Reunion #21
272 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"O-onee-sama..." Raising her little hand, Alice shyly looked at Saeko and spoke "I-I want to see mom..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"We forgot about Alice..."

"We have to find her mother..."

"But where would she be? We don't even know her."

"I know her, they used to live near our house" Looking at little Alice, Yuriko smiled softly and spoke "We'll see if we can find your mother, she's a cop so she should be in the safe zone."

"Mn"

"So... we'll go look for her mother at the school?" Looking at the whole group, Saeko asked.

"It's not too far from here, just a few minutes away, I don't see a problem" Shrugging her shoulders, Saya replied.

"Then we could stop by the school before going to get supplies... we also have the amphibious vehicle near this place, we should set it up to transport everything to the cave so we don't carry so much."

"That would be best."

"Then we'll get ready right now, pack everything important."

...

"You guys again?" looking at the group, a policeman frowned and asked.

"We came to look for little Alice's mother" Taking Alice's hand, Yuriko looked at the policeman and continued "Her name is Yukka Maresato, she's a policeman"

"Yukka Maresato..." Muttering to himself, the policeman frowned slightly for a few seconds, then gaining a clarity in his face and nodded "She's the one in charge of keeping control with the survivors, she's inside."

"Mom's okay!?" Smiling happily instantly, Alice asked.

"Yes, she's fine" Smiling softly at the sight of the girl, the policeman continued "You can come in, the rules are the same, if you want to stay, you must put down your weapons"

"Understood" Taking Alice's hand, Yuriko nods and walks towards the school followed by the group, but as they reached the entrance, a loud shout reached everyone's ear.

"What do you mean you let some students go off by themselves!? Isn't it your duty to keep civilians safe in this place!?"

"Rika!" Hearing the angry voice, Shizuka smiles cheerfully and runs towards the school, only to enter through the door to see her friend arguing with policemen.

"Shizuka!?" Quickly turning her gaze, Rika notices the busty blonde and smiles cheerfully "Shizuka!"

"Rika-chan!" Quickly running up to Rika, Shizuka jumps into her embrace and giggles happily.

"I'm glad to see you well, you had me so worried my little Shizuka!" smiling happily, Rika starts rubbing her face with Shizuka's.

"Mou~" Puffing up her cheeks, Shizuka looks at Rika with a cute annoyance "I'm already an adult, I'm not little!"

"Hahaha, you'll always be a little girl to me!" Smiling cheerfully, Rika squeezes Shizuka's cheeks and replies.

"Don't squeeze me, bad Rika!" patting Rika's hand, Shizuka puffs up her cheeks and quickly moves away from Rika, then hugs Fenrir's arm and points towards the purple-haired woman "Little wolf, Rika-chan is bullying me, save me!"

"..." Losing her smile, Rika looked at the wolf-headed man and narrowed her eyes at him, then frowned and looked at Shizuka "Who's that?"

"The little wolf, the little wolf is called Fenrir!" Sticking her tongue out at Rika, Shizuka smiles like a child "The little wolf won't let you bully me anymore, bad Rika!"

"Hoh... he'll stop me?" Squinting even more, Rika glared at Fenrir, while he just looked at her curiously, not sensing any real threat from her.

"Just so you know, the little wolf is very strong."

"*cough* *cough*" Catching everyone's attention, Yuriko smiled 'kindly' and spoke "We came to find Alice's mother, not to fight."

Nodding, Saeko approached the policeman receiving the guns and spoke "Yukka Maresato is here? We found your daughter"

"Yukka?" weighing for a few seconds, the man nodded and spoke "I'll go get her, wait here."

Nodding, Saeko turned to Rika and asked "Are you friends with Shizuka-sensei?"

"Yes, is she in your group?"

"We've been together since it all started"

"Thank you for keeping her safe" With a serious face, Rika leaned in 90 degrees towards Saeko, while gratitude was easily felt in her voice "I'm glad to see her smiling as always, I thank you all"

"It's alright, Shizuka-sensei is one of us" Smiling softly, Saeko looked at the childish woman and continued "Besides she is the first one who managed to connect with Fenrir and thanks to that we have today's peace of mind, I should thank her"

"..." Frowning slightly, Rika nodded, then turned her gaze to stare at the man embraced by her best friend.

"Alice!?" Rushing down the stairs, a plain woman with violet hair and large glasses in her eyes exclaimed excitedly.

"Mom!" Letting go of Yuriko's embrace, Alice instantly smiled and ran to the woman, then hugged her tightly.

"M-mommy, I missed you so much *Sniff*" Instantly starting to cry, Alice held tightly to the woman's neck as her little body trembled.

"My little girl..." Hugging Alice gently, the woman's eyes reddened as relief showed on her face.

Watching the emotional reunion, the whole group smiled softly, everyone but Fenrir obviously, not even understanding what tears were or why this would be sad or happy.

"M-mom... *Sniff* daddy died..." Trembling in Yukko's embrace, Alice whispered through tears.

"..." Trembling slightly at the news, the woman bit her lips and hugged her daughter tighter, as her own tears began to fall.

After a long hug of several minutes, the mother finally looked up and looked at the group that brought her daughter, then stood up and bowed deeply "Thank you for keeping her well, I don't know how to repay you for all you did!"

"It's okay, I'm a mother too" Smiling softly, Yuriko replied.

"It was nice to be with Alice-chan, she's a very nice girl."

Looking at the group with tears in her eyes, Yukko nodded awkwardly and somewhat forcefully affirmed Alice's hand "Come on, I'll take you to the other refugees."

"I'm sorry to have to turn you down, but we already have plans" Smiling slightly, Saeko continued "If you want you can join us, we'll be happy to have you with us."

Bowing again, Yukko shook her head "I can't accompany you, I have my duty here and now that I have my daughter, I can't risk it... I recommend you to stay, tomorrow the army will arrive and we will go to a military bunker, the security is total"

"..." Turning her gaze, Saeko looked at her group hesitantly.

"..." Being silent for a few seconds, finally Yuriko shook her head "Not a good idea."

Nodding knowing that Yuriko is the shrewd one, Saeko turned and shook her head "I'm sorry, we'll decline the offer."

"Are you sure?" Looking up quizzically, Yukko asked "Think it over... I'm sure Alice would be happy if you come with us..."

"We've made up our minds, thanks for the offer."

"Well..." Nodding hesitantly, Yukko turns her gaze to her daughter and smiles softly "Honey...-"

Quickly letting go of Yukko's hand, Alice runs to Yuriko and looks at her with tears in her eyes "Onee-sama...p-please come with us *Sniff*"

"Alice-chan..." Sighing softly, Yuriko crouches down to her height and strokes her hair "Our place is not in a military base... you also know how Fenrir is, he could not stand to be locked up with so many rules... instead you will be much safer in that place, and the best thing is that you will have your mother accompanying you every moment"

"B-but I don't want to leave you all *Sniff*"

"It's just for now, I'm sure we'll see each other again" Smiling softly, Yuriko continued "At that time we'll all go to lunch together, yes?"

"Y-you promise?"

"I promise."

"Okay *Sniff*" Wiping away her tears, Alice looks at the group and hugs them one by one, then approaching Fenrir and holding his hand "Thank you for everything onii-sama... we'll see each other later, yes?"

"..." Tilting his head in confusion, Fenrir stared at the little girl "Alice..."

Pulling Fenrir's hand, Alice let him down to her level and lifted his helmet, then gave him a small kiss on the cheek and ran to her mother.

"This young man won't even spare a girl, he's certainly a beast~" Approaching Rei, Kiriko whispered with amusement.

"M-mom, stop..."

"Are you guys sure about this? I also think it's safer to be in the military bunker" Looking at the group seriously, Rika continued "Actually my plan was to take Shizuka with me-"

"I won't leave the little wolf!" Hugging Fenrir tighter, Shizuka quickly exclaimed.

"I know, that's why I decided to follow you now, but I need to remind you that it's not safe outside."

"We'll be fine" Smiling softly, Saeko looked at Fenrir and sighed, then turned to little Alice and waved her hand in farewell.

"We're leaving, we have a lot to do."

"See you later Onee-sama's!" With tears in her eyes, Alice affirmed her mother's hand tightly and waved goodbye.

"Woof!" Sitting down next to Alice, Zeke barked for the first time in a long time, staring at Fenrir.

"..." Turning his gaze, Fenrir stared at the little girl and nodded, then looked down at the dog and nodded again "See you later..."

[A/N: I had to get rid of the girl because she would be a nuisance, now if you like her, it's never too late to bring her back.]

...

"Are you sure he'll be alright?" looking at the mall in front of her, Rika asked with concern.

"Relax, we didn't reach to stop him anymore, just wait" Sighing bitterly, Saeko continued "Fenrir-sama won't have any trouble inside, he'll be back in a few minutes."

As soon as they separated from Alice and her dog, the group headed straight to the shops to get the necessary supplies, taking this zombie-infested mall as their first point.

But as they all prepared to fight, Fenrir suddenly ran into the building and left them all in the dust.

"Busujima-san... how strong is Fenrir?" frowning slightly, Rika asked.

"Call me Saeko, there's no need to use honorifics" Smiling slightly, Saeko looked at the building and continued "Fenrir-sama has a lot of strength... I couldn't tell you how strong he can get, but we saw him split cars in two... I also saw him tear throats with just his fingers".

"Tearing throats?" frowning even more, Rika whispered.

"Yeah, apparently they were criminals who escaped from prison, their last words were about the idea of raping me."

"Oh..." Nodding with understanding, Rika turned her gaze and observed the calmness of all the women "So they all trust him blindly already..."

"It only took him a few days" Laughing lightly, Yuuki commented "But Shizuka-sensei was the one who pushed everything through."

"*Sigh*" Looking at her distracted friend, Rika shook her head and looked at the building.

"Arrived" Noticing the blood soaked man, Saeko smiled softly and pulled a cloth from her clothes, then approached Fenrir and removed his wolf helmet.

Raising her hand, Saeko began to gently wipe the blood from Fenrir's face, then carefully checked his body and nodded as she saw no wounds.

Turning her gaze, Saeko spoke "The building should be clean, but let's all go in together in case of emergency, we'll start by taking clothes and then look for food, we'll need big bags."

"Let's not forget tools for the crops, although on the island we should have some, it's better to make sure" Nodding, Yuriko took her weapon and continued "We should also take the water we see, it's never too much".

"We'll take everything important" Nodding, Saeko takes Fenrir's hand and walks towards the mall, while Rika watched the whole scene with a thoughtful face.

The woman all the way has been watching the man, and the more she listens the more alert she gets with him.

We can't really blame her, she hears about the guy having a lot of strength and acting like a maniac, any rational person would put up walls of caution after that.

"Then we'll go get the vehicle... fill it up and go to the island" Muttering to herself, Saeko turned her gaze to the man next to her and thought 'A quiet life on the island with him.... doesn't sound bad at all'

-------------------------------------------

Edited by: YASH_MATHUR

Discord: https://discord.gg/VtHg4GqXtq

11