"The loser will have to do whatever the winner says. So Sakura-san, do you accept?" Ryusuke asked while looking at Yae Sakura. 

Yae Sakura was silent for a few seconds. She closed her eyes and let out a little sigh while she thought of several things.

A few seconds later Yae Sakura opened her eyes and spoke.

"Okay, I accept the bet." Yae Sakura agreed to the bet. 

'Why did I make such a decision? Is it because he has a sensation similar to Kallen's Oath of Judah? But if so, then he's also a Herrscher, right? So why do I feel like I can trust him?'

Yae Sakura had many doubts in her mind regarding Ryusuke, but she still chose to trust that boy. 

Ryusuke shows a confident smile. 

"In this case I will want a very delicious breakfast prepared by you." Ryusuke spoke with a smile of pure conviction. 

"You look quite confident, aren't you afraid of being wrong?" Yae Sakura asked with curiosity. 

"Sakura-san, let me tell you a little secret..."

"I only participate in conflicts that I know I will win. And that bet is one of them." Ryusuke explained to Yae Sakura. 

Ryusuke observed and understood a little about this space of stigma. He already knows the exact moment when the rain is scheduled to happen. And if Herrscher of Corruption tries to interfere in any way then Ryusuke will use his Herrscher powers to contain it, even if it speeds up the weakening of the black cube seal a little more. 

Yae Sakura wanted to talk more, but at that moment a little cold in the head. She looked up and saw the raindrops that fell from the sky.

"It's the rain!!"

"We are saved!!"

"Oh God, thank you so much for this rain!!"

Residents began to celebrate the coming of the rain. 

As for Yae Sakura...

"Onee-chan, are you okay? You are crying..." Yae Rin said with a little concern for Yae Sakura. 

"I'm crying?" Yae Sakura ran her hand over her own cheek, she was unable to say which drops of water belong to her tears and which drops belong to the rain, but she did not doubt her little sister's words. 

For more than 500 years Yae Sakura tried countless times to save her little sister from the destiny of being the sacrifice and all these attempts ended with Rin being killed as a sacrifice for the village.

And now all of that has changed with Ryusuke's arrival. Yae Rin can finally be saved from her destiny to be killed that night. 

"Thank you very much ... thank you so much for saving my sister..." Yae Sakura said while crying. Much of her emotions that were bottled up inside her heart went out while she thanked her.

"It was nothing, and feel free to put everything out, you deserve it after all your efforts you've made to save your little sister." Ryusuke told Yae Sakura while he smoothes her head. ( It was only possible because he was in a high chair. )

Ryusuke knew all the pain and suffering that Yae Sakura went through in her life and in those 500 years.

Yae Sakura continued to cry throughout the rain. But this time it was not because of her little sister's death but because she finally managed to prevent her little sister's death. 

90