Aftermath
367 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After AFO was defeated and the world knew that All Might was no longer able to continue his work as a hero, Tobias and Bakugo were taken by the police to be questioned.

"So, can you tell us why after you escaped you didn't come straight to the police?" said a detective.

"I went to the school which then gave you the information needed to successfully and safely take down AFO." said Tobias.

"You think this is a game?"

"No. Quite the opposite. Which is why I did what I did." said Tobias causing the detective to get riled up.

"Alright, that's enough." said Detective Tsukauchi as he entered the room.

"Sir."

"Go." he said as the other cop left the room before closing the door.

"Detective. Nice to see you again."

"Mm. You're free to go. Everything you did has been ruled as self-defense. Even that chain thing at the end, though it was close."

"That's good to hear."

"It is. But I have to warn you not to do something similar again. Using your quirk to cause harm without a license is illegal and will result in your immediate imprisonment." he said sternly.

"Okay."

"Good, go home. I'm sure your parents are worried sick."

"Thank you." said Tobias getting up to leave before he stopped at the door.

"By the way, Detective. You should check your pockets for garbage. A little friendly tip." he said before leaving.

"Garbage?" said Tsukauchi as he rummaged through his pockets before taking out a card and a note. Unfolding the note, Tsukauchi read it before taking a look at the card.

"Hades' Gate."

~

'I hope he bites the bullet and uses the card on AFO after placing him in Tartarus. I think the old fogeys who control the Hero Public Safety Commission would know how dumb it would be to not use the card. I even made it so the amount of time it takes to drag AFO into the gate is less, so he'll have less chance to struggle.' thought Tobias as he entered his home.

"I'm home." said Tobias.

"Why'd you take so long to get home?! I was worried sick!" said his mom.

"Sorry, I was at the hospital when the All Might thing went down so I stayed there. Then the police found me to question me about being kidnapped and then escaping. Luckily, they said it'll all be counted as self-defense, but they asked me to be more careful in the future." explained Tobias.

"That's good. Go take a shower and sleep, you must be exhausted." said his mom before Tobias went right to bed without washing up first.

~~

DING DONG

"Tobias!" said his mom.

"I got it." he said as he made his way to the door before opening it and seeing Aizawa and All Might in suits.

"Aizawa-sensei, All Might-sensei, nice to see you. Please come in." said Tobias as he moved to the side to let the two of them in.

"Sorry for intruding." they both said as Tobias led them to the living room where his mom and dad were already waiting.

"Welcome to our home, please sit." said his mom.

"Thank you for having us." said Aizawa.

"So, you want us to entrust our son to you, and let him live in some dorms?" said his mom, getting right into it.

"Yes."

"Why should I trust you when you couldn't protect our child and he had to save himself?" she said.

"Mom." said Tobias.

"Quiet." she said, causing Tobias to sit there quietly, while his father looked at him and shrugged.

"We understand that trusting us is difficult right now considering everything that's happened. We now realize that we were overconfident. We took these threats too lightly, so we need to seriously reexamine our policies. But, please, we ask that you trust us with this. I've no doubt that we can still help your son and all our students become great heroes." said Aizawa as he bowed his head while Tobias' mom stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Sigh. Fine. I know Tobias would find some way to be a hero anyway, and I'm not one to stop him from pursuing his dreams." she said.

"Thank you." they both said as they bowed their heads.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but you look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" said All Might, staring at Tobias' mom.

"Oh, well you did save me and my sister a long time ago. When you were in America." said his mom.

"What a coincidence! I'm glad to see you came out alright. But, that's not it." he said, as he continued to stare at her.

"I think you're thinking about my sister, we do look a lot alike."

"If you don't mind my asking, who's your sister?"

"Cathleen Bate."

"What?!" said All Might.

"What is it?" asked Aizawa.

"Cathleen Bate is your sister?!" he said, ignoring Aizawa.

"Yes."

"No wonder you looked familiar. And Tobias' quirk makes more sense now." said All Might as a look of realization hit him.

"Who's Cathleen Bate?" asked Aizawa.

"Cathleen Bate also known as Star and Stripe, America's No. 1 Hero, and the user of the New Order quirk." said All Might.

"Oh." said Aizawa-sensei, stunned at the information.

"I would prefer it if you didn't tell anyone." said Tobias' mother.

"Of course, not a word. But to think I had her nephew in my class. And with an even stronger quirk to boot." said All Might.

"Yes, he's her nephew all right." she said as she looked at Tobias, lost in reminiscing.

~

"So, what'd your parents say?" asked Tobias to Kyoka as they ate some ice cream.

"Yes. And yours?"

"My mom almost said no."

"Really? Actually, I can see that. With how overprotective of you she is, I'm surprised she didn't scream at them." she said.

"For a second I thought she was, but it all worked out."

"That's good. I wonder what the dorms are going to be like though?"

"Probably divided into boys and girls with a common floor. Makes the most sense."

"Guess we won't have much private time anymore." she said.

"It's not like we're prisoners. I'm sure they'll let us leave after class or on the weekends with permission."

"I guess so."

"What, are you that sad that we won't have our private time?" said Tobias while raising his eyebrows.

"I like our private time. We just hang out together and cuddle and watch movies or whatever. It helps destress me."

"We'll figure it out." he said before picking up a napkin and wiping some ice cream from Kyoka's mouth.

"Thanks. By the way, did the principal ever ask you about the Pokemon?"

"Actually, no. I'm sure it'll come up soon seeing as we'll have to ask him if they can live with us in the dorms."

"That's sure to be an interesting conversation."

"I don't doubt it. Oh well, no use thinking about it right now." he said as he finished eating his ice cream.

"Have you bought everything you're going to need for moving into the dorm?"

"Don't have to, I can make it all. Don't even need to pack with my cards, which reminds me. Here." he said as he pulled out a card and handed it to Kyoka.

"What is it?"

"Read it."

"Storage Space: Ring Edition. Creates a ring that has 5x5 meters of storage space. Mentally linked to the user so they can release things from storage. To store things in the space, hold what the user wants to be stored and think "store." Auto adjusts to fit finger. Holy hell." she said, flabbergasted.

"Awesome right? I've been wanting to make it for quite a while, but only after creating my duel disk was I able to make it. As I get more stamina, I'll be able to upgrade the ring to hold more."

"This is amazing. Thank you so much." she said kissing him on the cheek.

"You're welcome. Use it come on." he said before she activated the card and a simple black ring appeared which Kyoka put on her right pinky.

"I love it."

"I'm glad you do. Now, come on. I want to go watch a movie." he said before his phone started ringing.

"Who is it?"

"All Might." he said before answering.

"Tobias, how are you doing my boy?"

"Good. I don't mean to be rude but I'm out on a date with Kyoka, so can I ask what this is about?"

"Ah, youth. But, I was calling to ask you to come to the school to discuss certain matters that need to be discussed." he said, with a tone that suggested he was talking about something important, most likely the mole.

"Got it. I'll be there in a bit."

"Thank you. And sorry about your date."

"Not a problem." he said before hanging up.

"You need to go to school?"

"Yeah, sorry to cut our date short."

"It's okay, I've had fun so it's not a big deal."

"Thanks. I'll call you later. Be careful on the way home." he said kissing her before going toward the school.

~

A short while later and Tobias was now in the principal's office with All Might and Aizawa there as well.

"Thank you for coming." said the principal.

"Of course." said Tobias as he sat down.

"I'm sure you know why we've called you here." said the principal.

"The mole."

"Sigh. Yes. Aoyama, the mole. It looks like you were right." he said.

"Tsukauchi helped us question him and with his quirk, we found out you were right. Aoyama was the mole." said All Might.

"Was it because he was being forced?" said Tobias.

"Yes, he was forced." said All Might as he clenched his fist.

"All For One?" said Tobias.

"Yes, just like the 8-Ball predicted. Aoyama was born quirkless and was given his quirk by All For One in exchange for him being his mole in U.A." said the principal.

"Quirkless, eh?"

"Mm. He was the one who leaked the information about USJ and the information about the training camp. He also said that his parents are also being forced by AFO to cooperate. We asked him if he knew anything about Shigaraki's operation or whereabouts, but he said they had never contacted AFO, only been contacted by him."

"Sigh, so what now?" asked Tobias.

"We don't know." said the principal.

"He's not a villain. He showed us just how much guilt he was feeling and how much remorse he had. He was put in a bad situation." said Aizawa.

"Then leave him be." said Tobias, causing the three of them to look at him.

"What do you mean?"

"As you said, he's not a villain. No one but us, his parents, and Tsukauchi-san knows about him being the mole. No one but us knows we know he's the mole. We know he's telling the truth about his situation because of Tsukauchi-san's quirk, so we can let him continue to be a hero. And let him make up for the sins he's committed. And besides, AFO is in Tartarus right now which means they're safe as long he stays in there.

And on the very, very, very small off-chance that AFO escapes from Tartarus, we'll have someone that will have an in with him." said Tobias causing the three to go silent for a few moments.

"I agree." said All Might.

"Mm." said Aizawa.

"Okay then. We will let Aoyama continue to be a U.A. student under our supervision. I hope this information will not leave this room." said the principal as all three of them nodded.

"Good."

"I have a question." said Tobias.

"No, they didn't use it." said the principal.

"Tch. Can I ask why? It's stupid for them not to. We don't know what quirks he has or what plans he has." said Tobias.

"I agree. They called me to ask about you, and about the card. I told them what they wanted to know and I recommended they use it. Especially if it's the same as the one you used during USJ. Later, they called to tell me they would not be using it because it would set a dangerous precedent." he explained.

"Dangerous precedent? Bunch of scared old fogeys that think doing that will cause societal collapse." said Tobias.

"Indeed, nothing we can do about it. For now." he said.

"Mm, we can only hope nothing happens until I get my license." said Tobias.

"Agreed. Now, onto the other reason why I called you here. These Pokemon that Shota told me about. How'd you do it?" asked the principal, causing the three adults to look at Tobias with curiosity.

"I'm assuming you're asking how I "created" life?" said Tobias, air quoting on the word created, only for the principal to nod.

"Well, it's not exactly creating life per se. I can summon other monsters and have them fight for me or do other things for me. But they're similar to shells in that they're what I want them to look like and have certain strengths/abilities but they're not living creatures. The Pokemon, on the other hand, are.

But I didn't create them, more like summoned them to this dimension." said Tobias.

"I see. The cost of creating actual life is too much for you to bear at the moment so you made a loophole by making it akin to a summoning contract like those from fantasy novels." said the principal while rubbing his chin/neck/jaw.

"Phew, I'm surprised you've been able to figure out so much about my quirk."

"Haha, well I am smart after all." said the principal.

"But yes, you are correct. The way it works is the card creates a contract with Pokemon from a dimension where they are real and it is summoned to the card user's side. Of course, the user must take care of it and care for the Pokemon or it can leave when it wants. And that's not to say the price I pay is little by any means. I still impose other costs on myself to do so." explained Tobias.

"So you're saying there's a world where those creatures exist?" said All Might.

"Yes. But it's not like this is new information. Humans have theorized about the Multiverse theory since long before the age of quirks."

"Multiverse theory?" said All Might.

"The Multiverse theory is a theory that says that our universe is only one of many and there are countless others that are different. For example, our universe is one comprised of quirks but there could be one where the quirk era never happened or one where it did happen but everyone turned into zombies. It's more nuanced than that but that's the general sense of things." said Tobias.

"Fascinating."

"Indeed. But back on topic, I'm assuming you wish to ask for permission for them to live with you both in the dorms?" said the principal.

"Yes, I was going to ask for permission."

"Granted, but do look after them."

"Of course, thank you, principal-sensei."

"If you don't mind me asking, who else have you given them to?"

"My parents and my mentor, Mirko."

"I assumed so, I've seen the speculations around her new partner in the news. Well, that's all we needed to discuss. Sorry again for snatching you away from your date." he said.

"Not a problem, I'm happy to help. But I hope you would try to convince the Hero Commission, All Might-sensei. It's for the safety of everyone." said Tobias as he stood up to leave but not before imploring All Might.

"Mm, I will try. But even though I am- was the number 1 hero, they won't budge when it comes to something like this." he said.

"Anything will help. Please excuse me, senseis." said Tobias before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

I'm back! With a double upload!

But this novel will be once a week from now until the end of the semester, which is about a month, and it will be Wednesday/Thursday. School is ramping up and I don't have as much free time. But I will release a chapter randomly if I ever have free time.

Also, let me know what you thought about the explanation for the Pokemon.

And let me know what you thought about the Aoyama thing. I decided to make it like that because he didn't really rat on anything too major, imo. In the OG, his information leak caused a few injuries but not mine, so I thought it was a good way to leave it. For now.

20