I-Island Expo
740 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Aizawa-sensei handed the papers out to the class, he left and Toru suggested the whole class go shopping together, and most of the class said yes. Tobias was originally going to say no and take the day off to rest but was convinced otherwise by Kyoka. After making plans to meet up the next day, the class went home.

"So, what'd you think of the final exam?" asked Tobias.

"It was interesting. Fighting against someone whose sound quirk overpowers mine and Koda-kun's in sheer volume was not easy. Figuring out a way to beat a villain other than just your quirk was obviously what they were trying to teach us." she said.

"Right on the money as always. So, how'd you beat Present Mic?"

"I helped Koda-kun get over his fear of bugs and he used his quirk to tell them to swarm Present Mic causing him to pass out." she said with a smile, remembering the scene.

"Haha, nice. By the way, how's Noibat been?"

"Good. She's just a little mischievous but I'm used to it." she said looking at him.

"Good one. Have you started training her moves?"

"Been a little busy with studying for the final exam, but we've gotten the hang of Tackle, Gust, Supersonic, and Screech. She can't do it perfectly just yet, but it's good progress so far. What about Dratini?"

"About the same, progress-wise. But I had to create a deep pool in our backyard because he likes to be underwater. Thankfully my mom didn't mind too much because she likes swimming and my Dratini."

"What about your parents' pokemon?"

"Ralts is as cute as ever. She doesn't really like training too much, and my mom hates forcing her so it's been slower with her. Still, though, she's gotten the hang of a few moves like Confusion, Hypnosis, and Teleport because of Abra. And Abra well he sleeps almost all day and doesn't train much, but he should evolve soon if I'm not mistaken. Then he'll be able to train properly."

"Wait, you said you made a pool right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"No reason. Just thinking that maybe I should go over some time. To have fun in the pool." she said, side-eyeing Tobias.

"I'd very much like to see that." responded Tobias as he pictured her in a bathing suit.

"Then I'll buy a bathing suit tomorrow."

"Ah, the springtime of youth."

~

"This place is huge." said Tobias.

"This place has more shops than anywhere else in the prefecture. It's got the coolest and trendiest stuff! The Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall!" said Mina.

"Oh! Aren't they those U.A. First-Years?! Good going at the Sports Festival!" yelled some strangers at the class.

"Whoa. People still remember that?" said Uraraka.

"I'm guessing we'll all need different things, so why don't we split up and meet up for lunch later?" suggested Tobias.

"Good idea." said the class before they talked about what they would need and split up to look for their things. Tobias went with Kyoka and Momo, but he was pretty much a third wheel while the two girls were shopping.

While they were shopping, they heard police sirens and got a text from Uraraka that the villain from USJ had almost killed Midoriya. Quickly rushing back to meet up with everyone, they saw that Midoriya was taken by the police to be questioned and the shopping trip had to be cut short. Tobias was tempted to help with his quirk but was stopped by Kyoka because he would get into trouble.

Arriving home, his mom badgered him about the incident and calmed her down once she realized he wasn't the target nor was he anywhere near the incident. And seeing his mom like that, Tobias was glad he had given them pokemon to protect them and was going to do the same with Kyoka's.

~

"So, given what happened, we're on the lookout for these villains. And we've had to cancel our usual accommodations at the last minute. We won't reveal our destination until the day we depart." said Aizawa-sensei as he ripped up the schedule.

"But I already told my parents." said Sero.

"That's the point. The school can't control who learns what and how." said Momo.

"Exactly. Now, this is the last school day so no work and a week from now will be your Summer Camp. Relax and talk or whatever. Oh, and Tobias, come with me." said Aizawa-sensei as he left the classroom with Tobias following him outside.

"What's the matter sensei?"

"Have you heard of I-Island?"

"That's the mobile island where scientists go to research quirks and make support items right?"

"That's the one. Anyway, they're having an expo soon and it's going to be open to the public. Because you won first place at the Sports Festival, they've sent two tickets over so you can see the expo beforehand. One for you and one for a guest of your choice. Do with it what you will." he said before handing Tobias two tickets and leaving.

"Cool."

~~

"Whoa." said Tobia as he looked outside the plane window. On the sea was a giant man-made island that housed some of the brightest minds in the world.

"It's fascinating to think that mankind has made that." said Kyoka as he looked out the window.

Tobias had given the ticket to Kyoka, who was originally going to go with Momo after winning in paper-scissors-rock, but since she was going with Tobias, it allowed Mina to go as well. The whole class was going anyhow, but only a few of the class were able to go to the expo before it opened to the public as well as the party.

"I wonder how long this would've taken in the pre-quirk era?" wondered Tobias out loud.

"Much longer, I think."

"I don't know. The appearance of quirk cause the world to stop for a while as it adjusted to the changes brought about. War, villains, misuse of quirks, discrimination, all this exploded with quirks but before them, the only way forward was science and technology. It's been a long time since then, but I think the world might be even more advanced than it is now. Not as fun though, probably." wondered Tobias, as he thought about his past life.

"We are about to land, please remain in your seats." 

~

"It's even crazier looking on the inside." said Kyoka as the pair exited the security checkpoint and took in the glory of the island.

"This isn't even the best part. The pavilion has all the coolest inventions." said Momo who had been on the same plane as the pair, along with all their classmates, most of whom had to wait for the next day.

"Let's go there then. Might get some inspiration." said Tobias, thinking if he would be sued for copying the inventions and using them.

"Wait, what is that?" asked Mina as she pointed at a man performing.

"Oh, unlike in Japan, you're free to use your quirk in I-Island. People even use them to perform here." explained Momo.

"I wish Japan was like that. But I guess they don't really have to worry about population or security here since everyone is checked before they can even enter." said Tobias.

"I heard this place's security system can rival Tartarus, the super-super max prison." said Uraraka.

"No wonder people are free to use their quirk here."

"Alright, let's go see those inventions, shall we?" said Tobias rubbing his hands like a thief.

As they made their way to the pavilion, the group was also taking a look around and the island looked almost like it was straight out of a movie. With kids running around freely using their quirks, the bubbles and the music creating a peaceful harmony. It was nice.

Entering the pavilion, the group noticed there was someone familiar to them already there.

"Deku?" said Uraraka as she saw him talking with a blonde, spectacled girl.

"Oof." said Tobias, causing Kyoka to elbow him to shut up.

"You look like you're having fun, Deku-kun." said Uraraka with a blank smile on her face.

"U-Uraraka?!" said Midoriya turning around surprised at seeing her.

"You look like you're having fun." she repeated.

'Caught right in the act, I pray for you.' thought Tobias.

"Ehem, you look like you're having fun." said Momo.

"Eh, Yaoyorozu-san, Ashido-san, Jiro-san, Tobias-kun?"

"Yo."

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"I got first place in the Sports Festival so they invited me and I brought Kyoka with me."

"My family owns some stock in I-Island so they gave my family three tickets, I was the only one able to come so the girls played paper-scissors-rock for the two tickets, and Uraraka and Mina won. But the rest of the class will be at the expo tomorrow." explained Momo.

"Are they your friends?" asked the blonde girl.

"Oh, they're my classmates from school. Melissa-san was showing me around the expo." he said while Tobias put a thumbs up discreetly.

"That's right my dad and uncl-" she said before Midoriya pulled her away and whispered something to her.

"Do you want to go have tea at a cafe?" she asked before they left the pavilion and went to a cafe where they sat down outside and ordered some drinks and talked, the girls at one table and the boys at another. 

"Thanks for waiting." said Denki as he put down a drink in front of Tobias.

"Oh, Denki, Eijiro. Why are you wearing that?" asked Tobias.

"They had part-time jobs for the event, so we applied." explained Eijiro.

"Why are you standing around talking?! If you're going to take the money, then work harder!" yelled Ida as he suddenly appeared.

"Eh, you're here too, Ida?" asked Uraraka.

"Mm. My family received invitations but I was the only one able to make it." he explained.

BOOM

"What was that?" asked Midoriya as the group of students went to go check out the noise before arriving at an arena with a big mountain where people were watching participants try to clear the mountain of villains as fast as possible.

"Oh, looks fun. I want to try." said Tobias as he jumped down and made his way to the starting circle.

"It seems like we have a challenger coming in at the spur of the moment. Let's see how he does! Villain Attack! Ready, go!" said the announcer.

Tobias took out a card before he threw it in the air. Once it reached a sufficient height, it burst into a giant lily whose petals then shot out and destroyed all the robots, slicing them in half.

"Amazing! 10 seconds, he's gotten first place!" she said before those who were watching cheered while Tobias made his way back to the stands.

"That was very pretty." said Melissa.

"Thanks. Why don't you give it a go, Midoriya?" said Tobias winking at him.

"Eh? N-no. I'm fine."

"Yeah, give it a go, Deku-kun!" said Uraraka.

"Okay!" he said before giving it a go and finishing it in 16 seconds, getting second place.

"Good job!" said Uraraka and Ida after Midoriya made his way back up.

"Thanks, I didn't think I would be able to beat Tobias-kun's record but for it to be so far apart."

"Eh, is that Todoroki?" said Momo as they all turned to see Todoroki freezing the mountain.

"Oh my, 14 seconds, he's jumped to second place!" said the announcer.

"He's in your class too?" asked Melissa.

"Yep." said Momo.

"Wow, amazing. As expected of future heroes."

After that Melissa took them all around the expo, and as the expo closed the group went back to see Denki and Eijiro, where they gave them tickets to the party, courtesy of Melissa. After the two cried for a bit, Ida said many pro heroes would be at the party and they should dress formally, much to Tobias and Kyoka's distress, since they both hate formal dress wear.

~

"Wow, you look beautiful." said Tobias as he saw Kyoka enter the meeting place while hiding behind Momo. Tobias was wearing a black suit that he created with his cards so it would fit perfectly while Kyoka was wearing a pink high-waisted skirt with a purple blouse and a black jacket with purple leggings and pink shoes.

"Thanks. You look handsome. And sorry for taking so long, I hate these clothes." she said stepping out from behind Momo.

"It's fine, now we're just waiting for Midoriya."

A few minutes later and Midoriya came running in dressed in a striped suit and when Uraraka complimented him, steam almost came out of his ears.

"You guys are still here?" said Melissa as she entered the room, causing Denki to drool.

"Attention! This is the I-Island Security System. I-Island has received a report of an explosive on the island. I-Island will now be in high alert mode."

"Eh? A bomb? But why is the island on high alert mode? " said Melissa as the whole place went into lockdown.

"What do you mean? Is it not supposed to?" asked Tobias.

"No. It'll go into medium alert mode, and evacuate the area. It wouldn't shut down the whole island." she explained.

"Somethings up then."

"We need to go to the party. All Might is there!" said Midoriya.

"The elevators don't work." said Mina as she pressed the buttons.

"Is there another way there?" Tobias asked Melissa.

"The emergency stairs will get us close to the party." she said before the group made their way up to the stairs and into the floor where it was overlooking the party hall.

"That's not good." said Tobias as they saw that the heroes including All Might were tied up and being held hostage by a group of men with guns.

"Oh no, where's my dad?" said Melissa, panicking.

"Calm down. We'll find him. We just have to signal All Might somehow." said Midoriya.

"Use your phone's flashlight and get his attention, once you get his attention tell him to talk quietly. Kyoka, plug into the ground so you can hear what he says." said Tobias before Midoriya pulled his phone out and did what Tobias suggested.

"This is bad, you guys." said Kyoka after hearing what All Might said and repeating it to us after we retreated from the room and into the stairwell.

"I suggest we follow All Might's instructions and escape from this place." said Ida.

"I agree with Ida. We are still students and can't fight villains without a license." said Momo.

"How would we do that, this place is built with the same level of security as Tartarus. Although all things considered that's not saying much is it?" said Denki.

"Wait, what'd you say?" asked Tobias.

"What, that this place that's supposed to have the same level of security as Tartarus got taken over pretty easily?" he repeated, confused.

"You're right, it did fall way too easily. Because it's an inside job." said Tobias, as he connected the dots.

"What?!" said everyone.

"What do you mean inside job?" asked Melissa.

"Tobias is right! This place is one of the most secure places in the world, and I doubt the villains that took over are worse than the ones in Tartarus. The only logical explanation is that it's an inside job. Someone planned it so that when anyone who can stop the villains, ie the heroes, are gathered for the party, they would all be captured. That person also has to have high enough security clearance to sneak the villains in." explained Momo.

"That's impossible. Why would anyone do that?" asked Melissa.

"I don't know, yet. But our only option is to save the heroes. Where's the security system?" said Tobias.

"The top floor of this tower, but the only way up right now is the stairs. And it's on the 200th floor."

"It's our only option." said Todoroki.

"If we go through the walls to get outside, will the security system catch us?" asked Tobias.

"Yes, the outside walls are rigged with sensors ready to detect any structural abnormalities." said Melissa.

"You wanted to tunnel out?" asked Midoriya.

"Yes, but there is another way. I can use a card to make us all intangible for a few seconds so we can go through the wall and outside. Then we scale the tower." said Tobias.

"You can do that?" said Melissa, a little shocked.

"He's full of surprises. But I don't think anyone but you can scale it." said Kyoka.

"That's still our best plan, but I think Tobias should go through the outside while we move through the inside. I can't sit around and do nothing." said Midoriya.

"Me either." said Todoroki and Mina.

"Wait, can't you make a phone that's can't be interfered with?" asked Kyoka.

"Yes, but they would take too long. We're not close to land by any means, who knows what the villains would do by the time they get here."

"Good point."

"Wait, you can't operate the system. You don't know how." said Melissa.

"Good point. One moment." said Tobias before taking out a card, activating it, and it turned into a tablet before he took out another, activated it, and it turned into a camera he attached to his head while he put on an earpiece.

"With this, you can see what I'm seeing, and you can tell me what to do once I'm there." he said handing the tablet to Melissa.

"Okay."

"Be careful." said Tobias to everyone before taking out a card, activating it, and proceeding to walk through the walls and ending up outside where he started falling before activating another card and giving himself wings.

'Got to hurry.' he thought before flapping his wings and going up the side of the tower.

Flying up the side of the tower, Tobias quickly reached the top.

"From the helipad, the security room is straight down. If you do what you did earlier you should land on the floor and I'll guide you from there." said Melissa into Tobias' earpiece.

"Okay."

Creating and using the same card, Tobias sunk into the floor headfirst before coming out of the ceiling and softly landing.

"Where to?" whispered Tobias as he turned his head so Melissa could get a better look at where he was.

"If you go down that corridor on your right and take a left, there should be a set of double doors that leads right to the security room."

"Got it." he whispered back before taking out a card and activating it before an indiscernible sonar pulsed out and gave him the layout of the area around him as well as how many villains were in the room.

'6 villains in total but only two of them look like they're important. The others look like cannon fodder. I'll gas the room. Easy enough.' he thought before sneaking up to the doors, which thankfully didn't automatically open, and taking out two cards. One to phase his hand through and the other to create a similar aroma to the one Midnight-sensei creates.

'Shouldn't take that long since they're not expecting it.' he thought as he heard the sound of six bodies hitting the floor.

'Too easy.' he thought as he tried to force open the doors before giving up and just using a card to walk through them and seeing the villains all asleep. Not wanting to risk anything, he took out a card and used it after rounding them up, tying them all up with chains that also cancel quirks. A bit wasteful, but better to be safe than sorry.

"Okay, I'm inside, now what?" asked Tobias as he sat down at the security terminal and Melissa talked him through what he needed to do.

"Swordkil, come in." 

"Hurry, Melissa. They're about to find out."

"You just need to press enter and it'll be turned off." she said.

Hearing that, Tobias instantly pressed enter and everything on the screen went green. 

"I-Island's security system is now operating in normal mode."

Tobias having kept an eye on the cameras saw the heroes that were tied up instantly overtake the villains while All Might punched the one with a mask, instantly knocking him out before he looked at the camera and gave a thumbs up.

~

After the heroes rounded up all the villains, Tobias told his theory to All Might, who asked David Shield, who confessed to orchestrating the whole thing because he wanted to help All Might. All Might being the moral hero he is, admonished him and asked him to destroy the device, which he promptly did. Of course, this was all unknown to the students and would be kept secret between the two friends.

Fortunately, the expo was still on, and after a day of fun, the students returned back to Japan where they were anxiously awaiting the Summer Training Camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

Sorry for the late chap, watching a movie while writing a chap is harder than I thought.

So, the pokemon will not have much to do in the early stages, since they're still growing. For the parents, they'll be more like pets/guardians/family but for Kyoka and Tobias, they'll be more like sidekicks when they're stronger. I know even level 5 pokemon are stronger than most small-time villains, but they only really start to get strong enough to do things after their evolution.

23