Chapter 63 (volume 3)
1.6k 6 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter was proofread by my new editor, oldmanofthemountain, it was thanks to him that you can read this chapter without typos. You better thank him. 

******************

"What the hell!!"

Inside a small orphanage in the snowy lands of Russia. There was a 30 year old blonde woman who slammed her hand on the table.

Her hair was curled into two coiled curls at the front, she had purple eyes, she wore a green military uniform that had a low neckline that exposed her breasts a lot. Her skirt had a side opening so you could see a lot of her legs.

This woman is Cocolia, she is the leader of the innovative faction of the Anti-Entropy organization that fights the Honkai.

She is in such a bad mood because the innovative faction's situation is getting tighter and tighter.

Welt, the First Herrscher, the Sovereign of Anti-Entropy, has returned to the organization.

He was absent from the organization for several years and because of this Anti-Entropy was left without supervision, which allowed certain people to gain more influence than they should have.

Anti-Entropy was founded following a philosophy of "eradicating the Honkai without harming people", they strived to create robots to fight in the place of the Valkyries.

The Valkyries have a very tragic fate. Being killed by Honkai Beasts or zombies on the battlefield, dying because of the Honkai energy that is inside their bodies to be reduced to ashes, or turning into monsters because of the Honkai's corruption and being killed by their companions.

The founders of Anti-Entropy did not want to place the heavy burden of protecting humanity on the shoulders of these poor tragic girls. That's why they dedicated themselves to creating tools that could fight in their place.

Anti-Entropy mechs are capable of fighting Honkai Beasts. Despite their enormous size and absurd weights, they were able to move very quickly thanks to the impulse of Honkai energy that is used as a source of energy.

Unfortunately, the mechs were unable to bring satisfactory results as the cost of production and maintenance was very high. Honkai energy is highly volatile and corrosive, meaning that the lifespan of mechs is very short and they need to change parts all the time. Causing Anti-Entropy to spend a lot of money.

The only thing that can serve as a suitable container for Honkai energy and not be worn out so quickly is the human body, or more specifically those who have a good adaptability to Honkai.

Because of this, the innovative faction considers the philosophy of Welt and the founders as obsolete and inefficient. They decided to do studies to improve the human body and did not restrict their research because of ethics. They didn't even care if they needed to sacrifice innocent lives to achieve their goals.

As Welt was absent for several years after the Second Honkai War the Innovative Faction became increasingly bold. They were managing to gain more and more influence within Anti-Entropy.

Cocolia fought hard to become the leader of the innovative faction, she had to resort to various methods, including bribery, blackmail and even murder against her opponents. The decisive moment that secured her position was when she placed the Conquest Gem inside a girl who possessed a Herrscher stigma.

But now that position she worked so hard to achieve is under threat because of Welt's return.

Little by little the influence of the innovative faction within Anti-Entropy was decreasing, many of the members and sponsors of the innovative faction changed sides and went to the conservative faction, after all they only stayed there because there was no better party at that time but now the situation changed with Welt's return and they decided to change sides.

As if that wasn't enough, many of the members of the innovative faction were being arrested for various crimes that go against the rules of the organization and the world.

The conservative faction would show them no mercy.

The members of the innovative faction were disappearing one by one, and Cocolia was already starting to get nervous about this because the way things were going sooner or later it would be up to her. The conservative faction has not acted against it so far because it still had a lot of influence, once again the innovative faction losing its power is only a matter of time before it is put in its place.

"Damn! It's one thing after another!!" Cocolia slammed her fist on the table. She was very upset and nervous. After all, she felt that within 1 or 2 years she would have the rope around her neck.

*Knock knock*

"Matushka? Is everything okay with you?" A little girl's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

"Huh? Ah, but of course Isabella, Matushka is just checking some documents. You can come in." Cocolia spoke in a calm and gentle manner.

The door opened and a 7 year old girl entered the room.

She had long blonde hair, green eyes, and she was wearing a white dress with long sleeves, she was also wearing long stockings that covered her legs.

"Isabella, why did you come here? Did something happen?" Cocolia asked with a maternal and welcoming smile, something that contrasts with her face full of dissatisfaction that she had a few seconds ago.

"It was nothing, Matushka. It's just that I heard a loud noise coming from here so I was worried about you." The little girl spoke, a little worried that something had happened to her Matushka.

(Author's note: Matushka is a formal way of referring to mother in Russian.)

"Haha, you silly girl. Why are you making that worried face? Your Matushka isn't going anywhere." Cocolia spoke with a motherly smile. Her mood improved a little when she saw that Isabella was worried about her.

"How are the girls?" Cocolia asked.

"Everyone is joking around, but Rozalya and Liliya are watching that show about idols on television." Isabella spoke in a happier tone when she saw that Cocolia was okay.

"What about Seele? Is she managing to fit in with the kids?" Cocolia asked with a bit of interest and concern.

It's only been a few days since a new girl started living at the orphanage, this girl's name is Seele Vollerei and she is 8 years old.

"Seele? Well, she's a little shy but I believe that with time she will open up to us." Isabella spoke with a bit of confidence.

"I see, I'm counting on you to make her feel at home." Cocolia spoke.

*beep* *beep*

At that moment an electronic call arrived for Cocolia. Making her twitch her eyebrows a little.

"Isabella, in a little while I want to give you girls some secret cookies. Could you tell everyone to wait in the cafeteria?" Cocolia spoke with a smile.

"Really? Yay!" Isabella was already happy and ran to inform the other girls at the orphanage.

Cocolia watched Isabella leave the room with a small, happy and calm smile. But then she sent it to a cold and grumpy face as she answered the call.

"What happened to you that you called me at this time?" Cocolia asked coldly.

On the monitor was a man with dark hair and glasses.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, boss, but something very serious has happened." The man had a somewhat playful smile, but even so he spoke in a serious tone.

"What happened?" Cocolia asked. She already had a premonition that it would be bad news.

"The small observation devices we placed on little Raiden Mei detected a brief and strong reaction of Honkai energy in the Conquest Gem. Although the situation has not yet gotten out of control to cause an Honkai eruption we believe it may be a matter of time before a Herrscher appears." The man passed his report.

Cocolia already had a bitter expression upon hearing this news. Creating and capturing a Herrscher was one of her goals when placing the Conquest Gem inside Raiden Mei. Studying a Herrscher would certainly be something that would further accelerate the development of the innovative faction. But now it was about to happen at the worst possible time, as she was too busy with Welt.

"What should we do? Ignore the Conquest Gem?" The man asked, he was aware of Anti-Entropy's political situation.

"No, we must act now. If we do nothing then Schicksal can get in front of us and capture Herrscher. We have invested a lot in this plan, we cannot let Schicksal steal the fruits of our labor." Cocolia was decisive.

She knew she couldn't do much but if she remained on the passive side then it would only delay the inevitable. She decided to take a risk even though she knew the odds were against her. She already knew the consequences of acting now but she had no choice.

(Author: after all, what is a fart that is already shitty?)

"How many mechs can we move without the conservative faction noticing?" Cocolia asked.

"We can only move 13 Titans. That's the limit of what we can move in secret." The man spoke.

"Make sure to capture the Herrscher, or at least retrieve the Conquest Gem, are we clear?" Cocolia spoke in an authoritative tone that left no room for refusal.

"Yes yes, I hope that after completing this mission I can receive a pay raise." The man then hung up the call with a playful smile.

*Sigh*

Cocolia let out a long sigh with a stressed expression.

"What do I need to do to make sure these kids live a happy life." She spoke in a tired tone.

One thing Cocolia didn't realize was that all her communications were being monitored by a certain Herrscher who would come in a few days to give her more headaches.

***********************

Author speaking:

Hi guys, how are you? I want to apologize for the slow updates, I know it's boring waiting for a new chapter. But I'm also very busy.

This was a great week for me, do you know why?

First in Genshin Impact, I got the zongli and I finally managed to leave Noelle at C6.

In Honkai Star Rail, I got the imaginary element Dan Heng.

And in FGO I got Kama Summer. I spent 150 sq on her banner and I received both Caenis Rider and Sei Shonagon Berserker.

Guys, I was so happy that I forced myself to do thi

s chapter, after all, it would be boring to share this news with you and not give a new chapter, right?

Thank you for reading this far.

41