Sports Festival 3
652 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As you must have heard countless times since enrolling at U.A., this is Plus Ultra! After taking first place in the qualifiers Tobias Fukushima has got ten million points!" said Midnight as everyone stared intently at Tobias, who was smiling.

'Interesting. So this is meant to simulate the dog-eat-dog world of pro heroes.'

"The match will last 15 minutes. Each team's points are determined by its members. The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points! Until the match ends, you'll all compete to grab each other's points and maintain the ones you have. Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But the more headbands you've got the harder they'll be to manage! Most importantly, even if your headband is taken and your horse formation is broken, it's not over 'til it's over!

Also, quirks are allowed so it'll be a brutal battle! However, it's still a cavalry battle! Maliciously attacking another team with the intent of making them fall will get you a red card! And that means you're out of the game! You've got 15 minutes! Time to form your teams!" she said before everyone scattered.

"Tobias, who else should we ask?" asked Kyoka.

"You're teaming up with me? Are you sure? Everyone will be after me."

"I'm fifth, so everyone will be after me too. And besides, if we stay together and no one takes our headbands, we win. We won't even have to take any headbands." she said.

"Good thinking. Okay, but I'll be your rider. Just you and me."

"Okay. You better not let me fall."

"Don't worry, I won't let anyone grab you."

"Heh heh heh. Yes, you're in first place. You sure do stand out! Team up with me, Mr. First Place!" said a girl as she got up right in Tobias' face.

"Oh, you're that girl from the support class. But why do you want to team up with me?" he asked.

"I'm Mei Hatsume. I don't know you but I could be useful to someone in your position."

"And what position would that be?"

"It's only you and that girl over there as a team."

"Go on."

"Joining with you means I'll inevitably be right in the spotlight! And then, inevitably, my super cute babies will be seen by the industry big shots. They'll have to notice me and my babies!"

"Interesting, but I'll have to decline."

"Eh, why?"

"Kyoka and I already have a bond that would make this easier if it's just the two of us. But, if you want to show off your babies, I recommend you team up with second place. He's just as much in the spotlight as I am."

"Oh, good idea. Thanks." she said before walking off to Midoriya.

"Tch, she was getting too close for comfort. I thought I would have to buzz her." said Kyoka.

"Eh, were you getting jealous?" teased Tobias.

"No. Now hurry up and let me climb on your shoulders." she said.

"Yes, my queen." he joked before getting down on one knee as she climbed on him.

"I could get used to that." she said with a smile.

~~

"Time's up. Time to get started." said Midnight-sensei.

"Let's get a battle cry! Here comes the starting signal! Blood begets blood in the U.A. Grand Match!" said Present Mic.

"Formed your teams? Made your plans? Too bad if you haven't! Here we go! The countdown to this brutal battle royal!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Start!"

"Hang on." said Tobias to Kyoka, as everyone made a mad dash towards the pair.

"This is really a fight for the ten million, and everyone knows it!" said Tetsutetsu.

"Hahahaha! We're coming for you Jiro!" said Toru who was in a team made up of Koda, Sato, and Mina.

"Two teams." said Kyoka.

"I see them. We're running." said Tobias as he was about to move when he felt his foot sink into the ground.

"A quirk. What now? They're approaching!" asked Kyoka.

"Hold on." he said before pulling out a card, activating it, and being covered in light.

Once the light died down, where Tobias once was now stood a cat with a car cabin on its back and multiple legs, that now had Kyoka inside of it, looking confused.

"Here we go." said Tobias as he began to fly in the air.

"What?! It seems Tobias has somehow turned himself into a flying cat car creature thing! Is that allowed?!" asked Present Mic.

"It's allowed. He's using his quirk." ruled Midnight.

"Ah, that's not fair!" said Toru.

"Hey, wait! Hagakure! Our band!" said Sato who had noticed Toru was missing the headband.

"Just call me an opportunist." said a Class B student after having snatched Toru's band.

"Well, barely two minutes have passed, but the battlefield's already chaotic! With everyone scrambling for headbands, it's not just the ten million out there! Those other high-rankers are worth a shot as well!" commented Present Mic.

"How long can you stay in the air for?" asked Kyoka.

"Don't know. Never tried this out before."

"What?!"

"What? I thought it would be a good time to try it out. I've had this in my back pocket for a while now."

"How'd you even come up with this idea?"

"You've never seen My Neighbor Totoro?"

"Is that a film from before quirks were around?"

"Yes."

"Then no."

"We should watch it for our next date night. It's a good movie."

"Watch out!"

"Getting pretty full of yourself, huh, you bastard!" said Bakugo who had used his quirk to launch himself up to their flight height.

Tobias seeing this rolled to the right, dodging Bakugo's explosion who fell back down and was caught by Sero's tape before being promptly sat back down.

"Is leaving your unit really allowed?!" asked Present Mic.

"It is here, on a technicality! As long as your feet don't touch the ground!" said Midnight-sensei.

"Both the doggedly pursued first place team and its determined pursuers from Class A are nothing to sneeze at! Let's take a look at the current point spread. How are our teams doing after seven minutes of play?" said Present Mic before the screen changed to show the points.

"Oh?! Now, wait a second! Besides Tobias, Class A's not looking so hot. What happened to Bakugo?!"

"So, it looks like Class B purposefully slowed down during the race to see our quirks before they went all out here." said Tobias loud enough for the whole stage to hear.

"Eh, good observation. When Midnight announced the first event, it didn't take a genius to realize they wouldn't be thinning our numbers that much in a preliminary." said the same Class B student that had snatched Toru's headband after having just snatched Bakugo's headband.

"Looks like Bakugo's about to divert his attention to that guy." commented Kyoka.

"It wasn't much of a stretch to imagine they'd be letting a good number of us advance to the next event. Forty or so seemed reasonable. It was the perfect chance to hang back and observe our soon-to-be rivals' quirks and tendencies. So it's only fair that we ended up placing modestly." he explained.

"The whole class was in on it?" asked Eijiro.

"Well, not everyone, but that wouldn't have been a bad idea. Instead of aiming for some fleeting first place, like a horse going for a dangling carrot. Ah, but you're already a celebrity, aren't you? The victim of that sludge incident! I'll have to ask you some time. How does it feel to get attacked by villains on an annual basis?" he said, causing Bakugo to rage out.

"Plans changed, Kirishima. Before we go for Tobias, I've gotta murder every last one of them."

"Fine. But we can't waste too much time."

BOOM

"Don't worry. I don't plan on losing." said Bakugo before throwing a right hook with his quirk at the Class B student who blocked it with his own explosion.

"Nice quirk you've got!"

"That's my!"

"He has your quirk too, Bakugo!" said Eijiro before Bakugo threw another fist that the student blocked again but this time with Kirishima's quirk.

"No, he's just a copycat."

"Ding ding!" he said with a grin before a giant stream of liquid covered the feet of Bakugo's group.

"Bondo!" said the Class B student.

"Monoma, you have enough points to be top four. You can leave now." said the student named Bondo whose head was shaped like a glue dispenser.

"Damn we can't move! Break it with your quirk Bakugo!" said Kirishima.

"Aw, don't be mad. Whatever thanks for the points. Time for me to take first. Later." said Monoma, getting Bakugo even angrier.

~ Simulatenously ~

"Looks like times up. We need to land." said Tobias to Kyoka.

"Got it. Are you undoing your transformation?"

"Yup. Too big of a target on land. So, get ready for some defense." he said as they landed and he undid his transformation, Kyoka back on his shoulders.

"Looks like the match is half over already! Class B is on the rise, but in the end, who will wear the ten-million-point crown?!"

"Tobias, look." she said pointing at Todoroki's team who was staring them down.

"We're coming for you." he said.

"Bring it on." replied Tobias as he looked around and noticed that there were a lot of teams rushing them.

"Forward, Ida. Yaoyorozu, prepare our defense. The insulator too. Kamniari." instructed Todoroki.

"Yeah, I got it! Just stay alert!" said Denki.

"Denki's going to shock everyone." said Tobias activating a card that created a barrier around the two of them right before Denki shocked everyone around him.

Todoroki taking the chance while they were not moving stuck an icicle on the ground and froze everyone around them. Before going forwards and taking a few headbands. While for Tobias, the barrier was strong enough to block both the shock and the ice.

"What's this now?! Todoroki's taken out a herd of cavalry teams with one fierce attack!"

"You ready to dance?" asked Tobias.

"Yes." answered Todoroki as he created a ring of ice around the two groups.

"Okay, then. Kyoka, you play defensive. Block anything thrown at us that I can't dodge. If you see the opportunity to disorient them take it, I'll follow up on it."

"Got it."

Todoroki then launched a wave of ice at Tobias from their left while Kaminari used his electricity from their right. Tobias seeing this quickly activated a card that popped up in front of them and reflected the attack back onto them.

"Damn. Dodge!" said Todoroki as they moved to the right quickly, dodging the reflected attacks. But not dodging the sound shriek that incapacitated them for a sec while Tobias threw a card that summoned a cage around them.

"Sorry, guys. But, I'm trying to win here." said Tobias.

"Oh, now that they're out of the way. It's our turn." said the Class B group that stole the headband from Bakugo.

"Eh, the monologuing kid. Sorry, you have someone else to deal with." said Tobias as he could see that Bakugo was going for payback.

"Get back here, Bakugo!" said Eijiro as Bakugo flew forward ready to snatch the band from Monoma.

"Tsuburaba! Guard!" said Monoma as one of his riders created an air wall stopping Bakugo's approach.

"Tch." said Bakugo as he reared his fist and smashed through the wall, taking two headbands back from Monoma before being pulled back by Sero's tape.

"Team Bakugo's stolen two, putting them in fourth place! A late shake-up in the rankings!" said Present Mic.

"I ain't done yet! I'm not settling for some half-assed placement. We're taking our points back and then the ten million! Tape, now!" he said making Sero launch tape to the side of Monoma's group who was running away.

"You missed." said Monoma.

"Now!" he said as Sero pulled them towards the tape while Bakugo used his quirk to speed them up so fast, they slid over the ice and were too fast for Monoma to follow, successfully taking all their points.

"Bakugo! Absolutely merciless! What a perfectionist!"

"Next up, Tobias, Deku, and Todoroki!"

~ Simultaneously ~

"Tobias, move!" said Kyoka. Tobias hearing her words didn't even second guess them and moved out of the way just in time to dodge the shadow hand that appeared from Tokoyami's quirk.

"Close one."

"Pay attention." said Kyoka.

"Got it."

"Sorry, Tobias, but I want to be first." said Midoriya as his group rushed Tobias faster than someone like them should be able to move, due to Uraraka's quirk.

"Hold on tight." he told Kyoka who tightened her grip even more before he used a card to turn his legs into ostrich legs and start running.

"Deku, he's too fast even with me using my quirk!" said Uraraka as they chased Tobias.

"I know, but we have to try. Let's wait for an opportunity before we go for it!"

"One minute left!" yelled Present Mic.

"Careful, Todoroki's gotten out." said Kyoka as Tobias turned to see Todoroki making his way to him from one direction while Midoriya slowed down a bit.

~

"Tokoyami, let's get close and try to sneak it while they're focused on Todoroki's group!" said Midoriya seeing that Todoroki's group had escaped and was going straight for Tobias.

"Got it!"

~

"Get ready, Todoroki. Over Torque!" said Ida who suddenly appeared in front of Tobias with Todoroki who was reaching his hand for Kyoka's headband.

Unfortunately for him, it still wasn't enough as Tobias was able to react fast enough and move just enough for Todoroki's fingers to barely touch the fabric on Kyoka's neck. What he didn't expect, however, was the sneak attack from Midoriya's group who had gotten close enough to take it, nor Bakugo risking it all and jumping forward.

SCREECH

Fortunately, Kyoka was playing defense very well and was able to disorient Tokoyami's shadow long enough for Tobias to get away while using her sound blast to blow back Bakugo to his group.

"Time's up!" said Present Mic.

"Let's see who the top four teams are right now! Eh, wait. I've just been told since the top four teams only make up 13 students, we are accepting the top 5 teams! In first place, Team Jiro! In second, Team Todoroki. In third, Team Midoriya. In fourth, Team Bakugo! And in fifth, Team Shinso who only has 3 team members, perfectly making up the 16! These five teams will proceed to the final event! We'll proceed to the afternoon portion after a one-hour lunch break! See you then!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

Don't really know how I feel about this whole chapter. I think it's a little disjointed even after rewriting because there's so much happening around them. Anyway, I hope you get the flow of things. If not, next time there's something like this I'll do a completely new format where I do blocks of different POVs of their fight.

Also, I made it so Bakugo only had 3 members, and Shinso also had only 3.

29