Chapter 7 (volume 1)
2.8k 6 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning. 

"Aahh ... what is this place?" Ryusuke murmured with a little sleep while looking at the unknown ceiling. 

"Ah, it really is ... so everything that happened yesterday was not a dream. What a bag." Ryusuke grumbled as he remembered everything that happened yesterday. About the fact that he discovered that he reincarnated in the world of Honkai Impact, about the fact that he received the stigma of Herrscher of Binding and about the fact that he entered the Sakura Samsara events. 

Yesterday Ryusuke demanded the house of the village chief as his home while he was here. The only ones in this house besides Ryusuke are the Yae sisters, who will be here as maids.

'I don't have much time to waste, I have to get Yae Sakura's cooperation to defeat the Herrscher of Corruption that is sealed in this black cube before it escapes and destroys the world.' Ryusuke thought as he rose from the futon he slept in. 

Will Ryusuke fight Herrscher to protect humanity?

Obviously not. Ryusuke already knows enough of the rot of humanity in this world. After all the things they did that they will still do in the future he will definitely want to keep his distance from all that shit.

But why will Ryusuke fight the Herrscher of Corruption? The answer is quite simple. 

It is in self-interest.

Before Ryusuke realized that he was in the world of Honkai Impact he had already realized that the civilization of this world was already much more technologically advanced than the world of his past life. Especially the VR technology ( virtual reality ), when Ryusuke discovered that the VR technology of this world was on the same level as Sword Art Online he was excited, after all who would not want to try to enter a game like Sword Art Online. With the exception of the part of not being able to leave the game, of course. 

But unfortunately there was a small but. The minimum legal age for using VR technology was 10 years old, this was to avoid mental problems in children. 

Ryusuke is only 7 years old at the moment, meaning he cannot play VR games now. But what would happen if Herrscher of Corruption escaped?

In short, in addition to starting a zombie Apocalypse around the world, it would also destroy all human technology across the planet with its power to hack any electronic device of humanity. Basically, the VR games that Ryusuke was hoping to play would be completely destroyed before he even had a chance to try. 

'I apologize to you, Herrscher of Corruption. Your hatred and revenge against humanity are completely justified considering everything you have suffered all this time. If it weren't for the fact that I too would be harmed because of your actions then I certainly wouldn't interfere.' Ryusuke thought. 

'But I cannot be quiet when you are an obstacle to my goals. After all, I want to live a peaceful and trouble-free life and I know that it will be almost impossible to achieve in this world, but even so I will not give up.'

'Eat delicious foods, play fun games and live peacefully. Those are all my goals, and fighting for those goals is much better than destroying or protecting humanity. I haven't even experienced the wonders of VR games yet, so of course I can't let the world be destroyed yet...' Ryusuke thought with determination. 

"Ryusuke-sama, are you awake yet? It's me, Yae Sakura. Your meal is ready. " 

Ryusuke was taken from his thoughts when he heard Yae Sakura's voice on the other side of the door. He could see the shadow silhouette of the girl sitting in the shape of a seiza through the door made of white silk. 

Yae Sakura spoke in a respectful tone to Ryusuke. 

( Author's note: Seiza is a way of sitting down by the Japanese to show respect. In short, the Japanese kneel with their backs erect and support their buttocks on their heels. )

"Ah ... yes, I'm already awake, take me like you. " Ryusuke spoke a little awkwardly about the way Yae Sakura treated him. He wouldn't mind that if it were those shitty NPCS, but Ryusuke can't get used to being treated like that by Yae Sakura. 

Ryusuke really considers this girl to be a fool in some ways, but he also considers her to be someone pitiful because of the life she lived. 

Now she can't even give in to anger at these shitty villagers because if she does that she will give Herrscher a breach of Corruption to take control of her body.

Ultimately she is a woman with a tragic fate whose only salvation was Kallen Kaslana, but unfortunately Kallen no longer exists in this world.

After opening the door, Ryusuke followed Yae Sakura to the dining table. There was Yae Rin who was standing waiting for us. 

The food on the table was prepared using the wood cooking methods of 500 years ago, Yae Sakura probably woke up very early to cook this food. 

"Itadakimasu" Ryusuke said as he joined hands. 

Soon after Ryusuke sat at the table and took the hashis, then he put the first piece of food in his mouth. 

"Umai!!"

Ryusuke opened his eyes wide and exclaimed without thinking when he felt this wonderful taste inside his mouth.

( Author's note: umi means "good" in Japanese. )

Ryusuke quickly ate the delicious food that Yae Sakura prepared. 

"Gochisousama Deshita." Ryusuke spoke after finishing eating. 

"Thank you very much for that delicious food, Sakura-san." Ryusuke thanked him.

"Thank you so much for your compliments, Ryusuke-sama." Yae Sakura spoke politely. 

"Sakura-san, could we have a chat alone? I have something important to talk to you about." Ryusuke asked with a little seriousness. 

Yae Sakura did not respond immediately, she was looking at her little sister with a hesitant look. 

"Don't worry, I will give you both privacy." Yae Rin responded with a smile as she left and left the two alone. 

"What do you want to talk to me about?" Yae Sakura asked bluntly. 

"I know this can be quite sudden, but I need your help." Ryusuke spoke seriously and urgently.

"And what do you want my help for?" Yae Sakura asked. 

Ryusuke was silent for a few seconds thinking about which words he should use.

"I want you to help me defeat the Herrscher of Corruption that was sealed in this space of stigma."

81