8: Daga Kotowaru
1.2k 2 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After following jin-Chul for about 10 minutes we came in front of a room, He opened the room and said.

"The chairman of the Korean hunters Association Go Gun-Hee is waiting for you inside."

"Why so serious?" I said to him as I went inside, I saw an old man who by no means looked old. Go Gun-hee is a muscular old man with gray hair, greenish-gray eyes, and numerous scars on his body. As he was a high-ranking government official, he was usually seen wearing a three-piece suit.

The S-rank Hunter called "The Sky Above Skies", Go Gun-hee.

Discovering Haru, Go Gun-hee rose from his seat.

"Tsugikuni Haru?"

"Yes, my name is Tsugikuni Haru." I said showing a slight smile.

'Even while being so powerful he has a humble personality. He is the reason the guilds are kept in check. But…' I activated my see-through world and saw his body on the verge of falling apart. If it was someone else they would have died years ago but he is still working despite that condition, this is the consequence of using a Ruler's power and being a Ruler's vessel.

I looked at his right hand he was surprised when he saw me looking there and he smiled.

"You can see my situation at a glance. I'm impressed," he said smiling brightly.

"I just have good eyes that's all," I said shaking my head.

He nodded. And Jin-Chul who stood behind Go Gun-Hee was shocked.

"So what do you think about my situation?" the old man asked even while knowing it.

"You don't have much time. The only thing holding your body together is pure will and nothing else." I said plainly without beating around the bush.

Jin-Chul was gritting his teeth while looking down.

"Hmm, well everything comes to an end, isn't that right? Hunter-Nim" he said smiling softly.

"I am not a hunter yet," I said.

"Oh, That's just to buy some time for us to meet the hunters before the guilds do." He said without hiding anything.

"Ok then, what would chairman Go would like to talk to me about?"

He started talking about the guilds and the association's purpose.

"Do you want to join the Association the salary won't be as high as the guilds can offer. But you will have my Backing. What do you think?" he asked.

Go Gunhee's face turned very serious,

"Most importantly the Association needs Hunter Tsugikuni-nim."

'A man wielding a powerful strength like you.'

The elder's eyes became keen,

'Well, time will tell what kind of a man you are…'

As long as Haru said "yes" here, the association president had no qualms about supporting him with everything he had.  That was the value of the S-rankers.

'I think I've said enough.'

I already knew he will say something along these lines. And I already have my answer.

"Daga Kotowaru." Which shocked Go Gun-Hee.

'Is it about money after all?'

"Why did you refuse?" he asked wanting to know the reason behind this.

"I would rather fight magic beasts," Then leaving him dumbfounded I continued since my words didn't explain what i wanted properly.

"I would rather be on the frontline than argue with some old bats. who only think of their profits."

I said as I sent him my message. He was shocked at first and then…

"HAHAHA, Old bats looking for personal gains. An accurate description. AHAHA,"  He felt his heartbeat vigorously like he was a young man again.

"Ok, I understand," He said as he understood what the kid wanted to convey to him. As an elder, he can see the look in the eyes of this kid that he isn't lying.

'Those eyes… are telling the truth.'

His opinion of Haru made a 180-degree turn.

'How long has it been since I felt like this?'

'If I was just twenty, no, just ten years younger, I could be fighting alongside men like these…!'

ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum

Go Gun-hee placed a hand on his chest.  The heart that could've stopped any minute was now beating furiously.

'To think that my heart could make a sound like this.'

"If I have a way to make you healthy again. What would you say?"

I said as I have a good impression of him as I know what he did in the future and how he has been working even after his retirement.

The room became silent again. They were both looking at me like they couldn't believe what they heard.

"Are you telling the truth?" Go Gun-Hee asked his eyes glowing, Jin-Chul was dumbfounded and didn't even move.

I nodded and made some bullshit reason.

"Because of my special Eyes, I can see your problem and also because you have a strong body and more importantly a strong will and determination. So what is your answer?" I asked him with a serious tone.

"What do you want for this?" the old man knew that nothing was free in this world if what he said is true then he must want something.

"I have two requests, would you like to hear them?" I asked him.

He nodded with a serious expression. As he thought that the kid was lying to him. He has used every possible means but it didn't work.

"1st I want to be able to enter gates alone as I don't plan on joining any guilds.

2nd: I don't want anyone to know that I healed you.

What do you think." Chairman Go was surprised after hearing my words.

'I thought he would ask for something outlandish. But it is this simple even if we don't allow people to enter gates alone but from what I have heard and saw today…..'

"I will let you the gates alone after your assessment is completed in three days, I'll see if you are powerful enough to enter the gates alone. I don't get your second request why hide your healing ability? you can make quite the money even without being a hunter." The old man asked seeing the face of the young man looking for changes but it didn't change as his eyes were filled with the same determination as before as he said.

"As I said before I want to fight and I don't want some idiots who want to live a few extra years to hound me," I said simply and continued.

"So have you made your decision?"

He nodded.

"Put your right hand forward," I said to him as I stood up and went next to him.

He did as I said and I used the ability to heal him with my see-through world active it took half an hour after which I stopped. and looked at him.

"How do you feel?" I asked him and he was shocked as he felt his body had more strength than before he felt like he can live for another 10 years without any problem.

'Now I can search for a successor without a problem.'

"Thank you very much for this." He said wanting to bow but I stopped him.

"Alright now I will go back home," I said as I left without waiting for their response.

After reaching the apartment building,

I sat on the sofa and thought 'Did I do the right thing?'

Well, it's alright whatever.

That afternoon when the news came out about the new S-Rank in Korea and surrounding countries. As the name of the hunter was announced there was an uproar in Japan as the name of the hunter was Japanese they thought he Has defected towards Korea and was a hot topic on social media.

The Japanese hunter association also called the Korean branch for information. When the Korean hunters association released the information related to the S-Rank. The people understood when they saw his parents' names as photos of the hunter weren't released. But the discussion didn't stop.

That's how 2 days went by and the Japanese hunters association had proposed to help Korea with the raid on Jeju island because a flying ant wreaked havoc in one of the remote coastal cities in Japan.

Korea was shocked at first but accepted as they thought about the damages it could cause.

Jin-woo was informed of his father's return and was told to wait as the process of bringing him back is underway. The Korean branch was trying to make it as fast as possible because of the chairman's orders.

And like this, The day of the assessment has arrived.

71