Chapter 65 (volume 3)
1.7k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter was proofread by my new editor, oldmanofthemountain, it was thanks to him that you can read this chapter without typos. You better thank him. 

****

{What did you say?}

The Herrscher of Corruption asked Ryusuke a little incredulously.

Of all the things he could say to her, those words were the ones she didn't expect coming from him.

'I said that no matter what we do, the Honkai will not be destroyed.'

Ryusuke spoke again with a calm expression in his mind.

At that moment he closed his eyes, and his consciousness appeared within his library within his Natural Stigma.

The Herrscher of Corruption was there in her dark fox form. Her red eyes stared at Ryusuke with confusion.

Ryusuke stared at the Herrscher of Corruption and then spoke.

"Didn't you ever find this strange? During all this time Honkai didn't pay the slightest attention to me, even though I received the Stigma of the Herrscher of Binding directly from Honkai's hands there hasn't been the slightest movement coming from the honkai. Even though I have taken the Serenity Gem and used it to cure Welt, there was no complaint from Honkai..." Ryusuke closed his eyes and spoke calmly.

"..." The Herrscher of Corruption was silent.

Opening his eyes and seeing Herrscher of Corruption being so quiet and speechless, Ryusuke decided to continue speaking.

"The Binding power and the Corruption power... those powers are pretty absurd, aren't they?"

"If these powers were used unrestrainedly then it would be very likely that humanity would be annihilated. Especially if the Herrschers who contain these powers were the first to appear."

"If Honkai had sent the last Herrscher right at the beginning then humanity would already be lost before it even had a chance to fight..."

"Stop beating around the bush, you little shit, get straight to the finals!" The Herrscher of Corruption was already losing patience with all of Ryusuke's talk.

Ryusuke was not at all irritated by the Herrscher of Corruption's interruption.

"Our existences are completely unnecessary for Honkai. Honkai doesn't care about us, all it takes is for Honkai to throw the final Herrscher into this world which will then result in the endgame for humanity. And this entire world will be destroyed." Ryusuke spoke with a tired calm.

Even though he doesn't know Honkai's total power level, he knows that an existence that can screw over countless parallel universes is certainly not weak. Furthermore, in Post-Odyssey it was stated that the Honkai was sealed rather than destroyed, meaning that this may have been the most humanity could do against the Honkai.

"Hmph, that's good to hear. But aren't you too calm for someone who is humanity's ally?" The Herrscher of Corruption asked one curiously upon seeing Ryusuke's calm state.

"He, first... if being nervous or desperate would help me even just a little then I would have lost my mind a long time ago." Ryusuke let out a small dry laugh.

"Second, I thought that over all this time you had already noticed a crucial detail about me." Ryusuke spoke a little disappointed and with his arms crossed as he looked at her.

"I'm not anyone's ally. Be it the Honkai or humanity, I don't care about either of them. I just want to live my life peacefully." Ryusuke spoke.

"Hmph! How much longer are you going to keep telling these lies?! You're clearly on the side of humanity, after all you helped those bastards a lot!" The Herrscher of Corruption spoke with hostility.

"Hehe, very funny. Let me ask you something..." Ryusuke let out a small laugh at the Herrscher of Corruption's words.

"What do you think this world would be like if Honkai had never shown himself? Would it be a better place?" Ryusuke asked with a small calm smile.

The Herrscher of Corruption did not respond. Although she wanted to say that this world is shit, she thought that this question was not as simple as it seems.

She reached this consensus after living with him over these three years, despite her simple desire, it seemed to be much deeper than it appears.

Seeing that the Herrscher of Corruption was hesitant to respond, Ryusuke had a small smile on his face.

'Apparently she is managing to calm down a little, very different from the time we met. It seems that interacting with other people is a good treatment for her who has been locked in that cube for so long.' Ryusuke thought, a little pleased to see that his mentality grew a little.

But soon Ryusuke's smile was replaced by a cold and disappointed face.

"The world would remain the same shit it always was. In fact, it wouldn't be impossible for the world to be even worse than it is today." Ryusuke spoke disinterested and discouraged because for him this was already a very obvious truth.

"Oh what a surprise, so you know humanity is shit and you still helped them?" The Herrscher of Corruption asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Hmph, I'm not naive enough to believe that all humans are trustworthy and honorable. I know well that there are many out there who are idiots and that there are others who are complete sons of bitches."

"And I'm not a good Samaritan who goes around helping others for free, I act mainly for my own good and the good of the people I care about, although I admit I had a little fun with those politicians corrupt." Ryusuke commented with a small mischievous smile at the end.

"If I join Honkai's side then the only thing I would be left with would be a completely uninhabitable and ruined world in the end. That is, if I am not killed by humanity before then." Ryusuke spoke with a disinterested smile on his face.

He knows that in the original story of the Previous Era the Herrscher of Binding was defeated by Fire Moth, so he would not be arrogant to think that he would be invincible in this world. Even though Fu Hua is not a threat to him at all, he still needs to be careful.

That's why it's not worth being an enemy of humanity if it's going to go through so many difficulties.

"I never intended to help either side, but since humanity is quite troubled so I decided to make some moves. And you know I did it for both of us, right? Thanks to Welt-san and Otto Apocalypse's protection a certain serpent will not be able to act against us. Although there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wake up in fear that the World Serpent is invading my home." Ryusuke spoke with a neutral expression.

"..." The Herrscher of Corruption grimaced bitterly when reminded about Mobius. As much as she wanted to scold Ryusuke for helping humanity, she still couldn't help but feel relieved to have a little bit of protection against Mobius.

"To be honest, I don't want the world to end while I'm alive in this era. I would thank Honkai if she or he could postpone the world's destruction until a few decades after my death from old age, but I know that is Too much to ask."

"That's why I'm going to do whatever I want before the end of the world. I won't interfere too much in the conflict between humanity and the Honkai unless it's to avoid inconvenience for myself." Ryusuke spoke with a small, confident smile.

Ryusuke has no idea how humanity sealed Honkai, after all he played up to chapter 27 of Honkai Impact 3. He has no idea how Kiana and the girls managed to stop Honkai, what was necessary for them to achieve this done? Was there something fundamental in their plot to achieve this? Ryusuke had no idea.

At first he didn't know how much his existence changed the plot of the game's story. After all, he received the Stigma of the Herrscher of Binding at the age of seven and at that same time, he destroyed the Sakura Samsara bow and trapped the Herrscher of Corruption within it.

Although there was a lot of confusion surrounding the plot of Sakura Samsara, as to whether or not this plot was canon to the game's main story, it did not seem to be of great importance to the story.

But the part about him having the Herrscher Stigma couldn't be ignored.

Kiana, Mei, Bronya, and even Fu Hua all became Herrschers during the story's progression, so Ryusuke thought it would be kind of obvious that Theresa would also become a Herrscher.

But which Herrscher would Theresa become?

In the manga stories, Theresa ended up receiving the Stigma of the Herrscher of Corruption when Yae Sakura saved her from a Pseudo-Herrscher who used poison. Of course Yae Sakura gave up her life to save Theresa, since she looked like Kallen, and Yae Sakura herself had no reason to live in that era.

Ryusuke didn't know if the story in the manga was something canonical or not in the history of the game's universe, after all it was never addressed in the main story of the game, from what he remembered at least.

Although Theresa had the Stigma of Corruption, Ryusuke did not believe that she would become the Herrscher of Corruption of this era.

And also in the few images referring to the Previous Era in the mangas, it showed that the Herrscher of Binding looked like Theresa.

Coincidence? I don't think so!

To be honest, Ryusuke doesn't know how important the Herrscher of Binding was in the plot. Whether this Herrscher was an enemy who would be defeated and would die like Wendy, the Owl or Ana Schariac, or whether Theresa would become whether this Herrscher was a doubt that haunted his head.

Just by existing he has already caused some small or large possible changes in the future of this world, but whether these changes would be good or bad he couldn't say.

'Hmph, it doesn't make any difference if I simply changed some things in the plot. After all this world already had a lot of different things compared to the game...' Ryusuke thought.

The fact that Griseo exists in this world is proof enough that the plot wouldn't be the same even if Ryusuke didn't interfere with anything.

This world is probably one of the parallel worlds of the imaginary Tree that is part of the Honkai universe.

Since the world will possibly be destroyed by Honkai and the plot probably won't be exactly the same as the game then there is no point in holding back in order to not interfere with the plot. I'm going to make the most of this short life and make whatever changes I want to the plot of Honkai Impact.

It was with this type of thought that he dared to negotiate with Otto.

Reviving Kallen so that she somehow doesn't get on Otto's bad side and thus tries to avoid getting caught up in those Ultimate Simp's crazy plans.

Cure Welt so he can regain leadership of Anti-Entropy and thus screw with Cocolia's plans.

Try to use these two organizations so as not to be defenseless if the World Serpent decides to make a move against him.

Ryusuke really enjoys his life with Yae Sakura, Kallen and Yae Rin. And that's why he will try to use whatever he can to live a normal life with them.

"I... I will live my life to the fullest, I will have fun and be happy in this short life and I will take every opportunity to benefit myself..." Ryusuke spoke calmly as he approached the Herrscher of Corruption.

"Hey... Wouldn't you like to join me in my goal of living a comfortable life? After all there's no need for us to act in any way to destroy humanity, right?" Ryusuke asked with a calm smile as he held out his hand to her.

"Screw you! You want me to forgive human scum?!" The Herrscher of Corruption was very angry.

*Sigh*

Ryusuke let out a small sigh but he didn't get angry or upset because he already knew things would happen like this.

"We've known each other for over three years, do you really think I would be so insensitive as to ask you this? What I asked you was for you to join me in relaxing and enjoying life by eating delicious food and playing games fun, because at least this is much more important than something insignificant like humanity." Ryusuke spoke.

"You say that humanity is of no importance to you but you give a lot of importance to the food and games that humanity creates. Aren't you being hypocritical?" The Herrscher of Corruption asked in a grumpy voice.

"Maybe it's like you said, I might be a hypocrite. But so what? I like humanity's creations but I don't want to fight for them. In this world doomed to destruction, is it so wrong to live for my own sake?" Ryusuke asked with a calm smile.

Before the Herrscher of Corruption had a chance to speak, Ryusuke turned around and started walking in the opposite direction of her.

"Where are you going?" The Herrscher of Corruption asked.

"Before returning to reality I will check on our new resident. Please try to get along with her, ok?" Ryusuke spoke with a small playful smile towards the Herrscher of Corruption.

"My proposal has no time limit. If you want to join me then all you need to do is give up your Herrscher core and hand it over to me and in return you might even have the opportunity to have a new body and live a normal life under my protection." Ryusuke spoke without turning around and then disappeared from the library.

"Fuck you, you asshole!"

The Herrscher of Corruption cursed Ryusuke after he left.

Ryusuke's consciousness left his library inside his Natural Stigma and went to the Yae village that was inside his Herrscher Stigma.

After walking a little he saw a little girl with gray-green hair sitting on the steps enjoying the scenery of the place.

"What's up, Galina-chan? Do you like it here?" Ryusuke asked with a friendly smile and his arms crossed.

********

Author's note: Hello my dears, did you miss me?

I wrote this chapter mainly because I was motivated. I got Jingliu in HSR with 40 shots, and with that my Sampo and Tingyun are already E3, Qingque is already E5.

When I leveled up Jingliu I got 10 tickets from the normal banner and I played. The one who came to me was Bronya, I'll finally be able to put her on the same team as Seele, and of course I also got Hook-sama and make her E5, I also got her on March 7th E5.

This week on Star Rail was incredible for me.

And I have a question for you

. What did you think of the HSR Pokémon League event? I found it quite fun.

Thanks for reading.

And also, who wouldn't be excited to hear Bury The Light? Vergil's theme.

38