Decision
192 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So what are we going to do about this now? The world is at our neck for answers at this moment, they are scared that an army of more than 100,000 monsters come out of the gate that opened above their head marking the end of everything." Gun-hee leaned back on the sofa as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Jin-Chul was pale as he sweated bullets at the thought of that many monsters marching down on eight different cities in the world. It is as good as saying it is all over for them. The spectacle in Korea has become the standard for the gates of this caliber so the world is panicking at the moment.

Haru and Jin-woo looked at each other.

Haru nodded signaling Jin-woo to tell them. Seeing both of them so calm Gun-hee and jin-Chul paid attention to their next word.

"…Can you gather all the representatives from the different countries in one place?" Jin-woo said.

.....

Representatives from every country that received the summons issued by the Korean Hunter's Association quickly climbed aboard the waiting planes.

What an astonishing change this was.

Less than two years ago, Korea's overall Hunter strength was so pathetic that they even lost a newbie rank, S- Rank Hunter, to America. But now, they were summoning the leaders of the world to their doorsteps.

No, only one year ago, they couldn't even take care of the dungeon break on their territory, Jeju Island, and became a laughing stock in Japan.

But then, with the entrance of a Two Hunters who had far surpassed the classifications of upper, top, elite, or whatever, and stepped into the ranks of transcendence, everything changed.

The man who made every monster pouring out from one of the super-massive Gates obey him; and the one who had killed monsters that defeated even the National Rank hunters and had the gall to sit down eating popcorn staring at an army of monsters that made thousands of hunters falter. If it was these two, then they might be able to explain the identity of these super-massive Gates covering up the skies all over the globe.

With that, understanding what happened a few days ago would also come about naturally as well.

The keys to everything were held by these two people. The problem here was, that they couldn't use force or concessions to coax the keys out from their opponent this time.

Just who would be able to use force to make them talk, for instance?

Even if you could do something about his individual combat power that he cleared S-Rank Gates alone, there was the small matter of a hundred thousand-plus summons right behind him waiting for their turn.

And let's not even think about the second one. The man's epithet said it all, with his accomplishments no one in their right mind would try something like this, heck even those who weren't in their right mind would be able to see the difference here.

It was an impossible task, in other words.

That was why bigshots perfectly suited for representing their countries such as presidents, prime ministers, premiers, ministers, directors of Hunter-related government bodies, as well as leaders of various Hunter's Associations, were making a move after the Korean Association requested them to come.

"Has there been anyone else informing us of their intentions to come?"

"No, sir. It's still 152 countries, as reported in the morning's briefing, sir."

"Okay."

The Association President Go Gun-hee was personally going through every single report detailing the progress of the situation. The emergency response conference hall outfitted for the raid of the super-massive Gate was coming in handy even now.

"Sir, the representative from Hungary has just touched down at the airport."

"Who's coming from Hungary?"

"Their President, Yadessi Arnor, has personally come, sir."

"….Ok"

When an important dignitary from overseas came for a visit, a person holding a similar office was supposed to go out to welcome him. That was the established etiquette.

Unfortunately, the Hunter's Association simply lacked the leeway to mind such etiquette every single time at this moment. Gun-hee shook his head for a little while before issuing new orders.

"Guide him to a suitable hotel."

"Yes, sir."

The Association employee replied crisply and was about to turn around to leave, but then, it felt as if he was hesitating about something else. So, Gun-hee stopped looking over the documents to raise his head again.

"Is there something else?"

"Uhm…."

The employee deliberated for a bit more before he summoned up enough courage.

"Sir, what did you hear from Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and Hunter Tsugikuni Haru yesterday inside the President's office? I've never seen you so pale before, Sir."

The thing was, this employee got to realize for the first time that a person's complexion could pale to that extent after looking at Gun-hee's face yesterday. Gun-hee has never lost his calm before this was the first time anyone has seen him like this.

Just what sort of a conversation did they share? The employee simply couldn't forget that look on his boss's face for the whole night, so, although he knew he was being impolite, he still had to ask and satisfy his curiosity now.

Sure enough, Gun -hee's expression hardened a bit.

"S-sir, forgive me. I asked you something unnecessary….."

"No, it's not that. I am not feeling unhappy about you asking me." Gun-hee said as he waved his hands.

It was just that, he ended up recalling the scenes that unfolded from Hunter Sung's fingertip, that was all.

The army of frenzied Dragons rushed out from the other side of the darkness. And then, a truly humongous Dragon follows after them.

It was so huge it seemed to move so slowly as if time had come to a standstill, even though it was flying at a similar sort of speed compared to the rest of the Dragon army.

It possessed an incredible aura that not even the combined might of every single Hunter in the world attacking together at the same time could even scratch. And then, that overwhelming pressure it emitted, something that might easily burn away everything in the world with merely a single breath. That creature possessed both of those.

Simply looking at it made him dizzy and Jin-Chul wasn't even able to sleep the whole night making him late for work today for the first time in his life.

Even though he would fight with his all, if he would face dragon army like that he was ready to die even though he knew he couldn't do much. He was sure that there weren't many people who would be able to stand their ground in front of an army like this.

'I can't do it….'

Because of that, he respected Hunter Sung and Hunter Tsugikuni even more as they weren't planning to run away but rather, stay and fight, even though they knew that such creatures existed.

'Wait, now that I think about it, what are they doing now?'

....

Both Haru and Jin-woo were sitting on the sofa looking at the T.V intently. Two cars were neck and neck on the screen one red and the other being purple, the red car was ahead of the purple car just by a little. The two cars crossed the finish line and the red car won.

"There you lose," Haru said with a smug face.

"No way, you cheated," Jin-woo said with a frown as he threw the gamepad in his hand on the floor breaking it.

"Tsk tsk, don't cry when you lose. What are you a child?" Haru clicked his tongue annoying Jin-woo further.

"What you bumped into me on purpose. You were cheating." Jin-woo said again.

"What you can't even take a bump? Are you really a National Rank hunter?" Haru said as he grinned.

"You da- OUCH* OUCH*" But before he can finish his words his ear was pulled.

"How many times do I have to say it don't break stuff. Why don't you get it?" Kyung-hye said as her eyes become fierce.

"Sorry, it won't happen again. OW* OW*." Jin-woo cried out.

"Just because you have money doesn't mean you can be wasteful." Kyung-hye harrumphed as she released Jin-woo's ear and looked at Haru making him cover his ears.

"You too Haru be careful and don't be wasteful like this one here." Kyung-hye said to him.

"Yes, Mom I'll keep it in mind," Haru said causing a smile to appear on Kyung-hye face.

"Good Good," She walked back with a satisfied look.

Haru sighed as he removed his hands from his ears.

 'No matter how powerful you are mothers are always powerful.' Haru nodded as he reminded himself to never make his mother-in-law angry. It made him remember his mother who had a violent temper although she was really caring towards him although she would reprimand him whenever he did something wrong.

"She is so unfair, I feel like I am adopted," Jin-woo said as he rubbed his ears.

'And she would always shout at dad and those two….. wait who am I talking about.' Haru was confused as his head started to hurt again.

He was in a daze trying to focus on it but he couldn't recall it.

"Why are you in a daze for?" Jin-woo waved his hand in front of Haru as he took out a new gamepad and connected it to the game console.

"No nothing," Haru said.

"If you stay like that you are going to lose, the match already started," Jin-woo said with a grin causing Haru to look at the screen to see that Jin-woo has started the race without telling him.

"What? You fucking cheater," Haru growled as he controlled his car trying to catch up.

"HAHAHA, Not today," Jin-woo laughed loudly.

And later the two got punished for making too much noise.

14