Chapter 8 (volume 1)
2.6k 3 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I want you to help me defeat the Herrscher of Corruption that is sealed in this space of stigma."

The small dining room was completely silent.

Yae Sakura closed her eyes and started to inhale and vacuum deeply, she was trying to stay calm to get on with conversation. 

"Ryusuke, are you a Herrscher?" After calming down, Yae Sakura asked Ryusuke the first question. 

"This is a somewhat difficult question to answer ... I think it is not wrong to consider myself as a Herrscher, but I consider myself more like a human with Herrscher powers since I only have my Herrscher stigma and I have no Herrscher nucleus inside my body. Just so you know, I just received my Herrscher stigma yesterday morning and right after that I was sucked into that place." Ryusuke responded honestly as he looked directly into Yae Sakura's purple eyes. 

It's only been a day since Ryusuke received the stigma of Herrscher of Binding. During that short time he did not have the opportunity to absorb much Honkai energy. Although there is almost no Honkai energy in this place. 

Currently Ryusuke is not even a Pseudo-Herrscher but a human who can use the powers of the Herrscher of Binding through his stigma Herrscher.

As he only received his stigma yesterday, the Honkai energy stock in their bodies is very small and because of that their powers like Herrscher of Binding are in their most basic form. 

Currently, the maximum range of its energy control field is an area of 100m. And the level of effectiveness of the power to weaken energy is still unknown to Ryusuke. The only thing he knows is his power is efficient against ordinary humans, making them squirm on the ground in agony. But he doesn't know if that will be enough to deal with the Herrscher of Corruption. 

Now Ryusuke doesn't even know how strong he is compared to Herrscher of Corruption, because if he uses his power excessively then the seal will be undone and Herrscher will be able to escape outside.

And that's why Ryusuke wants Yae Sakura's help. Because he doesn't know what the current status of the Herrscher of Corruption is. If she is very weakened then great, but if she still has the strength to fight then it would be nice to have a "meat shield" ... I mean, it would be nice to have an ally to help in this difficult time. 

"Why do you need my help? With that power you could easily defeat Herrscher. There is no need for you to ask for help." Yae Sakura spoke cautiously. 

Yae Sakura already had an assumption about what Ryusuke's power is. 

'Why is he asking me for help? His power is probably similar to the Oath of Judah that Kallen uses, the power to weaken Honkai energy. Because of that power he would have no difficulty in defeating that damn Herrscher, so why would he need my help? Is it to deceive and stab me in the back? Anyway, I can't let my guard down near him.' Yae Sakura thought with caution and suspicion. She is waiting for the response from the little boy sitting in front of her. 

"I thought you haven't figured it out yet, but if I overuse my power to weaken Honkai energy then the seal of this place that keeps Herrscher in prison will come undone. That way, even if I use my power to try to destroy Herrscher, it will be useless if she can escape outside. It can easily infiltrate the Internet and can control all computers in the world. If that happens, then the world will be thrown into chaos and destroyed." Ryusuke spoke as he crossed his arms with a slightly discouraged and tired expression, an expression that no child should have.

"Internet? Computers? I don't understand what those things are that you said, but why prevent that Herrscher from running away worries you so much? Shouldn't you be her ally to destroy humanity?" Yae Sakura asked a little confused by the words that Ryusuke mentioned earlier now that she never heard of it in her day. 

"I know that what I am going to say now may not be convincing, but at least listen. I am someone neutral, I am not on anyone's side, be it humanity or Honkai, I give them no money. My only goal is to live a peaceful life." Ryusuke spoke.

"A peaceful life?" Yae Sakura said with skepticism. She spent more than five hundred years being tormented by Herrscher of Corruption, so it is difficult for her to imagine that a Herrscher would not want to destroy humanity. 

"Yes, before my life was very good, I lived peacefully and without any worries but all of that changed when that stigma appeared in my hand when I woke up yesterday. After I went to an abandoned temple to try to contain the powers of stigma, but when I got home I was sucked into that black cube and came to this place. After that I was chased by those monstrous chickens, you saved me from those chickens, so thank you so much for that."

"But as for your behavior from before, at that moment you really looked like a Herrscher." Yae Sakura spoke recalling the events of the day before the meeting. 

"Sakura-san, in addition to doing that little performance, did you have any other way to convince those stupid adults to change their minds?" Ryusuke asked Yae Sakura.

"Really..." Yae Sakura agreed with Ryusuke's thinking. During all these years she had to deal with these residents, and only she knows how difficult it is to deal with these bastards. 

"Do you really just have to live a peaceful life?" Yae Sakura asked. 

"Yes, I just want to relax in a peaceful life without stressing out about Honkai's problems or humanity's problems." Ryusuke spoke in a serious tone, as this was his great life goal.

"Sakura-san, the reason I ask for your help is because if I face Herrscher alone there is a great possibility that she will be able to escape outside. It will probably end up destroying the city where I live as well as all the civilization in the world, so I want you to help me fight this Herrscher, because maybe that way I can get back safely." Ryusuke spoke.

"Sakura-san what will your decision be?" Ryusuke spoke.

87