Chapter 16 (volume 1)
2.2k 2 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Rin-San, are you like Kallen-san? Someone who is aware of this space of stigma and the countless repetitive cycles?" Ryusuke asked Yae Rin.

"I'm not exactly like the Kallen Kaslana you met, it is a copy of the original Kallen's memories and because of that it is unaffected by the rules established by the Herrscher of Corruption."

"But I am not like her, I am just an existence created by Herrscher of Corruption based on the memories that Yae Sakura has about Yae Rin. The only purpose for me to exist in this hellish place was to act like Oneee-chan's little sister and be killed in front of her again and again until her mind broke..." 

"But Onee-chan never gave up. She never gave up trying to save me from the ritual, even though she knows that everything in this space of stigma is false, even though she knows that I am not her real little sister, she never gave up trying to save me and mourn my deaths."

Yae Rin spoke with an expression of bitterness and sadness. From beginning to end of her explanations she remembered all the expressions that Yae Sakura made when she saw their deaths.

Ryusuke said nothing, he didn't know which words to use to try to comfort her even a little.

"At some unknown time I became aware of the cycles and that I am just an imitation of Yae Rin. As I became aware this is unknown to me, perhaps the strong willpower of Oneee-chan has managed to influence even if only a little bit of the space of stigma or who knows after so much has passed I realized all this alone. Nor can I say how it happened."

"Even though I became aware of the space of stigma, I had no control over my actions, all this time my body always acted like a weak and sick little girl, I haven't even been able to say anything different to her in the past few years."

Yae Rin spoke with an anguished sigh as she remembered that she was unable to do anything for Yae Sakura all this time. 

But soon after that his expression changed. Her expression changed to determination and gratitude when she looked at Ryusuke. 

"But all of that changed a few days ago with your arrival, Ryusuke-sama."

"When you arrived here there were many upheavals in the space of stigma, and in the middle of it all the restrictions that were imposed on me were somewhat weakened, I still couldn't act freely when we first met but before you two left I used all my strength to tell you what so you could come here where I have more freedom to speak."

"That little freedom was only possible to achieve why you managed to erase half of Herrscher's existence from Corruption when you came here." Yae Rin spoke with respect. 

"There is? What do you mean by that? I don't remember meeting Herrscher from Corruption, let alone erasing half of her existence." Ryusuke spoke surprised. 

All this time he stayed in this space of stigma he imagined that the Herrschers of Corruption would have spent a lot of Honkai energy and because of that she would have been in a weakened state by some time. But he never imagined that the Herrschers of Corruption would have half of its existence erased before he even saw it with his own eyes. 

But after thinking a little, it even makes sense. After all, the Herrscher of Corruption has no form, its shape is that of an Honkai energy that has consciousness.

Her whole conscience is trapped in the black cube and if the Honkai energy inside was erased then it will surely cease to exist. Basically she will die. 

"Ryusuke-sama, when you were brought here in the space of stigma, you should originally have appeared here at this time, this time is the closest to the nucleus of the black cube that keeps Herrscher from Corruption trapped in this space. But when you appeared here the Herrscher of Corruption was also present on the site and at that moment when you appeared half of her existence was erased, to prevent its complete erasure Herrscher from Corruption used all its strength to send you in another time within the space of stigma."

"The Herrscher of Corruption didn't have time to choose when you would stop, and you ended up going to the same time that Onee-chan was."

"After that Herrscher of Corruption isolated herself in a small space hidden in the sanctuary of Yae village and has remained there ever since."

Yae Rin and explained about Herrscher's situation of Corruption and why she hasn't done anything so far. 

"Okay, I admit that I didn't expect things to go that way. What are the chances that Herrscher of Corruption is already aware that Sakura-san and I have already joined Kallen-san?" Ryusuke asked surprised that things have gone so well for them so far. 

"She probably already noticed about you all being together. Ryusuke-sama, please be very careful when you go there, she certainly must have set many traps there." Yae Rin said in a slight tone of concern. 

"I see, thanks for the warning." Ryusuke responded back. 

"And also..." Yae Rin stopped her words, she didn't know how to express herself to place her order for Ryusuke. 

"Okay, I'll take care of Sakura-san when we go outside." Ryusuke spoke with a tranquil smile for her.

Yae Rin looked at Ryusuke with surprise and soon changed to a smile of thanks.

"Thank you very much Ryusuke-sama." She thanked him.

"Hey Rin-San, before I go home from Sakura-san how about you tell me more about you, now that you have freedom to say you must have a lot that you want to vent even if just a little, right? I don't mind staying here and keeping you company." Ryusuke spoke.

"Eh? But Ryusuke-sama I don't see how important it can be to talk about, in fact this can be a waste of time. You don't have to worry about me "Yae Rin tried to convince Ryusuke. She didn't want him to waste his time with her. Although she is a little happy for his words.

But Ryusuke didn't care. 

"Rin-San, actually after I came here I lost sleep, so how about we spend the next hour talking until I feel sleepy." Ryusuke spoke with a smile.

Yae Rin understood that Ryusuke would not give up talking. 

And so the two spent the next hour talking about several that Yae Rin wanted to talk to his sister all these years, about all the complaints she had all this time against the villagers and about several other things that bothered her all this time. Yae Rin really vented everything in her heart that she couldn't speak all this time. She really felt free and refreshed. 

An hour passed and Ryusuke had to say goodbye to Yae Rin to return to Yae Sakura's house. 

"Rin-San was a very long conversation but it was fun. But I have to go now." Ryusuke spoke.

"I see, have a safe return for each of Oneee-chan, Ryusuke." Yae Rin spoke with a smile. After all this time talking, she left the formalities aside and called him just by his name. She spoke with a smile but inside she was a little sad that the conversation had to end now.

"Be well." Yae Rin spoke while Ryusuke was walking away. In her entire life in this space of stigma, only Yae Sakura was in her heart. But now another is there, someone who has only recently arrived and who she will probably never see again, but who still managed to get in a place in her heart. 

76