Island #22
260 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This should last us up to 4 months" Looking at the vehicle fully loaded with supplies, Rika commented.

After several hours of looting around the place, the group together enough supplies to fill the amphibious vehicle, causing them to make the decision to have Shizuka drive slowly while they walk around it, thus carrying as much supplies as possible in one pure trip.

"Then we'll have to survive on potatoes" Looking at the bag of seeds in the vehicle, Saya "Potatoes, carrots, onions, wheat... does anyone know how to make bread?"

"..."

"I guess we'll have to learn a lot of things..." Sighing, Saya continued "But it's better than nothing, maybe when we unload all this stuff on the island we can come a few more times and take more supplies with us, at least to have enough for a year."

"Not a bad idea" Nodding, Rika commented "I'm just worried that the island isn't far enough away from the city."

"Worst case scenario we could hide in the tunnel that connects the island to the city, if it goes under the sea, it must be pretty deep" Thinking for a few seconds, Saya continued "I don't think a bomb could reach that far down... although we'd be at risk of collapse"

"*Sigh* We'll see what to do..."

"Rei, I have something to ask you" Standing next to Rei, Kiriko looked at her daughter and whispered "Is it true that Fenrir killed a teacher and a student?"

"Yes..." Lowering her gaze, Rei continued with a venomous tone "You want to know who the teacher was?"

Noticing the hatred in the voice, Kiriko asked curiously "Who?"

"Shidou."

"Oh... heh, I'm glad that bastard is dead" Smiling instantly, Kiriko continued "But why did he kill him?"

"The fool started brainwashing the whole bus, and used Fenrir as his public enemy target.... Fenrir threatened him, but the guy kept attacking him, and even though he doesn't understand the language, he seems to sense when someone has bad intentions... he grabbed him, bit his neck and threw him out the window."

"He had to have had a miserable death" Smirking, Kiriko continued "That snake bastard deserved it".

Contrary to a normal person's expectations, Kiriko smiled happily at the news of that man's death.

Others may see him as a normal teacher or someone good, but she knows perfectly well what that bastard put her daughter and husband through, and she well knows how many tears she had to console for the injustice Rei received.

"I lost a year, but he lost his life" Smiling slightly, Rei nodded.

When Shidou made her fail a year, she was engulfed in despair. Rei knows perfectly well that, in her society, for a person to repeat a year is terribly damning, many universities would disown her for it and getting a job would be incredibly difficult.

"And everything went to hell, so fuck studying" Rubbing her daughter's head, Kiriko smiled.

"Yeah..." Looking at the mess all around her, Rei sighed "Sometimes I feel bad for feeling satisfied with this result."

"You are not the only one my daughter, I am sure that many people already without them knowing, were fed up with society, maybe this situation is hopeless for many, but at the same time liberating for a lot of people"

"..."

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

"Take cover with the vehicle!" Hearing the gunshots obviously coming towards her, Rika acted quickly and shouted.

Quickly stopping the vehicle, Shizuka opened the door and hid behind it, then turned her gaze to see Fenrir with his cloak protecting his body.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

"Your cloak..." Squinting at the man, Rika muttered.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

"Can stop the bullets" With a serious face, Rika easily noticed how the bullets embedded into the skin and fell a little at a time on the ground.

"Sudden Throwing Strike" Suddenly showing himself, Fenrir took his two katanas and swung them quickly, then moved his body and threw them.

[A/N: The other day I saw a comment saying if it's necessary to say the names of the moves before attacking, and I hadn't thought about that before, but I think I found some logic in it. I don't know if you realize, but every time you say the name of the skill, it usually manifests in vapor or something similar coming out of the nose or mouth. If we consider these to be breathing techniques, a person speaking, changes their breathing completely, causing my thinking to come to that point. Maybe saying certain words helps them with their breathing?]

*Thud* *Thud*

"Master!" Quickly getting up, Saeko didn't even bother to see if the attackers were still alive and ran over to Fenrir with concern, then carefully picking him up and checking every part of his torso.

"*Sigh* It's okay" Holding her hand to her heart, Saeko's face instantly turned cold and she turned her gaze to where the gunshots came from, then quickly ran towards the place.

Crossing the street, Saeko found two people with katanas stuck in their necks "They're already dead..."

Frowning slightly, Saeko crouched down next to the two men and looked at the strange substance they were bathed in "Blood?"

"..." Staring at the men, Saeko turned her gaze to Fenrir and muttered "So that's why I don't detect human smells... they bathed in zombie blood... but why would they do that?"

"How are they?" approaching Saeko, Rika asked, then looked at the corpses and clicked her tongue "Tsk, an accurate hit, looks like I can't underestimate your 'master'"

"Rika-san, these people are bathed in blood from those things... what do you think it's good for?"

"They bathed in infected blood?" Frowning deeply, Rika approached the corpses and crouched down beside them "It's hard to say why they would..."

"Isn't it obvious?" Coming out of nowhere, Saya adjusted her glasses and spoke "It's a theory I hadn't thought of but... if we consider that animals are guided by smells, if a pig smells like a tiger, wouldn't it be able to fool the tiger?"

"Just like it fooled Fenrir's sense of smell..."

"Are you thinking that if we bathe in the blood of those things we can fool them?"

"It would be hard to say, it's just a guess" Shrugging, Saya continued "But I don't recommend doing that, keep in mind that you only need to get a scratch or get a little blood inside your body to get infected... you get injured with this blood on you, and you're already dead."

"Not to mention that if you get blood on your face it could get in your eyes or mouth" Nodding with understanding, Rika continued "If it works, it would be a good countermeasure to these zombies, but..."

"It should only be used in case of emergency, the risk is too high."

"Yes..."

Looking at the guns lying on the side, Rika sighed and took the weapons, then checked the corpses and took out ammunition and knives "Let's go, the noise will attract unwanted attention, we have many supplies to protect".

"Mn" Pulling out the two katanas, Saeko looked at the corpses coldly and snorted, then walked over to Fenrir and meekly handed them to him.

"Let's go."

...

After more than 4 hours of traveling, the group finally left the city completely and arrived at a small farm on the seafront away from everything.

"If I'm not mistaken..." Looking around, Yuriko muttered "The tunnel must be in the garage."

"Let's go carefully, we don't know if there are people here."

"There shouldn't be, when everything  started , my husband was here, he brought all the people he had on the island and on the farm to the mansion" Shaking her head, Yuriko replied.

"Then everything should be safe" Nodding, Rika took the safety off her M4 and led the way to the farm, while Fenrir as usual was a few meters behind.

Arriving at the site, the group smoothly entered the terrain and parked the amphibious vehicle in front of the farm.

Looking all around, Saeko approached Fenrir and asked "Master, do you manage to sense anyone?"

"*Sniff*" Sniffing the air repeatedly, Fenrir finally crouched down and placed his hands on the ground "Seventh Form: Spatial Awareness."

Letting out a large amount of steam from his mouth, Fenrir closed his eyes and began to sense everything around him, so that after 30 seconds, he opened his eyes again and muttered "Nothing..."

"Thank you" Smiling softly, Saeko took Fenrir's hand and led him towards the vehicle, then looked at Rika and spoke "All the area clear, no humans, no zombies"

"Yes?" Staring at the quiet man, Rika was silent for a few seconds and sighed "Then let's look for the tunnel".

"It should be around here somewhere" Walking to the garage to the side, Yuriko looked at the door in front of her and opened it "No keys, they must have left in a hurry"

Entering the garage, Yuriko looked to the side and focused on a small rug in the corner, then walked over to it and picked it up.

"Here it is" Looking at the wood covering the hole, Yuriko crouched down and moved it to the side, managing to see beyond it a metal ladder leading them down.

Approaching quickly, Rika looked at the hole and muttered, "I'll go first."

"How will we carry all the stuff? It's a lot for so few people" Turning her gaze to the vehicle, Yuriko asked.

"Mmmm..." Turning her gaze sideways, Rika looked at Fenrir and smiled "We can have that man drag them, we wrap everything in a blanket and with his strength, he should have no trouble getting to the island."

"It's better if we all go together" Approaching Rika, Saya spoke "We don't know what's on the other side, but if you go alone and don't come back for some reason, we won't leave you and we'll end up going to look for you... that would lead to more dangers since we lose strength if we're not a team"

"..." Looking at the young woman in front of her, Rika chuckled and nodded "Then let's start unloading and getting everything ready, I'll go down and see that there's nothing nearby, I'll also get the supplies."

"Mn."

...

"So this is the island..." Coming out of a cave, Rika set the boxes of supplies on the ground and looked at the large terrain in front of her "It's beautiful..."

"It's nice that the tunnel leads instantly to the outside, I'd die of exhaustion if we had to climb all this" Wiping the sweat from her forehead, Kiriko smiled and lay down on the ground.

"Is that our house?" Lying down next to Yuriko, Saya asked.

"Yes..."

The house is just as Yuriko said, a traditional Japanese house with a small garden next to the hundreds of trees on the island.

"Those crops..." Squinting, Rika continued, "It's hydrangea."

"Hydrangea?"

"Yes, it is a plant that in many countries is common, but they have great effects on the human body... the feeling of a person who consumes it, is equal to being drunk, only it is also often used as an aphrodisiac, in Japan it is strictly forbidden."

"And here we have about 5 hectares of crops... we will have to take everything out and prepare the land" Sighing, Yuriko continued "Can plants affect us?"

"Mmmm" Holding her hand to her chin, Rika turned her gaze to the women accompanying her and hid her smile as she shook her head "Not at all, it doesn't harm the human body as long as you don't burn it."

"Even so... this is beautiful" Lying down next to Saya, Rei looked at the house surrounded by grass and murmured "Looks like we went on vacation..."

"It's a nice area" Nodding, Rika looked at the trees surrounding the whole place and smiled "The trees were obviously planned to cover this whole interior, that means no one from outside will see us until they walk through here, this area is relatively hidden and we shouldn't have any problems."

"What will we do with the cave? Zombies could come from it, it's dangerous" Turning her gaze, Saya asked.

"We arrived" Holding Fenrir's hand, Saeko put the boxes on the ground and smiled.

-------------------------------------------

Edited by: YASH_MATHUR

Discord: https://discord.gg/VtHg4GqXtq

11