Chapter 28 (volume 1)
1.9k 2 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

( Author's note: hi guys I already got better from the flu. )

It's been a long time ... a lot of time has passed since the last time she saw what was outside the black cube. 

After she fell into Mobius' hands, her life turned to hell. Even though Mobius' research methods were limited by Herrscher's dangerous powers of Corruption still caused absurd suffering for the Herrscher of Corruption. Since then she has hidden inside the black cube to try to avoid suffering in Mobius' experiments.

The black cube in which the Herrscher of Corruption was attached is the container holding the twelfth Divine Key that was not yet in shape. Because Herrscher of Corruption is still alive and still refuses to hand over his Herrscher core the twelfth Divine Key has not yet come to be born, although the black cube mechanisms will immediately begin the process of placing the Herrscher nucleus in the Soulium to create the Divine Key when you feel that the Herrscher of Corruption is no longer resisting. 

During that time there were some scientists who proposed that the Herrscher of Corruption be completely destroyed to avoid any danger to humanity, others suggested that they lock the Herrscher of Corruption inside the black cube and throw it in the Sea of Quanta so that it would be sealed forever while it wandered between dimensions without being able to break free. But Mobius rejected these suggestions and continued with the experiments to Herrscher's disgust at Corruption. 

After many attempts at experiments that took place once a week suddenly everything changed.

One day suddenly there was no attempt to force her to go to the experiments.

A week has passed ... a month has passed ... a year has passed ... a century has passed...

After a hundred years she noticed a detail. 

Has humanity ever been destroyed by Honkai?

When she thought about this possibility she was satisfied with it, after all it is impossible for humanity to beat Honkai. But right after that she was scared after all she doesn't know anything about what happened outside, and if she gets stuck in the black cube forever, she got a shiver of fear just thinking about it.

And then after countless times of time it passed.

During these thousands of years she has not lost her will to live, for if she loses that she would become a Divine Key and she definitely did not want to become a tool of humanity. To avoid losing her will to live she thought of several to avoid getting lost in the darkness of boredom. 

She envisioned several ways to get back at Dr. MEI and Mobius for everything they did against her. She envisioned several ways to torment humanity's life. She even studied the knowledge that was stored in her mind when she hacked Fire Moth computers, in this data there was the knowledge that Fire Moth studied about the other previous Herrschers, about the Divine Keys and about several other studies about Honkai. 

Herrscher of Corruption always avoided thinking about SAKURA because whenever she remembered her older sister she was always plagued by the feeling of guilt for causing her death.

And finally 500 years ago, there was a small disturbance in the black cube.

"Huh, what was that?"

Was Herrscher of Corruption surprised that something disturbed even a little bit of the black cube?

Soon after she heard some almost inaudible murmurs but like a Herrscher she has senses much superior to those of humans and with that she managed to understand just a little of the situation outside. 

"Hahahaha, humans never change, they remain the same as always." Herrscher laughed at human stupidity. Humans are trying to open the black cube hoping there is some hope in the fight against Honkai without knowing that they are trying to free one of Honkai's Herrschers. All of this while he is praying to God. Herrscher laughed at the pathetic and disgusting hope of humanity that is driven only by greed to want more power than they already have.

Schicksal managed to make a tiny opening in the black cube, that opening closed at the same moment it was opened, but that long enough for the Herrscher of Corruption to use a tiny fraction of its power. Even though she couldn't get out of there, she was still able to create and spread the Black Death in Europe that killed 200 million more people at that time. 

With the emergence of the Black Death, Schicksal's desire for power was further boosted, to the point that they start taking children to try to sacrifice them in experiments to try to awaken the black cube.

And when the experiments were almost able to open the black cube, Kallen appeared and prevented Schicksal's plans, there was a brief battle between Kallen and Herrscher of Corruption who tried to steal Kallen's body to try to escape the black cube but she lost and remained trapped in the cube. Kallen understanding the dangers that were hidden in the black cube and she chose to desert Schicksal and take the black cube with her out of Schicksal's reach. 

After a few years' trip to Kallen ended up arriving in the Far East where she ended up being ambushed by Schicksal's pursuers. Although she managed to escape, she was badly injured by her pursuers and thus fell into a river, and it was from there that Kallen and Yae Sakura met. 

Kallen lived at Yae Sakura's house for a few weeks, so one day Yae Sakura was close to the black cube and Herrscher of Corruption felt Yae Sakura's presence.

What caught Herrscher's attention about Yae Sakura was that Yae Sakura had a lot of very deep and strong hatred hidden in her heart against the village that killed her little sister.

Herrscher started whispering some sweet words to her, saying that she will empower Yae Sakura, power so that she can take revenge and kill any of those villagers she hates so much. 

But Yae Sakura did not accept the offer, she thought it was all a hallucination and then she left. 

"Damn ..." Herrscher of Corruption was cursing when she saw Yae Sakura leaving. 

But then three days later Yae Sakura came back to the black cube and she looked desperate. She tried to speak to the black cube to see if the voice she heard before was not a hallucination. 

"What you want? The other time you said you didn't want anything to hallucinate with me, so why are you here?" The Herrscher of Corruption asked curiously what would make her so desperate that she would come to her.

"Please ... lend me your strength, I need your power to protect Kallen." Yae Sakura begged in a pleading tone for Herrscher who was in the cube. 

Yae Sakura explained that the villagers in the village decided to do another sacrifice ritual for the Gods because of the difficulties that have been happening recently and how they decided to choose Kallen as the sacrifice. 

Yae Rin's death was a very profound trauma for Yae Sakura, whenever she remembers that moment she can't help feeling helpless and resentful about what happened that night. And now that Kallen has arrived and brought some color and joy into her gray life, the villagers once again want to take someone precious from her. She couldn't take it anymore, so she was so desperate as to speak to the suspicious entity that was inside the black cube. 

"I understood your situation, so I have a proposal for you. In exchange for that I will kill all the villagers and ensure that your beloved Kallen is not killed by them, you will open this cube, what do you think of this agreement? It's good, right?" The Herrscher of Corruption proposed the agreement. She is loving the situation, because then she will finally have the opportunity to escape since Yae Sakura's body has a high compatibility with her

Yae Sakura opened her mouth but could not find a word to speak, she was hesitant to ask for help from the strange entity that was in the cube. 

"Okay, I accept..." Yae Sakura spoke while she moves the black cube. After a few seconds she was able to open it. Due to all Schicksal attempts to try to open the cube, the restrictions of the black cube have been greatly weakened, if Kallen had not taken the black cube, then Schicksal would certainly have managed to open the cube and free Herrscher in Europe. 

When Yae Sakura opened the cube, a black mist filled the room in which she was.

"AAAHHHHH!!!"

Yae Sakura shouted. The black mist that was the Herrscher of Corruption entered her body. Herrscher's goal of Corruption was simple ... she wanted to take Yae Sakura's body as her body had a high compatibility to become her new vessel. The fight between the ones lasted about 2 minutes before it ended with Herrscher suppressing Yae Sakura's mind. 

"Hehehe... HAHAHAHA ... finally, I finally managed to escape that damn cube and on top of that I got an excellent vessel for myself, but how wonderful." Herrscher laughed with happiness with a manic smile for regaining her freedom by escaping the black cube.  She already has control over Yae Sakura's body.

Herrscher got up from the floor and walked to the bedroom door, when she passed she saw a mirror and in that way she finally saw Yae Sakura's appearance.

His eyes widened and his eyes began to shed tears. 

"Why am I crying?" The Herrscher of Corruption was left with an unanswered question, she didn't know why she was crying when she saw Yae Sakura's appearance, or more precisely she did not remember why she was crying. 

"Well it doesn't matter at the moment, now I need to get used to using this vessel as soon as possible, after all, that stupid nun with that disgusting sense of justice won't be long before she realizes any abnormality here. Fortunately I have a lot of meat bags to cut and get used to using this receptacle in combat." 

"But now that I have looked better in the mirror I feel that something is missing in this vessel. But what is it? Ah, I finally realized what was missing ... "Herrscher of Corruption finally understood what Yae Sakura's appearance lacked, and using her Herrscher powers of Corruption she slightly modified Yae Sakura's body.

So Yae Sakura's body improved significantly and her body was very similar to that of the MANTIS of the Previous Age, but of course the most significant change was the pair of fox ears that appeared over her head.

"Great, now she's perfect ..." Herrscher was satisfied with Yae Sakura's appearance. She then went to the door of the house.

"Yae Sakura, don't worry, I'll make sure your beloved Kallen isn't killed by those petty villagers, why after I cut those villagers I will kill that nun with my own hands ... oops, or I should say your hands... Hahahaha." The Herrscher of Corruption left the house with a smile thirsty for bloodshed. 

71