Slice of Life
466 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You can't do your work studies under Mirko."

"Why not?" asked Tobias.

"Letting the first-years do work-study is already not a popular decision, so to counteract that the Principal has decided that if a first-year wants to participate in work-study, it must be under a reputable agency." said Aizawa.

"Mirko is a highly rated hero. She's bound to make it into the top 10 eventually. Probably in the upcoming hero rankings." countered Tobias.

"Yes, but she's a solo hero. Her agency is pretty much nonexistent."

"But I've established a rapport with her. And I'm pretty sure she would drag me away from whatever agency I was at. Especially since I already asked her if she would take me on. And I'm a man of my word. And I'm a little scared of her. In a manly way." said Tobias.

"Sigh, you're a pain in the ass." he said, slumping on his chair.

"Fine, you can do your work-study with her. I'll talk to the Principal about it." said Aizawa, relenting because of his student's plea, but mostly because he didn't want to deal with it any longer.

"Awesome. Thanks, sensei. Expect a gift. A better one since I haven't given you anything from the last time I told you to expect a gift."

"Just don't get into trouble. That'll mean more work for me." he said.

"No promises. But I'll try my best." said Tobias giving Aizawa a thumbs up before leaving his office.

"Sigh, what a pain in the ass."

~

"So, now I'm trying to think about what I should give Aizawa-sensei as a gift." said Tobias.

"Just give him food. Or the invisibility cloak. He's more of a stealth/solo hero so it would work well with his skillset." said Kyoka.

The two were currently in Kyoka's room with Tobias lying down on the bed while Kyoka put her head on his chest.

The pair didn't want to be in the common area because they wanted to spend some time alone so they were in Kyoka's room. After a certain time, boys weren't allowed in the girl's dorms, and vice-versa, but it was currently within the allowed time. But the door had to stay open, to discourage any lewd activities.

"I was thinking something along the line of equipment as well but a weapon rather than something more utility-focused. He uses the capture cloth, so I could do something there. But what?" said Tobias.

"You can enchant it, as you say, to be stronger so it won't rip or tear. That would help out a lot considering most villains can't even deal with the one he has right now."

"That's good, but I feel like it's not enough. Maybe I can enchant it so he can control it with his mind. And I can make it able to split up into different strands so he can capture more villains at once."

"That sounds good." said Kyoka.

"Okay, then. The idea has been set into motion. I also need to make yours, but I'm still fine-tuning it. Shouldn't be long now. So, you going to do work-study?"

"Yeah. I already asked Ryukyu and she said yes."

"That's good. I know you liked working with her last time."

"Yeah, and guess what?" she said, turning her head to look at Tobias.

"What?"

"Nejire-senpai is also under Ryukyu."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I found out after she told me. She came up to me after the fight and told me."

"Ryukyu didn't mention it last time?"

"No. Apparently, she's a little forgetful. And Nejire-senpai wasn't there so I didn't know until just recently."

"Interesting."

"Yeah, and Ochako and Tsuyu are joining me as well. Nejire-senpai really liked them so she took care of introducing them to Ryukyu."

"Seems like most of our classmates are going to be doing work-study then."

"Yeah. A fire's been lit under them."

"I knew most of them would do it. After all, it must be frustrating to be relegated to the sidelines while your classmates are in danger. It's only natural to want to get stronger."

"It's your fault you know."

"I know. But I can't help it. I'm just so good that it makes others want to be better. Sigh." joked Tobias.

"Haha, there's that big ego of yours." she said.

"You know what else is big?" teased Tobias, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Haha, shut up." she laughed as she sat up to kiss him.

"Ehem."

Turning to look at the doorway, the pair saw a blushing Momo standing there while averting her eyes.

"S-sorry for interrupting, but I wanted to tell you guys we're going to play some games. And I wanted to see if you'd like to join us."

"We'll be down in a bit." said Tobias seeing as Kyoka was currently occupied with burying her head into her mattress.

"Okay. R-remember to restrain yourselves. This is a shared living space." she said before leaving.

"I want to die." said Kyoka, her voice muffled by the bedding.

"Haha, it's fine. There's no need to be embarrassed. It's not like they don't know we're dating."

"I know, but I'm not good with public displays of affection."

"I know you aren't and that's okay."

"But it's not that I don't want to because I do. It's just a little hard for me. Even when it's not in public."

"Kyoka, you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. Nor will I ever force you." said Tobias, causing Kyoka to fall into a silent stare for a few moments.

"I love you." she said before kissing him.

"I love you too. Now, let's go play some games before the rumors start to get out of hand."

~

And so the week flew by with the students attending regular classes with most of them excited for the weekend to come.

~

RING RING

CLICK

"Ah, it's been a long while since I've been woken up by an alarm." said Tobias after shutting off the old-fashioned alarm clock with the two bells.

As to why Tobias slept in rather than wake up early for his usual training with Dratini, he wanted to take a day off before his work-study so he would be well rested.

He knew that Mirko would probably want to spar, train, and patrol a lot more now that he had his license, so he decided to take the time to rest.

Not that he had to sleep too much to get a good rest considering the SSS allowed him to get a good night's rest with only 5 hours of sleep. Which was one of the things that Tobias really appreciated about the SSS.

After shutting off his alarm, Tobias stood up and went through a stretching routine he did when he slept in so he could get his body and mind warmed up.

Once that was done, he picked up his phone to see if anyone had messaged him. As he expected he had a message from his mom as she always texted him at least twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night.

But what he didn't expect was to get a text from his father, who usually only texted once a week, and considering that quota had been reached, it was unexpected. His explanation for the once-a-week text was that Tobias was a teenager and what teenager wanted to text with their parents. Anyway, reading his father's text first, he was pleasantly surprised and a little jealous.

Abra had evolved into Kadabra and Ralts had evolved into Kirlia. And his dad had sent the picture of him standing next to Kadabra, a big smile on his face.

'Ugh, so jealous. But for them to evolve on the same day is interesting. Maybe Ralts felt Abra's evolution, or vice-versa, and wanted to keep up. Oh well, not like it matters. But I don't know how Kadabra would go about evolving now since in the games it's done by trade. I'll figure something out.' thought Tobias, replying to his father before reading his mother's text.

'Oh my god.' thought Tobias as he saw that his mother had sent a super long message followed by multiple pictures of Kirlia from various angles.

'At least she's happy.' thought Tobias with a smile as he replied to his mother.

Just as he had finished replying to his mother and was about to get ready, he received a message from Mirko.

'Don't tell me Buneary evolved too.' thought Tobias as he opened her text only to see that his guess was correct.

'What the hell? Did Dratini evolve too?' he thought before looking at the tank to see Dratini sleeping peacefully.

'Aw man.'

~

After getting ready, Tobias hopped on a train and made his way to the city where Mirko was at. Thankfully the city was only a 30-minute train ride away because Tobias hated the seats on a train.

'Let's see. Where did she want to meet me again?' thought Tobias before pulling out his phone and checking the location she wanted to meet.

'A restaurant, nice, I was getting a little hungry.' he thought before starting the 10-minute walk to the meet-up spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

I forgot I had scheduled this chap to be uploaded even though it wasn't finished, but after reading it again I realized it ends in an okay place so I decided to put it back up. Sorry for the shorter length than usual, I'm back home, and writing in this environment is a little hard for me with all the noise and interruptions from family. Next chapter will be the usual length.

Also, couldn't think of a title for this chapter.

15