Chapter 13 (volume 1)
2.4k 1 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So could you tell us more about you, Kallen-san?" Ryusuke asked while he was drinking a glass of water. 

Now the three are in the living room of Yae Sakura's house. Ryusuke is sitting on a chair drinking a glass of water. Yae Sakura was sitting in another chair facing Ryusuke while Kallen Kaslana sat next to Yae Sakura and hugging her right arm with a smile on her face. Yae Sakura had a shy smile on her face. 

"What about what you would like to ask about me, Ryusuke?" She asked in a friendly tone. 

"How much do you know about this time and place we are in? And about the situation of Herrscher who is trapped here." Ryusuke got to the point. He didn't want to be a spoiler for ruining the atmosphere of Kallen and Yae Sakura's reunion but they were now in enemy territory, a place where despite not having full control is still under the control of Herrscher of Corruption, so he cannot let his guard down.

Does Ryusuke suspect Kallen? No, he doesn't think she has any hostile intentions. Ryusuke is very sensitive to Honkai energy, if Herrscher of Corruption tried to disguise herself as Kallen or try to control her mind, Ryusuke would notice immediately. 

Ryusuke asked these questions is not because he doubts her but because he wants to know about the situation as soon as possible, after all this place can be greatly influenced by the Herrscher of Corruption. 

"Ryusuke?" Yae Sakura asked a little insecure. After all these centuries of torture she finally met Kallen, she doesn't want to think about distrust of Kallen. 

"Sakura-san, before you can have any bad feelings I’m already saying that I don’t consider Kallen-san an enemy. Since we found her, I have not felt any anomaly from her, she is not an imposter and is not being controlled by anyone. I only asked these questions because I don't know when the Corruption Herrscher will start acting. That's just why I asked." Ryusuke spoke calmly.

"I understand ... I'm sorry for doubting you?" Yae Sakura apologized. She was sorry for her attitude of just now. 

"You don't have to apologize, this is something that anyone would do if they were in your situation." Ryusuke spoke to try to calm Yae Sakura. 

Ryusuke didn't care much that she doubted him like that. After all, between a boy with Herrscher powers that she just met or the woman who lit up her dark world, it is quite obvious which one she would choose to trust instinctively. 

"From what I can see, you and Sakura are getting along, now for your question, I don't know where the Herrscher of Corruption is." Kallen initially spoke out of relief that Yae Sakura found good company but later changed to an apologetic tone when he spoke of Herrscher of Corruption. 

"Could you explain it to us better?" Ryusuke asked. 

"Yes. But to explain about the situation here first I must introduce myself first. It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Kallen Kaslana, although I am not the original." Kallen presented himself with a friendly smile ignoring Yae Sakura's reaction that heard his words. 

"Kallen?" Yae Sakura asked confusedly because of Kallen's words. 

"How should I explain? I am Kallen Kaslana, but I am not the original Kallen. During the time when the original Kallen had to seal Sakura, a copy of his memories was created and sent to this space of stigma, that copy is me. But I don't know if the original Kallen is aware of my existence or if I was raised without her noticing."

"As for Herrscher of Corruption, in the last five hundred she and I have always been fighting each other at this time, she was always trying to destroy my existence so that I could go after Sakura. Unfortunately Herrscher arrested Sakura in a cycle that repeatedly shows her little sister's death, making sure that she can never reach the time when I am."

"If it weren't for the virtual replica of Judah that I have, I probably would have been erased from this space of stigma a long time ago." Kallen ended up explaining in an impotent tone while he was taking a sigh and looking at Yae Sakura and waiting for his reaction. 

Yae Sakura remained silent for a few seconds when she decided to speak.

"Kallen ... I..." Yae Sakura tried to find the right words to say to Kallen. She didn't know how to process that information she just heard from Kallen. 

before she could speak, Kallen put her index finger on her lips and spoke.

"Sakura, I know you have a lot of doubts, fears and regrets, but I want you to know that I am not the real Kallen I care about you, and that’s why I want to apologize to you, why I haven’t been able to do anything for you in the past 500 years, why I’ll understand if you’re going to hate me." Kallen spoke in a sad tone and importance. She couldn't do anything to help Yae Sakura all this time, so it would be natural for Yae Sakura to have some grudge against her since she is not the real Kallen. 

"Don't say that Kallen, I would never hate you, in fact I am the one who has to apologize to you. All this time while you were fighting alone against that Herrscher I wasn't even able to help you, if there is someone who should apologize then it's me..." Yae Sakura spoke in a hasty tone. 

"But Sakura..." Kallen spoke. 

"No Kallen, I..." Yae Sakura spoke.

The two continued to try to take each other's blame. 

Ryusuke has had enough of these two loving discussions.

"Okay, enough of that useless discussion of you, you idiots." Ryusuke spoke fed up with the conversation between the two.

"Hein?" The two women were surprised by Ryusuke's meddling. And before they could speak, Ryusuke had already gone ahead. 

"First, it's about you Kallen-san. The fact that you are a copy of the memories of the original Kallen Kaslana is of no importance because even though you are a copy you are still Kallen Kaslana, only your memory is a matter of great importance for Sakura-san, if it weren't for you Sakura-san would have succumbed to Herrscher a long time ago. So don't you dare devalue yourself like that." Ryusuke said as he pointed his index finger at Kallen. 

"Now it's about you, Sakura-san. Don't start saying things like it's your fault for not being able to get where Kallen-san was, you tried in every possible way to solve the problems that were being imposed on you and yet you were always forced to repeat those cycles against your will, so stop blaming yourself when you haven't done anything wrong."

"You two are each other's moral support, instead of apologizing, you should be happy to be able to meet again today. So stop calling me with this useless discussion." Ryusuke spoke a little frustrated and tired of listening to them both with this conversation. 

Ryusuke spoke and put everything out. He no longer wanted this situation in which he kept holding the candles for the couple to continue. 

'I think I understand a little bit now how Bronya Zaychik felt when she had to see the sweet moments of Kiana Kaslana and Raiden Mei, being the person who holds the candles for the couple is really frustrating.' Ryusuke thought with a little sympathy for Bronya Zaychik, one of the protagonists of the game. 

The two women were silent and looked at each other and smiled, they seemed to have a much better mood now.

"We don't know where the Herrscher of Corruption is but we do know that she is here at the time, we should at least stay calm and watch out for everywhere here." Ryusuke spoke.

The two women agreed with Ryusuke's words. 

"Kallen-san, how long will it take before you get better from your injuries?" Ryusuke asked. 

"Don't worry, in three days I'll be brand new." Kallen spoke with a confident smile. 

"I understand, so in this case we will stop here for now." Ryusuke spoke.

85