CH-6
654 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brooklyn, this place almost resembles 

Murim before the Rebellion.

One side too bright, filled with people brimming in money and luxury while the other in darkness, like a crab on a well, trying to climb up, only to be pulled back by others. 

It is no one's fault, the rich didn't make the poor or the poor the rich, it's how things work, humans are only equal in death… maybe not even in death, while a merchant will be buried with a stone coffin, a street rat would be rotting in a nameless alley. 

Brooklyn's people did entertain me for a bit, all those homeless sleeping in the streets were laying cold, I took away their suffering by giving them eternal rest. 

Then there was this group of energetic youngsters that tried to rob me, I warned them but they didn't mind, either they overestimated their strength or underestimated mine. 

"P-P-lease.. I'm-Sorry-grhh."

I broke his neck like a twig. Annoyed by his baseless pleas, I slowly put his corpse on the ground and took my grip away from his neck. 

A smile formed on my face as a system message popped up. 

[Achievement: Mass Murderer

 Reward: Random Pill ×2, Beginner Weapon]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

"Claim reward," I muttered walking away from the lightless street filled with the dead. 

I smiled once again, reminiscing about the first time I got this, it took my everything to survive the ambush of those Alliance bastards, which was not even for me, those crazy idiots tried to kill me just because I was sharing a carriage with a fallen master but in the end that was the first time I got a part of my nickname, Demon. 

Mass murderer is a achievement that I get when I reach the kill count of 25 on a single day, back in Murim I got this with my life on line but here, I just trample over them all in beginner levels. 

I don't want things to be this easy, I want a challenge or else my conquest and establishment of the sect won't be fun, everybody here is so weak… maybe not everybody, the yellow mask, even if a spineless coward, he was tough by my current level and I'm sure he is not the only one out there, I was expecting a challenge tonight. 

[Lowest Jhaxi Healing Pill(D) ×1]

Hmm.. That's not bad, I don't need this pill because I could heal myself with Qi but it may come handy if a situation arises where others need it.

[Lower Shazi Strengthening Pill(D) ×1]

This will be a nice gift for Felicia once she starts training on the art manual, her current body is extremely weak to practice the art I have in mind but maybe this will shorten that barrier. 

[Item : Iron Dagger

 Dagger made by Iron. 

 Qi and Chi can be layered over. 

 Star : 0 ]

I dropped the healing pill and strength pill inside the pouch along with the facial pills and kept the dagger on my back. 

I turned around, I was planning to return but right as I took a step forward, I stopped at the screaming of a man. 

Normally I wouldn't have bothered by it but my instinct was screaming that a challenge was awaiting me at the origin of the scream. 

I sighed internally and used Chi Sense, because of the level ups I now have a greater Chi, Qi capacity, which means I could utilise the skill better than before. 

A crazy grin etched in my face, I detected 4 individuals from Chi Sense and all of them were strong and 1 of them had a Innate-Ice Qi affinity, a very rare affinity, it made me think once again about this universe but I didn't cloud myself, cause some very interesting preys are waiting for me. 

I laughed in excitement as I moved forward. 

—------------

"Haa~," Bobby let out a puff of smoke from his cigarette, his eyes were plain, tired from the long months of work. Dropping the bud, he smashed it with his feet and turned around. 

He walked towards a metal door, which was the entrance to a small warehouse, while his hand reached for the handle, his ears could faintly hear the screams of a man. 

"That frog bastard," He shook his head and fastened his steps, he walked inside the warehouse filled with large machinery, taking a short turn he reached the center, where a bloody scene was waiting for him. 

A short knife was stabbed on the shoulder of the man they had tracked for the past 6 months. 

As if the stab was not enough, multiple of the target's fingers were missing and blood dripped from all the small cuts on his torso and face. 

Bobby's eyes widened as anger resorted in, he pushed away the short man standing before the target and knelt before him. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you Toad?!!," He yelled at the short guy while closing the small cuts with ice, his target whimpered in pain but Bobby didn't mind him. 

"Don't be such a baby, 'He' wants us to find it before those government ass suckers and this bitch won't say a word," Toad yelled and he was clearly enraged. 

"Get used to this Bobby," A female voice came from above with a flutter of wings followed behind, Bobby scoffed as Tempest landed beside him. 

"We need him alive," Bobby stressed. 

Tempest rolled her eyes towards their target, Forge, she went near him and pressed her nails on the stab wound, Forge screamed in pain and she smiled at that. "As you can see he is very much alive,"

"Woman up Snowman," She turned around and closed on Bobby, she laid her eyes on him and pressed her lips against his. 

Bobby didn't react and just stood still knowing about Tempest's attempts to seduce him, slowly she started to sensually lick his lips before parting away. 

"This is quite romantic,"

Suddenly all eyes on the place darted towards the new voice, Toad knelt down ready to jump at anybody on sight, Tempest had her wings extended and was floating up with a green ball of acid forming on her mouth while Bobby had multiple ice arrows formed above and below him. 

All their eyes landed on a single man with a long ponytail hair and a red jacket, his face was in the dark but a pair of reddish yellow eyes reflected the light. 

Bobby didn't know who it was but his internal senses were screaming of danger while in the presence of this unknown man. 

"Shall we feast,"

—---------

"This is quite romantic," 

I smiled at the sight before, a man was screaming in pain with blood all over him while these two lovers shared a kiss, with a third guy not taking his eyes off them, clearly the short guy has feelings for the woman but his manhood must be short like him or else why would she choose another. 

All their eyes fell on me at the end of my voice and in a snap of a moment they were taking positions, ready to fight or to be exact, kill me. 

I was surprised to see them, not for their quick reactions but the anomalies on their bodies, a pair of wings on the woman's back and the puffy frog chin of the short man. 

'Beast Kin,' 

That was my first thought, Murim had people like them, they were called Beast Kins, unlike their name suggests they did not originate from wild beasts but their cultivation techniques did. 

The woman was displaying a kin of poison fly, a poisonous insect capable of killing any normal civilian and the short man, kin of the great toad, like its name, a frog, nothing out of ordinary. 

A mad glee formed on my face, for the cute insect and the man sized frog what can they do but quiver under gaze of The Heavenly Demon. 

"Shall we feast,"

27