Sports Festival 1
713 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Morning." said Aizawa-sensei as he walked into the classroom.

"Morning, sensei." said the whole class.

"Sensei, how are you feeling?" asked Ida.

"Fine, but that's not important right now. Because your fight is far from over."

"Eh?"

"More villains?"

"U.A.'s Sports Festival is fast approaching!"

"So ordinary!"

"We just had a villain attack. Are you sure about this?!" asked Denki.

"It's because we had a villain attack that it's necessary. To demonstrate that U.A.'s crisis management protocols are sound. Don't worry, compared to past years, there'll be five times the police presence. Anyhow, our sports festival is the greatest opportunity you'll get. It's not an event that can be canceled over a few villains.

Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events! The Olympics were once the world's sports festival. The whole country would be whipped into a frenzy over them. But as you know, that tradition has shrunk in scale to a shell of its former self. And as far as Japan's concerned, what's taken the place of the Olympics is the U.A. Sports Festival!" explained Aizawa-sensei.

"The nation's top heroes will all be watching as scouts." mentioned Momo.

"They'll be looking to hire us as sidekicks after we graduate. That's how it's done." said Denki.

"And a lot of those sidekicks never manage to go solo. They're sidekicks forever. That'll be you Denki." said Tobias.

"Tch."

"If you're picked up by a big-name hero, you'll naturally gain valuable experience and popularity. But your time is limited. Show the pros what you're made of here, and you'll make futures for yourselves. This happens once a year so you've got three chances. If you're hoping to become a hero, this is an event you can't miss!" he said, making everyone excited.

"Alright, time for class. Later." he said, instantly deflating everyone's excitement.

~~

After a long day of boring classes, Tobias was ready to leave.

"Whoa, what's going on?" said Uraraka as she opened the door to leave only for the hall to be crowded with a bunch of students.

"What're they here for?" asked Denki.

"To scope out the competition. We're the class who survived a villain attack, so it makes sense they'd want a look at us before the festival." said Tobias.

"Who cares? Move aside, cannon fodder." said Bakugo as he was trying to leave.

"Can we please not resort to calling those we don't even know "cannon fodder"?" said Ida.

"It's true we did come to take a look, but if all kids in the hero course are like you, then I have to say I'm a little disillusioned." said a purple-haired student that made his way towards the front.

"Those of us who didn't make the hero course are stuck in general studies and other tracks. There are quite a few of us. Did you know that? Depending on the results of this sports festival they might consider transferring us to the hero course. I understand the reverse is also possible for you. For a general studies kid like me, this'll be the perfect chance to knock you off your pedestals. Consider this a declaration of war." he said.

"Holy long walk for a short drink of water, Batman." said Tobias, causing the purple-haired kid to look at him.

"Hey. I'm from Class 1-B, next door! Heard you guys fought some villains. Wanted to find out more, but all I'm seeing is this arrogant bastard! You better not make fools of the hero course at this thing!" yelled another student who pushed his way to the front.

"Wait, you jerk. What're you doing to us? Thanks to you we've got a whole mob of haters now!" said Eijiro to Bakugo who had started shoving his way out.

"I don't give a crap. I'm heading for the top. Why should I care?" said Bakugo as he looked at Tobias before walking out.

"So manly." said Eijiro.

"Hmm, interesting. He's so calm." said Tobias.

"I noticed that too. You think something happened that gave him a reality check?" said Kyoka.

"Probably. God, I love this school." said Tobias as he put on a big smile.

"Two weeks for training, huh?" said Momo.

"You planning out your training routine?" asked Mina.

"Yes. What about you girls? And Tobias?"

"I already have a training plan that Tobias helped me with, so I'll probably just do that but more intense." said Kyoka.

"Eh? Tobias, how about you help us too?" said Mina, putting on a big smile.

"Sure. I can tell you my preliminary plan for you four right now if you want?"

"Eh? You've thought of one before? How? We haven't told you anything about our quirks." asked Toru.

"A rudimentary one from observing the whole class since the first day we met. We're all classmates and future heroes, so why wouldn't I want to help my friends out?"

"Wow, you're like a really good guy." said Mina.

"Sigh, finally someone realizes it." he said.

"Never mind." they all said.

"Anyways, if you want I can tell you my thoughts right now."

"Please." they all said.

"Okay. Mina, I would recommend you train constantly producing your acid to train your skin's durability towards your quirk's corrosive property as well as coming up with more moves. Momo, I would recommend you eat a lot of food and create stuff quickly to train how fast you both create and consume calories. Toru, I would recommend trying to increase your stealth capabilities by training with someone with good senses. Tsuyu, I would recommend you just train your whole body. And of course, that goes for everyone as well. A well-trained body is necessary for any hero."

"Wow." x4

"Alright, well, bye." he said before leaving with Kyoka.

~~

After two weeks of Tobias waking up early to train followed by school followed by intense training later, the day of the Sports Festival had finally arrived.

"Whoa, seems like we're not the first ones." said Tobias as he and Kyoka entered the Class 1-A prep room to see most of their classmates.

"Didn't think we would be. Everyone's pumped for today so there's no way they're going to be late." said Kyoka.

"Morning, everyone." said Tobias as the pair sat down at a table with the usual suspects.

"Morning you two. You both ready?" asked Mina.

"As ready as I'll ever be." said Tobias as he lounged back on the chair.

"What about you Jiro?" asked Toru.

"I would've liked to train some more, but I'm confident enough."

"They're not letting us use our uniforms because it might create an unfair advantage. But don't you use cards, Tobias? Did they let you bring some?" asked Momo.

"Yup. They know it's an essential part of my quirk so they had to let me."

"Midoriya." said Todoroki as he walked up to him and the whole class focused on them.

"Todoroki, what is it?"

"Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you. More capable. All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he? Now I'm not about to pry into why that is, but I will beat you." he said before turning to look at Tobias, "You too."

"Ah, nothing gets the blood pumping like a good old-fashioned declaration of war." said Tobias with a grin.

"Hey, man, why pick a fight now?! We're about to go on." said Eijiro.

"I really don't care. I'm not pretending to be anyone's friend, here." he replied.

"Todoroki. I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me you'll beat me. You're clearly stronger and I can't measure up to most of the others here in skill. Objectively speaking even."

"No need to be so down on yourself Midoriya." said Tobias.

"But! Everyone even the kids from the other courses are aiming for the top. And I'm well lemme say this. I'm not gonna fall behind. I'm going for it too. With everything I've got!" he said seriously.

"I really love this school." said Tobias with an even bigger smile.

"Stop that, it looks creepy." said Kyoka.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just so excited for today. And for the future. I have a feeling life is about to get so much more chaotic for us."

"Excuse me, you guys are up." said a staff member.

"Alright. Let's go." said Tobias as they all began to walk out the corridor and into the entrance leading to the stadium.

"It's U.A.'s Sports Festival! The one time each year when our fledgling heroes compete in a ruthless grand battle! First up you know who I'm talking about! The miraculous rising stars who brushed off a villain attack with their steely willpower! The first years of the hero course! It's class A!" said Present Mic as they walked out of the tunnel into a packed stadium.

"Phew, there sure are a lot of people here." whistled Tobias as he looked at the spectators.

"And we're expected to put on the best performance we can in front of so many spectators. I suppose this is merely one more necessary skill if we hope to become heroes." said Ida.

"Following Class B, it's Classes C, D, and E of General Studies, and here come the Support Course Classes, F, G, and H! And of course the Business Courses." said Present Mic.

CRACK

"Now for the Athlete's Oath!" said Midnight-sensei.

"That's an interesting costume for a high school." said Tobias rubbing his chin as he admired her costume.

"Shut it." said Kyoka as she buzzed him.

"Pipe down! Your student representative is from Class 1-A Tobias Fukushima!" she said as the whole class turned to look at him.

"Eh, me? Okay." he said as he walked to the front and up the podium where Midnight was.

"Ehem, The athlete's oath, does anyone know what that is?" he asked.

"What?!"

"You're just supposed to say some encouraging words like let's do our best." explained Midnight.

"Oh, thank you sensei. In that case, the athlete's oath is this, try to keep up." he said with a big smile.

"Don't get cocky, Class A!" yelled the crowd as he walked down waving.

"Why'd you say that?" asked Momo.

"Isn't it obvious? To stir up the competition. Now everyone's going to give it their 200% because they want to beat me. And that makes it so much more exciting." he said with a grin, causing Kyoka to roll her eyes with a small smile.

"Now, without any delay, let's get the first event started. These are the qualifiers! It's in this stage that so many are sent home crying every year! And the fateful first event this year is this!" she said pointing to a screen.

"An obstacle course race. Sounds fun." said Tobias.

"It's a race between every member of all eleven classes! The course is a four-kilometer lap around the stadium itself! Our school preaches freedom in all things, so as long as you don't go off course anything is fair game! Racers, to your positions!" said Midnight as everyone moved to the front of the gate.

DING DING DANG

"Start!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

I'm going to start putting the names with the first name and then the last name as opposed to the opposite just because it's easier for me. Also, daily chapters until the sports festival arc is done, maybe even double a day if I'm writing particularly fast.

30