CH-2
978 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"W-Who?!" The lady asked warily.

"I go by the title The Heavenly Demon but you can call me Zen, it would be rude if you don't introduce who you are now," I gestured her to go on.

"I-I-I..I'm Felicia," Hmm.. how weird of a name for a woman of this beauty, her parents must have been cruel to name their daughter Felicia.

"Felicia, I think you should call the guards to pick up this worm," I pointed to the scum laying face first on the floor.

"Guard?.. you mean cops?" She asked as she stepped forward.

"Cops? Is that what you call them here.. hmm my memory of the old world has become vague." I muttered under my breath, "Yes.. Cops,"

"I.. I don't think that is a good idea," She softly said, I tilted my head in confusion, wasn't there a law in the old world for punishing men's crime for taking advantage of women and the opposite?.

"Why so?"

"His father is the commissioner of police, he will just… I thought he was a friend," She suddenly dropped down and started to sob. I looked at her indifferently, I didn't need to console her, she had to understand how the world works, all the worlds have their dark corners, there is nothing called pure goodness.

"Hmm.. you can never trust anybody else other than yourself, there is always a rear purpose," I sighed as I sat on the bed, she sobbed for a few more minutes, when there were no more tears flowing from her eyes, I stood up and gave a look at the room.

"What have you decided to do with him?" I asked.

She gave him a glance, stood up and turned towards me, her eyes intrigued me, they were rageful, full of anger, a sense of betrayal in them, it made me remember about the mad blood demon. I wonder how she reacted when she came to know I reached the Imperial realm.

"Would you help me with something?" I raised my brows, her voice felt demanding rather than pleading.

"What?"

"Please drag him outside," She pointed towards the lawn, I sighed as I picked his leg and dragged him outside the room but I stopped when I felt she was not following me.

"You are not coming?"

"I will be right behind" She said wiping her tears, I shrugged as I walked down stairs, when I reached the lawn I dropped him, she came running behind.

"What are you going to do with him?" I was interested in what she had in mind.

"I called a taxi, they would drop him back at his home," I frowned upon hearing it, she is either a fool or… No she is a fool, mercy is a word only for the strong and obviously, she is not strong, I kinda understand why her parents named her Felicia.

"You are letting this go?" My eyes twitched just as I said it.

If this had happened to any woman in Murim, they would have chopped this worm into pieces, burned him down to ashes and used those ashes as fertilisers for their rose gardens and sold the extra they have in the marketplace but her… Meh.

"His father is the commissioner, we can't do much about this," I could sense it, it was not that she can't, it was that she wouldn't, she wants revenge but she is too fearful of the consequences of it.

"You are interesting," I muttered.

"What?" She asked.

"You want revenge, yet you are afraid of the consequences, you strive for power but afraid of the pain on process," 

She closed her eyes, let out a sigh and turned back to me, her eyes roamed on my Murmim clothes for a second before she met my eyes. She stared at them as she slowly came closer but shook her head, releasing from the trance.

"Are you a superhero? Like Spider-Man?" 

"Spider-Man?" I tilted my head, I remember seeing that name in the Golden Library.

A red and blue masked person carrying a man with ropes, I nodded remembering the cover page of that comic, he looked quite hilarious.

"Yeah, are you?" 

"I don't know any Spider-Man," I replied, I do know him but only as a comic puppet, I have not met him for real and reality can be worse than I expect.

"You don't know Spider-Man?" I shook my head, "Iron-Man? Tony Stark?"

Another name I remember seeing, Iron-Man, a man in metal armour with blue light on his chest, his armour would be a good scarecrow on Murim.

I shook my head once again and she narrowed her eyes, "Don't lie so obviously,"

"I don't have any reason to lie," 

"Then what? You live under a rock?" Hmm.. I did live under a rock at Murim for quite some time to avoid the Orthodox bastards, can that be considered as something.

"I don't have a place to live currently," I replied with a smile and silence dawned between us. She looked down and didn't say anything while I waited for whatever she had called. 

While waiting I wanted to try giving my skills a go, so I used one on her.

'Pure Azure-' Then I clicked my tongue as the new name came to mind, 'All Seeing Eyes'

[

Name : Felicia Sara Hardy

Level : 2

Title : None

HP : 750/750

Chi : 0/0

STR : 12

INT : 13

AGI : 15

WIS : 9

LUK : 25

STA : 12

]

[Felicia Hardy has an Unawakened Odds of Fate talent.

Potential of Talent : Celestial Master

Bloodline : Locked ]

[2 Unique Unawakened Skills]

My eyes silently widened in surprise, having a unique skill is not unheard of in Murim but 2 unique skills are totally different, only a thousand warriors in Murim had more than 1, not to mention her bloodline and odds of Fate.

In Murim there are a bunch of people that called themselves as Seers, they are self proclaimed children of Fate, they have toppled empires with their prophecy.

I burned them all during the ascension, all of them I killed only had the ability to see fate but never control the odds of it.

I turned towards Felicia, a smile crept its way to my mouth, she just got a whole lot interesting.

If I was doubtful back then, now I'm sure of it, I'm not in my old world.

We both turned to the sound of a horn, a yellow car came rolling towards us as she waved at it and it stopped before us, she opened a door, I throwed the brat inside.

"Woah! Woah! Why are you throwing him in?!" The chauffeur stepped down from his car.

"He is drunk, I will pay you 200 dollars, drop him at commissioner Archer's house, he is his son," Felicia said flashing a green paper, which I now remember how a dollar looked like, the driver was conflicted at her proposal.

"300 or nothing," He bargained.

"I only have 250," Felicia took out a couple more notes.

The driver snatched it from her hands, he looked at the vermin at the back seats, "He ain't dead right?"

Felicia turned towards me awkwardly, I shook my head, "He is not,"

The driver nodded, sat back on his seat and sped away, Felicia bit her lips as the taxi left her sight, leaving a sigh she turned towards me.

"I.. Thank you for helping me," She said looking up in my eye, I nodded, she turned back, gave me a glance and walked to her house.

I silently followed behind her, she stopped and turned back to see me, then started to walk back, she opened the door and entered inside but once again turned back.

"Why are you following me?"

"As I said earlier I don't have a place to reside, as your saviour it would be grateful if you let me stay in your abode," I smiled, she raised her brows.

"Sorry.. I can't," She said biting her lips and looking away from my eyes.

"Why so? Is there no room for me to stay?" 

"Not that-,"

"Do you need permission from your predecessor?"

"Predecessor? Nothing-,"

"Then I don't see a problem," I pushed her aside as I entered. She was gaping like a cat at my action. I looked around the house, it had a couch and a black screen near the window, a passage to food storage and stairs to the story above.

"Sir! You can't barge inside the house, please go out!!" I turned towards Felicia as she yelled.

"My name is Zen, please call me by that, I hope you don't mind if I take the room I broke the wall of," I said and climbed the stairs.

"I mind!! I very much mind!!" She cried following behind.

I opened the door to the first room, the room I was portaled to, it now had a large hole in the wall, enough for a person to walk by.

"Oh my mom is so gonna kill me when she finds out," Felicia muttered looking at the hole.

"And do mention I saved you from an worm when she arrives," I chuckled as I whispered, "Don't worry beauty, I will have handle this,"

I reached my arm to where once the wall was and spread my Chi to collect all the parts that were missing, the wooden blocks slowly attached with one another and sealed the wall, there were still cracks running on them but those can be concreted.

"Wha-What? H-How? How did you do that?!" She looked at me like she was seeing a dragon for the first time.

'Things like this must be heaven bending for them' I scoffed mentaly.

"So I will be staying here and will repay your gratitude later, don't disturb me for the night," I pushed her out and locked the door.

"Hey open up!!-" She yelled knocking on the door continuously.

I took off my torso and sat at the bed, once again trying to strengthen the Daitan, taking a lotus position I started to take in all the Chi surrounding me.

It must have been around 30 minutes since I started. The door clicked open, I didn't mind her presence and continued, she didn't speak, she must have been mesmerized by the blue glow of Chi particles surrounding the air.

"What the…," She muttered.

I didn't say anything, my eyes still closed, she waved her hands in front of them but I didn't respond, tapped on my shoulders, still nothing, after some time she left the room.

[Chi : 650/782]

[Qi : 112/127]

[Chi : 674/800]

[Qi : 127/145]

[Chi : 800/800]

[Qi : 150/150]

I opened my eyes slowly, every stat has a certain growth rate, I took a lot of time for me to break down the raw particles of Chi energy and strengthen my Daitan, in total of eight hours I reached level limit, I can push past this but it will only destroy the balance of body, so I should let the level take it course.

I noticed that the room was brighter, light rays had been falling from the other direction through the window, I stood up, picked my torso from the floor and exited the room.

I felt the presence of Felicia down the floor, I climbed down stairs, she just came out of the kitchen with a piece of bread in her mouth, she flinched, noticing me as I politely smiled back.

She was wearing a black pants that fit her long legs sharply, a white undershirt and a black jacket, her hair was tied flowing in a ponytail just like mine. It made her more enticing than before.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously, taking a note of the bag hanging behind her.

"The question should be, why the hell are you still here?!" She yelled taking the piece of bread out of her mouth.

"Is this the way to talk to your saviour, rude," 

"Hey, I'm thankful, ok, I'm really grateful you saved me from that bastard yesterday, I am," She snapped, "But I can't let you stay here,"

"Why?" I shrugged.

"Because you are a stranger, I don't even know who you are,"

"How many times do I have to say this for your thick skull to understand, my name is Zen, I'm the heavenly demon," She still looked unconvinced, "Felicia, you saw what I did to that vermin right?"

"Uh-huh," She nodded while taking a step back with fear in her eyes.

"You really think I would take advantage of you when I handled that mut like a fly?" 

"Arghh.. Zen? Was it, look if you want me let you stay here, tell me your social security number,"

"What is a social number?" I tilted my head.

"What?" She sighed and shook her head, "I don't have time for this,"

"Where are you going again?"

"Empire State university, I got classes," She munched the bread, "Where are you from?"

"I'm from the Imperial heaven realm of Murim world,"

"Where is it? Next to the corner of nowhere?" She asked sarcastically.

"No, it's above the fourth martial heavens," But I answered seriously.

"Hmm.. I will be back on noon, do not break anything,"

"I will be waiting for you," I nodded. She blushed slightly at my words, for reasons I don't know.

"Don't say things like that out of nowhere," She shouted, rushed out and slammed the door as I smiled.

–------------

[Status

Name : Zen

Level : 3

Exp : 90/700

Title : The Heavenly Demon, The Devil of Murim

HP : 1000/1000

Chi : 800/800

Qi : 150/150

STR : 30

INT : 30

AGI : 30

WIS : 30

LUK : 30

STA : 30 ]

[Skills:

 •G.J.L.O.A.K(S)

 •All Seeing Eyes(A)

 •Spirit Eyes(A)

 •Blood Qi(B)

 •Chi Sense(D) ]

27