CH-11
522 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a quiet room on a multistory building, the sounds of key taps were heard continuously, a blonde haired woman was typing her assignment with total concentration, suddenly a knock on her window broke her focus but she was not angry. Instead she smiled as if she was expecting it.

"Come in Pete," She turned around with a chuckle but her eyes widened once she saw her boyfriend's face. "Oh my god, Pete!" 

She rushed towards the window and opened it, letting the Spider themed hero jump in, there were bruises on his face and a small cut on his eyebrow, it was healing quickly but it still bled.

"What happened?!" She yelled, holding his face in her hands and taking a closer look at his wounds.

"Ahh.. nothing," Pete shrugged falling in her bed.

"Nothing? Peter! you are bleeding," Gwen yelled again as she went for the first aid kit she hid in her room for cases like this.

"I will be fine G, just need to close my eyes for a bit," Pete replied, he closed his eyes and turned around to a comfortable position but his eyes darted open when he felt a sting on his eyebrows. "Ouch!"

"Don't be such a baby," Gwen smiled as she sanitised his wounds with cotton.

Pete slowly rose up and took off his suit above waist and his socks leaving him with only his pants.

Gwen moved closer and sat on the bed as Pete kept his head on her leg, she bent down and her hair fell forward with Pete's face and her inches away.

"Did somebody new pop up?" Gwen smiled, caressing her boyfriend's hair in rhythmic beats.

"I don't know," Pete muffled, "I heard Rhino was robbing a bank.. so I went there and I saw him rushing towards a guy, I jumped in to save him and gave Rhino a kick right in the face but after that.. everything is a blank," 

"What do you mean blank?" Gwen asked curiously.

"Just.. just blank, last thing I remember was kicking Rhino and everything went black, then I woke up with a cop trying to remove my mask, when I looked around I saw Rhino dead," 

Gwen furrowed her brows as the last sentence took her by surprise, "Dead? Like Dead Dead?"

"Like six feet under the ground dead, yeah," Pete chuckled.

"Woah, it's the second time something like this has happened in a week?" Gwen concluded.

"Yep, first Shocker gets crippled, then Rhino dies, what next Doc Ock committing suicide?" Pete chuckled at his own joke but Gwen didn't share his sense of humour.

"Pete, this is no funny thing,"

"I know Gwen, it's just.. when I saw Rhino laying dead I felt grief, responsibility but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a teensy bit happy that no one is gonna die because of Rhino anymore, I know it's not right and that's not gonna stop me from finding whoever the culprit is,"

"Do you think he is targeting bad guys?"

"No idea," Pete shook his head, "He is just one more headache on the pile, also I have to find this guy called Brooklyn's killer, he is a serial killer appeared yesterday and killed apparently 50 plus people,"

"Woah, god I wish he would get caught," Gwen prayed looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah me too," Peter nodded along.

"Hey, I love you," Gwen said moving closer. "And I want you to be safe,"

"I love you too," Peter replied and leaned in, their lips were inches away and slowly they moved closer and just as they were about to touch, a knock on the door made them turn.

"Gwen, do you want coco milk?" Gwen turned to Pete and he gave her a nod.

"Yeah Mom, thanks," Gwen yelled and as soon as she heard the footsteps leave, she turned back and teased Pete, "You love coco milk, such a baby,"

"What can I do? I'm just addicted because your mother's milk is New York's best," Peter chuckled.

But suddenly a silence enveloped the room, Gwen squinted her at Pete just as Peter narrowed his eyes at Gwen.

"Sorry, wrong choice of words," Peter said, realising his mistake.

"You are such an idiot," Gwen said before throwing herself into his arms and pressing her lips against his.

—-------

The door to Felicia's yawn slammed open and I walked out.

I turned to look at Felicia and there she was sitting in the same position as I left her, she must have sweat a bucket and all that made her clothes more revealing, I shook my head and headed to her.

She was about to finish absorbing the pills any second now, I didn't have to use a skill to feel the energy radiance from her body, it was different from before which means she has entered her first cycle of molting and molting in the sense of Daitan.

Her Daitan was about to fully absorb both the pills, the pills were a great combination to each other, it was like they were almost made to contradict each other's weakness.

The Shazi pill will give her Strengthened muscles while the Metal leaf pill will make her bones like that of a cat, strong, flexible and weightless but hard.

I was really interested to see what The Odds of Fate were and soon I will.

Her breathing slowly became irregular, she was in pain as things came into the final piece, just a single line and she would form it.

I shook my head and went behind her. I wouldn't normally do this. Assisting someone in my training is nothing less than destroying their foundation but Felicia doesn't have any basic foundation yet, so this might not be a problem.

I channelled Chi into my palms and stretched them towards her back. There were a few inches between us. I made sure to not have any contact between our body as that would corrupt her Qi's pure form.

I forced my Chi and broke through her body, slowly enveloping her Daitan with my Chi. That process was more tiring for her but I didn't pay a heed, I with a single turn pulled every bit of the remaining pill energy into her.

"Ar-Arghh!!" Felicia's eye fluttered open, holding her chest she yelled, she let go of her breath, as she was about to fall I stood up and held her body.

—-----

Felicia's eyes opened, she slowly turned her head and found herself laid in the couch, she couldn't move a single muscle as every inch in her body ached like hell.

Her eyes fell soon on me, I was sitting in the chair opposite to the couch with my eyes locked on hers.

"Hi," She smiled sheepishly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked coldly. I was disappointmented with her and I was gonna make sure she never disappoint me again.

"I would sleep for days if I fall back now," She chuckled.

"Great then start running," 

"Ru-Running? What do you mean by running?"

"If you don't get up from the bed and start moving right now, I'm killing Mr.Freckles," I said pointing at the cat below the couch.

"What?!"

"Meow?"

24