Helping Kiba-2
2.6k 5 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The now dragonic white Issei was running through the air, kicking at the air below him as his white wings beat along with his speed. He was unsure as the mathematics of how fast he was going was hard to do while he was in the amount of pain he was in.

If anyone else considered doing this it would be suicide, not even from the blood loss from the start, but the pain alone would bring most to their knees. It felt like millions of needles were slowly carving their way through his skin, and he wasn't getting the quick experience either.

It was slow as if he was experiencing it many more times slower than it was actually happening, slowly and painfully.

Just breathing made it worse, but he was actively running at an insane speed, magic ahead of him negating wind resistance so he went even faster.

~Part-~

'Don't Ddraig, it hurts enough without hearing how sad you sound.'

~Why go so far?~

Issei remained in silence for a bit before he spoke. 'Ddraig, I don't know all of what you've experienced... I'm sure you've experienced loss and pain in your own right... I once lost a lot of people, simply because I didn't do all I could. There were many reasons as to why it happened, but the main reason was simply that I didn't try my hardest... These people? The entirety of Rias' Peerage, and those I'm still meeting? They mean a lot to me. I know it's the devil's enhanced emotional sensitivity that is also affecting me, but that's also fine... Simply because if it's 'Enhanced' that means I still feel it, it's just easier to feel it now.'

'Kiba's anger is... Deep, and consuming. It's calmed down a lot, but it's still there. The sooner I can help him with this, the better he will be. Not only will he grow as a person, but it will take a large weight off his shoulders... Of course there is always a chance of them starting the project again, but at least with this. It will stop innocent lives from being dragged into a living hell for at least a little longer.'

~I thought you weren't a hero, Issei?~

'I'm not... I just use that as an excuse to further justify my actions to help those I care for... But it's really because when it comes to people I care for, I'm willing to break backs. Even if it's my own... Heh. I'd help anyone I love at the same extent, even more.'

~Eve-~

'Especially you Ddraig... You know, for an ancient dragon, you've got a lot of trust issues.'

Suddenly Issei kicked upwards with his back legs and descended rapidly, crashing onto the hood of a car as he use his jaw to rip the entirety of the top of it off.

Panicked the people in robes look at the white dragon before them. Its blue eyes stared at them hard, people in other cars came to a stop as they began to charge toward the dragon.

Issei reached a clawed hand forward, pressing a claw against a particularly fat priest's chest.

In a voice not his own, perfectly matched to a certain fart in the wind vanishing dragon.

''Valper Galilei. You're mine now.''

Suddenly the priest was taken away, vanishing on the spot as Issei then swept his tail around, hitting the few that had gotten close enough to him. He saw one familiar-looking person before he took off into the air once more, quickly vanishing into the clouds above.

Nameless priest. ''DAMNIT! Find out who, or what faction that dragon was a part of! There can't be that many white and blue dragons that can move that fast!''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issei entered the cave, his scaled slowly shivering as the white look to them began to flake off, revealing the blood red color beneath. His steps were getting slower as he made his way forward towards Kiba.

Kiba had cried, a lot to be exact. But he had gotten the answers he needed, having already activated the chair. Watching it forcibly drag someone through, all be it a bit scary...

It felt satisfying to watch as well.

''Issei... Damn you look like hell, your mana is low as well, do you have enough to...?''

''Yes, we specifically saved more than enough for the transport, the second time will be rougher for you, so when we get back, just rest for a few hours... How do you feel bud?''

Kiba looked down to the dragon on all fours looking up to him, a smirk slowly forming before he spoke. ''Smug, now that I'm taller then you."

''Haha, get on.'' Issei laughed dryly before he shifted a wing for Kiba.

Kiba got onto his back, shifting a bit as he got a good hold onto him. ''I'm ready.''

Issei sunk his claws into the ground, and with one more burst of dragonic energy, they were gone once more.

The moment they returned to the previous under water cave, Kiba tore a piece of a paper, another portal immediately appeared beneath Issei as he vanished.

Appearing inside the research room he slumped to the ground, Kiba getting off him just as he moved to hurl into a trash can, the first teleport was rough, but using the paper immediately may've been a mistake, but he felt like Issei was barely holding himself up.

Which he was right, as Issei slumped to the ground Ddraig's deep voice spoke out as Koneko began to lift Issei's dragonic form onto her shoulders, struggling only little.

~"Kiba needs to rest for a few hours... Partner needs a lot more rest, prepare filling meals. Don't use a tear, let him heal naturally. It will take longer, but it will provide better benefits.''~

Rias spoke up as Akeno helped Kiba to his room. ''Koneko, take him to my room. Tell Akeno to meet me in there as well once she finished.''

Koneko gave a resolute nod as she carried Issei away.

As they walked and soon got out of ear reach of the others, Koneko spoke up.

''You don't need to respond... But I accidentally looked into the files you have about my sister... I was looking for the snacks you hide away because I was stress eating again... When I saw it, at first I got really angry, I was ready to beat you up, no matter how badly you were hurt when you got back... But I read through it... Are the things on it real?... Did she really save me from that? Just... Please don't get my hopes up.''

~"You know Koneko... It's true, I remember the rage Issei felt when he read further and further into it when he actually pulled the rocks no one else was willing to look under. The so-called master your sister 'Went Beserk' and killed? Was no master, but a dog in devil flesh. Your sister had every right to kill him... She did so in sound mind as well."~

''Ddraig?... You're old, right? Should I be trying to hide my real self?''

~"Does Issei? He has been nothing but honest, to others, and to himself. No one here will hate you at all... In fact, Issei expressed how much he would love to pet between your ears... Take some time Koneko, and think it over. Everyone will be with you no matter what you decide."~

''Thank you, Ddraig... How is Issei?''

~"Conscious, all be it barely. I don't know how, but when you started talking he was able to rouse himself just enough to be able to understand, but he's in no condition to respond... But I can tell you he will be fine, stronger than ever, he just needs to rest for a while."~

"Go to sleep Issei, we'll take care of everything while you rest."

She didn't get a response, but feeling how the dragonic head resting over hers seemed to get just a little heavier, she assumed he passed out.

(Made an extra chapter on Patreon today, so I thought I might as well release an extra chapter, because I love ya'll. -Socks on-.)

 

 

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

96