Chapter 25 (volume 1)
2k 6 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(This was a very long chapter. Please comment if you find any typos.)

"Hey Onee-chan, are you going to work tonight too?" RIN asked with a slightly discouraged and sad expression. After all, she doesn't like being alone at home.

"I'm sorry, RIN. I will have to stay out tonight too." SAKURA spoke in an apologetic tone because she did not want to leave her little sister alone at home. But she needed to go because of her job, because only then could she guarantee a safe life for her.

"RIN you don't have to be that sad, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow I will have time off so we will have the weekend for us. What do you think about us going to the amusement park together tomorrow?" SAKURA spoke while stroking RIN's hair to cheer her up.

"Really, Onee-chan? In this case it is a promise, you cannot go back on your word, Oneee-chan..." RIN spoke while lifting his little finger to SAKURA with a cheerful smile. 

"Yes, it is a promise." SAKURA said with a smile as he joined his little finger with hers.

"RIN don't worry, today I will be arriving early from work..." SAKURA spoke as he went out the door and closed the door. 

After SAKURA left, and his steps could no longer be heard, RIN's expression changed...

She went from a cheerful smile to a lonely and sad expression. 

"Please come back Onee-chan soon ... I don't like being alone..."

She murmured softly with insecurity.

A little further behind her were three people watching her. These three people were Ryusuke, Yae Sakura and Kallen. 

"Ryusuke, are you sure these are all Herrscher's memories of Corruption?" Yae Sakura asked in a tone of denial. She couldn't understand why there was a copy of her and her little sister Yae Rin. She was still suspicious that the Herrscher of Corruption could appear suddenly and attack them by surprise in this strange place. 

"Yes, I'm sure this place is a part of Herrscher's memories of Corruption. I don't know how it happened and I'm still trying to find a way out of those memories."

Ryusuke replied to Yae Sakura. Since he managed to arrest and take possession of the Herrscher's powers of Corruption, the space of stigma has been very messy, after all Herrscher da Corruption was the one who had control of the stigma space and in the last 500 years she used the memories of Yae Sakura to simulate Vila Yae to torment Yae Sakura. But Ryusuke took control of the stigma space and without him noticing they were dragged into Herrscher's memories of Corruption. 

These memories are like recordings, Ryusuke and the two women are not able to interact and interfere with what is ahead of them. Even when they try to touch the people there they cross like holograms. This is completely different from Yae village where it is possible to touch objects and people there. 

"Hey guys, this place is changing again." Kallen warned them when she saw that the image of the apartment was distorting again. So far they have seen several random memories that showed the daily life of RIN and SAKURA, from the point of view of RIN.

A few seconds later the place they were in changed. They seemed to be in another apartment. 

Inside this apartment they saw that SAKURA was wearing a hat over her head and that she was avoiding looking into RIN's eyes.

"Hey Onee-chan, today is very hot, are you sure you want to take off that hat?" RIN asked SAKURA with curiosity. 

"Don't worry RIN, it's no big deal. I just want to wear the hat in here, that's all..." SAKURA spoke with a small stuttering as he looked away to avoid RIN's gaze.

"Okay then..." RIN said, not touching on the subject anymore. But her eyes seemed to say that she wouldn't give up on the matter so easily. SAKURA didn't notice RIN's gaze.

After some, SAKURA bent down to pick up something that fell on the floor and at that moment RIN jumped like a cat and took off the hat from SAKURA's head. 

'!?' SAKURA realized that RIN took the hat off her head and immediately she tried to cover the top of her head with her hands. 

What SAKURA was trying to hide from RIN was the pair of fox ears that were on top of his head. 

'So these are the fox ears that SAKURA developed when it became a MANTIS? Aahhh, what a cutie. It is a pity that I am in a holographic projection and cannot touch anything otherwise I would love to touch those fox ears and feel them with my own hands.' Ryusuke thought while he struggled to maintain a neutral expression on his face to hide his thoughts. Ryusuke looked at Yae Sakura for a moment and sighed internally as she didn't have the fox ears she had in the game. 

"RIN ... and-I can explain..." SAKURA was nervous and afraid, she didn't know what to say to RIN after her fox ears had been discovered by her.

"Wow, Oneee-chan you have fox ears over your head, that is ... yeah..." RIN was surprised by what he saw in his older sister's head. She for a moment did not know what to say.

"This is so cool. Ah these ears are so cute, Oneee-chan can I touch them?" RIN asked excitedly with her hands together while she had stars in her eyes. 

"Eh?" SAKURA was surprised by the RIN reaction, she hoped her little sister would be afraid of her because she had undergone surgery to become a MANTIS who has genes from a Honkai beast in her body, scientists and other Fire Moth employees began to look at her with a slight fear, hostility and disgust because of that and it was for this reason that she wanted to hide her ears from her little sister, so that she would not have to see her little sister's look of fear. 

But she never expected her little sister to have that kind of reaction when she saw her ears and it left her in a state of confusion where she doesn't know what to say.

In the end SAKURA allowed RIN to touch her ears although she then regretted it. 

After that, Ryusuke, Kallen and Yae Sakura continued to witness several other memories that appeared. Birthday parties, Christmas, weekends and several other happy memories.

Through these memories Ryusuke can see some of the Flame-Chases he saw in the game, which were Kalpas, Elysia, Griseo, Pardofelis and Kevin. 

Ryusuke found it very funny when he saw that Kalpas, who was always a very aggressive and emotionally unstable guy, was all clumsy when dealing with a child like RIN. It was possible to see that although Kalpas and SAKURA met on the left foot, they could still have a somewhat friendly relationship. 

Elysia greeted the sisters with her usual friendly smile, she even asked SAKURA if she left her ringing in her ears, SAKURA naturally rejected Elysia's request. The pink-haired elf pretended to have a hurt expression while pouting. Elysia asked RIN if she ever touched SAKURA's ears and RIN said yes and that it was an incredible feeling to hold them with her own hands, she responded innocently. When Elysia heard this she looked at SAKURA with a knowledgeable smile and SAKURA blushed completely with RIN's words, while RIN smiled innocently without understanding the reaction of the two women in front of her.

RIN and Griseo met through their families, SAKURA and Griseo's parents who also worked at Fire Moth. The two girls didn't talk much because Griseo was an introvert child but the two still became friends. Griseo also said that she was hoping to find an inspiration to paint a picture on RIN. 

Once RIN found Pardofelis sleeping on top of a tree, she was running away from service to relax around. Pardofelis asked RIN not to say anything to his superiors that she was loitering there, RIN agreed in return that she could pet her cat, Can. At the end of that day Pardofelis was found by Dr. MEI and received a great sermon. 

And RIN also met Kevin several times whenever she visited the Fire Moth base, the two did not have a very close relationship but they still greeted each other, and sometimes Kevin even smiled from time to time, which surprised Ryusuke a lot who only knew him in the game.

Of course, hidden in these happy memories was some alarming information. Like the arrival of the ninth Herrscher, the Herrscher of Rock.

What did this Herrscher do to be considered alarming? Nothing much, he just erased an entire continent from the map.

The power of Herrscher of Rock is the power to manipulate gravity, and the first thing that this Herrscher did was to create a black Pseudo-Black Hole the whole Continent Mu and erase it from existence. A little later, in a much-suffering battle, Fire Moth managed to kill this Herrscher. But unfortunately the consequences of this Herrscher's arrival were devastating for the world.

Because of the Pseudo-Black Hole that Herrscher created a series of earthquakes spread all over the world and this messed up several nations in the world and destroyed countless cities at that time. In addition to the fact that Continente Mu was home to one sixth of the world population. 

Another problem caused by the ninth Herrscher was the almost total collapse of the world economy. Continente Mu was the economic and scientific center of the world at that time and the fact that it disappeared suddenly caused a colossal shock in the world. The public order of the world turned upside down and in some parts of the world it fell into a state of complete anarchy. 

Fortunately RIN lived in the city that had Fire Moth headquarters so she had no problem. 

After some unknown time, the tenth Herrscher arrived, the Herrscher of Legion.

The Herrscher of Legion is a peculiar Herrscher compared to the other Herrschers, it has the ability to fragment its Herrscher core into a thousand pieces and then implant them in a thousand people and then transform them into Pseudo-Herrschers, these thousand Pseudo-Herrschers have a collective mind and they all think as one individual, and that is where the name Legion comes from. This Herrscher was also able to use the powers of some of the previous Herrschers who were defeated before them, such as the Herrscher of Thunder, the Herrscher of Wind, Herrscher of Ice and Herrscher of Flames, although they were much smaller versions than the original Herrschers.

As these Herrschers were able to communicate with each other through their thoughts they were able to formulate various strategies for war against humanity, the most infamous of these strategies was the guerrilla tactic, as they were able to see their hosts' memories the Herrscher of Legion was able to find and attack the main weaknesses and strategic points of Fire Moth through the knowledge of some of the high-ranking members who were transformed into Pseudo-Herrschers. 

The battle against Herrscher of Legion was terrible for Fire Moth, they had no way of knowing when their allies would be turning into enemies and that battle lasted for months until they managed to eliminate until the last Herrscher of Legion.

Fortunately, RIN was very lucky not to have become one of the targets of the tenth Herrscher, she spent most of her time in her home safely. 

So far everything that has appeared in Herrscher's memories of Corruption over the Previous Age corresponding to what was mentioned in the game and in the manga of Honkai Impact story that Ryusuke saw in his past life. But from here on, the events of the Previous Age differ from what he knew. 

'What? Wasn't the eleventh Honkai disaster that decimated 70% of human civilization caused by the Herrscher of Binding but by a planet-level Honkai beast? But what is a planet-level Honkai beast? And what happened to the Herrscher of Binding of the Previous Age?' Ryusuke was full of questions in the face of the revelations that emerged in Herrscher's memories of Corruption but he had no answer to that. Ryusuke had a bitter face in the face of these revelations about the eleventh Honkai eruption of the Previous Era. Unfortunately, RIN was just a civilian who did not have access to Fire Moth's restricted information about Honkai. 

Kallen and Yae Sakura were horrified by what they heard, they have heard stories about the Herrs destroying the Previous Age having destroyed the world in the past but they never expected anything as absurd as an entire continent to be erased. 

Soon some more memories were shown to him until a fateful memory was shown to them.

RIN had his hands up while she had an expression of fear and tears in his eyes. The reason for this is that there were dozens of armed soldiers pointing their weapons at her and there were also some mech (robots) there. None of these soldiers started the attack on her, they were waiting for her superior's orders, and the superior of these soldiers is Kevin. 

Kevin was visibly surprised and shaken to discover that RIN became a Herrscher, he did not expect RIN to become the twelfth Herrscher and he cursed Honkai for again turning good people into Herrschers like what happened to HIMEKO.

Kevin approached RIN and told her that she didn't have to worry or be afraid, he said he would take her to Dr. MEI and that Dr. MEI would be able to help her solve her problems and that she could soon return to her life routine with your sister. 

RIN was still a little scared in that situation but she agreed to go with Kevin. 

*sigh*

Ryusuke took a sigh. He had a sad expression because he could already imagine how things were going to go next. 

'Please stop...'

At that moment Ryusuke had a voice in his mind, that voice had a tearful and supplicant tone. 

'Please ... don't show me anything else ... I beg you...'

Ryusuke understood whose voice was in his mind. 

It was Herrscher's voice of Corruption. 

**********************

(Author's note: hi guys it's just to show this picture of SAKURA.)

70