Chapter 10 (volume 1)
2.6k 2 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey Onee-chan, I can already see the hill up front. Let's go soon." Yae Rin said enthusiastically as he pointed to the small hill in front of him. She was holding hands with Yae Sakura. 

"Yes, Rin. If you want to go ahead you can go, I will prepare things for the picnic. Why don't you follow Ryusuke-sama while I pack up?" Yae Sakura said with a happy smile when she saw her little sister's happy state. 

"Yes Onee-chan. Ryusuke-sama come this way." Yae Rin said as he held out his hand to Ryusuke.

"Oh, sure." Ryusuke did not refuse the gesture and took Yae Rin's hand. The two went ahead while Yae Sakura carried a small basket in her hands. 

Today is the day that Yae Sakura finally left Yae Rin's death cycle. At least today Yae Sakura will enjoy time with her little sister without worrying about the problems of the village.

When Ryusuke said earlier that they would relax and enjoy the rest of the day, Yae Sakura was initially amazed at his words, shortly afterwards she questioned him with a little concern and frustration that Ryusuke seems to not care much about the urgent situation in which the two are. 

Ryusuke soon explained to her the reason for his words. He said he couldn't feel precisely the presence of Herrscher from Corruption, it is not that he cannot know where Herrscher is but that he does not know when she is in this space of stigma. How this space of stigma is reproducing Yae Sakura's memories and repeating events that happened in her life constantly. An example would be the death of Yae Rin that was avoided yesterday, there must also be events that occurred later, a few years in the future. 

While Ryusuke and Yae Sakura are in the period of Yae Rin's death, the Herrscher of Corruption must be hidden in another time of life Yae Sakura waiting silently until the seal of the black cube falls apart due to the constant weakening caused by the presence of Ryusuke. 

Ryusuke explained to Yae Sakura that he would be able to find out when the Corruption Herrscher was in and that they might be able to move on to that moment since Ryusuke is able to forcibly manipulate the space of the stigma of its powers and because of the current instability of the stigma space caused by the presence of Ryusuke. But in order for him to be able to do that he needs to absorb Honkai energy. 

Ryusuke is slowly absorbing Honkai energy from that place. And unlike those Chinese novel Cultivators he doesn't have to sit cross-legged in a state of meditation, he can absorb Honkai energy without having to pay much attention to it. Basically he could sleep that he will still absorb Honkai energy. 

Ryusuke only needs a few hours before he has enough Honkai energy to find the Herrscher of Corruption. That's one of the reasons they don't have much of a hurry now. The other reason the three of them are enjoying the day for a picnic is because Ryusuke wants to give Yae Sakura a moment of happiness. 

For 500 years Yae Sakura has always suffered from seeing her little sister being killed in that shitty ritual and in all cycles she never managed to save her, but all of that changed yesterday with Ryusuke's arrival. 

Finally after 500 years Yae Sakura testified once that Yae Rin was not killed.

However, the very next day Yae Sakura would need to leave to confront Herrscher of Corruption and perhaps she will never again be able to see her little sister again, it would be very sad if after all she went through she couldn't enjoy time with her little sister right after she was finally saved. 

So Ryusuke suggested that they have a picnic so that the two sisters could enjoy their time together before the separation. 

Ryusuke and Yae Rin first arrived at the cherry tree at the top of the hill. Yae Rin usually has a weak body and could not try very physically but she doesn't have much trouble with that at the moment. Yae Sakura reached them not long after, she started putting the cloth on the grass and putting some food she took out of the basket on her arm. 

Soon each of them took a rice ball and started eating.

"It's delicious." Ryusuke and Yae Rin said at the same time with stars in their eyes. Yae Sakura's food is excellent after all. 

And so the day went on, the three took a lot of advantage for the rest of the day, to be more precise, Ryusuke was quieter most of the time and let the two sisters enjoy each other's company. The two talked about various things, played some games together and took a walk around. 

They had a lot of fun today. 

The sun was already close to setting, Ryusuke and the Yae sisters arrived at the entrance gate of Yae village. When they were near the gate, Yae Sakura spoke a little hesitantly.

"Rin, could you go home first? Ryusuke-sama and I have a small matter to resolve first, we will reach you now." Yae Sakura spoke while disguising her expression with a calm expression. She didn't want her little sister to realize how discouraged and frustrated she was to separate from her.

"Hmm? Okay Onee-chan, but before that..." Yae Rin spoke with understanding but she soon approached Ryusuke and gave him a hug. Yae Rin approached his mouth in Ryusuke's ear and whispered something that Yae Sakura could not hear. Ryusuke opened his eyes briefly because of what he heard from her.

'This girl, so she really...' Ryusuke thought a little surprised by her words.

Yae Sakura was surprised by Yae Rin's behavior and before she could say anything Yae Rin walked away from Ryusuke. 

"Ryusuke-sama, thank you so much for coming to our village." Yae Rin spoke with a smile of gratitude. She left quickly and went to her home before Yae Sakura had any chance of asking questions. 

Yae sakura watched Yae Rin until she disappeared from view. She held out her right hand towards her and opened her mouth but no words came out. She was not able to say anything.

"Let's go." Yae Sakura spoke in a neutral tone as she lowered her arm and turned in the opposite direction to Vila.

"Are you sure you have nothing to say to her?" Ryusuke asked. 

Yae Sakura stopped walking but did not turn to look at Ryusuke. 

"I can't speak to her ... if I speak to her ... then all the determination that I have joined so far will disappear. That's why I..." Yae Sakura spoke weakly, you can see that she is having a hard time maintaining her strong attitude.

Yae Sakura feels that if she leaves now this will be the last time she will see her little sister. Several times in these 500 years she wanted this nightmare that was always repeated to end at once. But now that she has finally seen her little sister saved she understands that the moment she leaves she may never see her again. But she also cannot let Herrscher escape and destroy the world, if she sees Yae Rin again then she can lose the determination she has joined so far to fight.

Ryusuke said nothing more. He knows about her circumstances and can already imagine some of his thoughts. 

'What an unfortunate woman.' Ryusuke thought with pity why he knows about her past.

After a few minutes of walking the two stopped, they were far enough from the village.

"I will start now." Ryusuke told Yae Sakura while he held out his left hand that he had the stigma of Herrscher of Binding for an open space in front of him. At the same time he held Yae Sakura's hand with his right hand. 

"It's all right." Yae Sakura agreed with a calm expression to try to disguise her turbulent emotions towards her little sister. 

Having received confirmation from Yae Sakura, Ryusuke began to activate the powers of Herrscher of Binding in the space in front of him, it was not long before cracks appeared and revealed a dark space. 

The cracks started to grow more and more until they formed a hole big enough for the two to pass. Ryusuke used his concentration to control the hole and so the two will be able to reach the same place and at the same time that the Herrscher of Corruption is. 

"Are you ready? On the other side of this hole will be a different time waiting for us, unlike here that there was no influence from Herrscher there to be a very different case. Can we have a bad time there, still do you want to go there?" Ryusuke asked Yae, he was waiting to see what his response would be is his reaction. 

"Yes let's go." Yae Sakura gave a short and direct answer with a determined expression without wavering. 

"So, let's go ahead." Ryusuke said after confirming Yae Sakura's response. 

The two entered the dark hole and went to the time when the Herrscher of Corruption is hidden. 

*******************

Hi guys, look at an image of the Yae sisters here. 

81