Chapter 26 (volume 1)
1.9k 3 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Guys if you find any spelling mistakes then you can tell me and I'll correct them.)

"*sniff ... * * sniff...*"

Inside a completely closed cell with no opening to see it outside. There was RIN who was sitting with her arms wrapped around her knees, she was crying while her face was hidden in her arms. 

It had been 3 weeks since she was placed in confinement within the base of Fire Moth for being considered the twelfth Herrscher. 

For someone like her who doesn't like being alone, those 3 weeks were very difficult. Even though she received food three times a day, the only person who spoke briefly to her was Dr. MEI through one of a monitor on the cell wall. Dr. MEI asked her how she was feeling and RIN replied that she had nothing unusual about her.

RIN asked several times to see her sister but Dr. MEI said she should wait until they have a diagnosis of her situation. After she was considered harmless she could see her sister, until that moment she should wait. 

It had been three days since her last conversation with Dr. MEI, RIN felt very lonely and nervous to be alone in this cell but she remained calm, she knew that this was just a bad time and that she would pass soon and that she could very soon see her older sister, so she just needed to behave and endure this situation just for a little while longer than then she could see her older sister again. 

*CRRRRRRRR*

"?!"

At that moment the door to RIN's cell was opening. RIN realized this, since she was placed in this cell, the door through which she entered has never opened since she was placed in this cell. The food always came from a small automatic opening in the wall. 

"Onee-chan?" RIN raised his face and asked with a hopeful smile, she really wanted to hear her older sister's voice after all this time when she was alone. 

But unfortunately what greeted her was not her older sister's voice. What greeted her was...

*BANG * * BANG * * BANG * BANG * * BANG * * BANG * * BANG * * BANG*

suddenly a lot of armed soldiers were on the other side of the door and opened fire on her.

RIN was shot in 11 different places, luckily or unfortunately none of the bullets hit her head.

"It hurts ... it hurts a lot..."

RIN was lying on the floor, she had several gunshot wounds and she was coughing up blood to the point that she could hardly speak. She had tears in her eyes because of the agonizing pain she was feeling. Her blood was spreading more and more on the floor 

"Haha, we did it!! We killed that demon cub!!"

"Yes, with that it is more of a victory for humanity.!!"

"Die, you damn Herrscher!!!"

The soldiers celebrated while they played all kinds of insults against RIN. 

Fire Moth superiors gave clear orders that no one would interfere with RIN until the investigation into their Herrscher powers was clarified. But these soldiers disobeyed orders and decided to kill her because each of them lost their loved ones to Honkai. 

"You idiots, do you have any idea what you did? She was just a child..."

Outside the cell, there were some people who were being immobilized on the floor by invading soldiers. These people were chosen by Dr. MEI to monitor and ensure that nothing bad happens to RIN while investigating her Herrscher's powers, she currently showed no evidence of showing her powers or having her mind corrupted by Honkai. These people who kept watch over RIN even wondered if they had not caught the wrong person the way RIN behaved all this time. 

"And? She was a Herrscher, she was an enemy of humanity and that is why she deserved death." One of the soldiers spoke as he approached the man, he did not have an ounce of guilt for shooting a child. 

"But Herrscher of Binding chose to protect humanity from that monstrous Honkai beast. It was thanks to her sacrifice that there are still some cities in this ruined world, so you shouldn't..." The immobilized man was unable to finish his sentence. 

*BANG * The soldier shot the immobilized man in the head.

"And since when did we ask for your opinion? We are fighting for the hope of humanity. If you are a Herrschers sympathizer then you are also an enemy." The soldier spoke in a tone of fanaticism. And the other armed soldiers are also the same as him.

Inside the cell, the RIN had an increasingly weak breath, she was unable to say anything due to the blood in her throat, but she was able to hear what happened outside.

'Why did this happen? I didn't hurt anyone ... I'm just a good ordinary girl ... so why ... why ... why ... why are they doing this to me? Did I do something bad? But I just wanted to see Onee-chan again...'

At that moment RIN realized that she couldn't see her sister again if she died there, at that moment her heart was filled with fear and despair with the thought that she would die there and that she could no longer see her older sister, she also hated the soldiers who shot her.

Because of all these negative feelings Herrscher of Corruption who was asleep within the RIN woke up. 

{ I already understood your situation, so I will be brief ... }

RIN was surprised and did not understand why she could hear a voice inside her head. 

{ Your first choice is simply to give up resisting those filth and die here, that way you will never see your older sister again ... }

{ Your other choice is to merge with me and become the twelfth Herrscher, the Herrscher of Corruption, that way you will gain the power to survive and so you can stand by your older sister. }

Herrscher's personality spoke in a monotonous and emotionless tone. 

"Why ... are you ... trying to help me?" RIN asked with the few strength he had left. She couldn't understand why Herrscher proposed this deal when she could simply steal control of her body and erase her existence.

{ Because I was born out of your desires and curses that reside within your heart, in this world i am the one who knows you best and that’s why i can sympathize with you who just want to live a normal life with your sister, but this desire was cruelly trampled by the plague known as humanity. }

{ The duty that God gave me was to purge the plague known as humanity, but if you accept my proposal then we can both save your older sister from this purge, after all your sister has the genes of a Honkai beast so it's okay to keep her close. }

{ So, do you accept my proposal? }

Herrscher personality asked. RIN did not respond for 5 seconds but soon she did. 

"Please ... let me see my sister again..." RIN used all his remaining strength to respond. 

{ Very well, I will consider this as a yes. }

At that moment RIN's body disintegrated in a fog. And that marked the beginning of Herrscher's 12th attack on the Corruption Herrscher. 

68