Life Changes-Start of School
513 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Issei looked at himself in the mirror, his physique was far better cut than it was before, he wasn't fat or anything, just average with no muscles, but now after a strict two-and-a-half-month diet, protein, and the proper nutrition, he's added quite a few pounds of muscle that was starting to get noticeable in the mirror.

His height was also going up, he noticed it when he could no longer see the top of his hair in the mirror, seems he still had some growing left which was good. It would help him work on his gains better.

He flexed once more, getting that little extra bit of self-love in before he put on his shirt and blazer for his school uniform.

Issei had lost the strange hairstyle that made his hair stick out and instead started to wear his hair in a loose ponytail, having freshly shaved that morning he looked good in his uniform.

The problem is he noticed his it was a bit tight around his chest, shoulders and his thighs, it should be fine as long as he doesn't get up to anything crazy, but he'll need to go shopping for more uniforms after all.

Talking about shopping, Issei was now... Comfortably wealthy, not dropping a few thousand on a watch kind of wealthy, but he now had enough saved away that it was double of his college fund. From taking a few odd jobs when he wanted to experience something different for a few days, helping out at the Gym he signed up for, and the allowance he still got from his parents and barely spending any of it netted good profit.

As well as selling countless incredibly expensive figurines to the point that the only ones he had left were neat mech ones, a few ones that still needed buildings and games.

He straightened his tie in the mirror, it was a pretty warm day today so he laid his blazer over his bag and then clipped it to his trousers on the back of them.

Issei's phone buzzed and he pulled it out of his pants pocket and took a look at it. It was a notification from the school's group page.

You could have it set up were hot topics past a certain like count would send a notification, his was quite high so he decided to look.

It was a picture of a guy walking into the school grounds, picture angle was facing down so it was most likely from the school's second floor or so, but what he noticed was who it was. It was Motohama with a fresh haircut, no glasses and his cheeks looking thinner, looks like he did some exercising of his own.

Issei whistled lowly. ''Look at my boy, he's all grown up... Sad Matsuda couldn't join us in turning his life around.'' Issei sighed a bit, putting his phone back into his pocket.

Turns out when Motohama tried to talk to Matsuda, it went downhill fast, he was even trying to gaslight them back to their old selves, after about a week of ignoring the messages he was sending, Matsuda had sent a small paragraph, almost like a breakup text then blocked Issei.

It was, sad to lose a friend. But they wouldn't be routed in the past, it was time to move forward.

Granted, the 'new' Issei didn't mind to much, Matsuda took his 'Lolicon' thing a little too far that it was borderline uncomfortable. 

Making sure he got everything, having already grabbed breakfast for himself since both his parents were already out for the day.

Heading out of the house he locked it up behind him and returned his keys to the front left clip of his trousers as he walked.

The school wasn't technically far from his house so he wasn't in a hurry to get there, enjoying the morning air while he walked.

Sometimes, he thought about how some of the supernatural got away with things, like yeah there was magic, but after walking around a bit for the first week he was here, Issei learned that people were on their phones pretty often, or if they weren't most people would instead focus on the ground ahead of them, making sure not to make eye contact.

It took him about fifteen minutes to get to school, making him still pretty early as he headed in. He got a few looks, more confusion then anything until he put his shoes into his locker and changed into the ones for school.

Soon he was in his homeroom and sitting in his seat, he noticed both Matsuda and Motohama.

Matsuda glared at him but turned away, and Motohama gave him a look before raising an arm to show his bicep and patting at it, a brow raised.

Guy code, Issei rolled up his sleeve and raised his arm and gave a flex curl. A few of the girls that were there noticed and they looked confused at their interaction, but the guys understood, some even nodded understandingly.

Motohama gave him a grin and a thumbs-up before returning to his phone.

Issei's phone started to vibrate a lot again so he took it out, it might be important and after checking. It was just another school group thing, but this time it was about him. How the 'Perverted Trio' seem to be broken up.

Some commented how Matsuda was in a really foul mood, and worse than usual but there were no antics from Issei and Motohama.

It wasn't until they had sat down that people started blowing up the post, saying who they actually were, and a lot of the people were surprised at the change.

Issei looked up to find some people in the class staring at him, but Motohama showed his phone from across the class, showing the group page and Issei nodded.

Sending a message to Motohama.

<Man, who knew a haircut was all it took?> 

<I'm surprised myself, after I got it done and got my contacts I was the surprised Pikachu meme, you look way different too.> M

<A lot of protein and proper dieting, I've got abs now.>

<Send me your routine?> M

Issei knew that everyone had their own specific routines, so instead he sent some information about a nutritionist that Issei used that would help him with the diet and recommended him the gym he was going to, as well as sending him the contact information of one of the private instructors.

He got a thumbs up as a response before he heard a soft cough to his side.

Turning and looking up he locked eyes with someone that looked familiar, his brows scrunching slightly.

''You're from the student council, right?'' Issei asked.

The woman nodded. ''Tomoe Meguri, I've come to get you because the Student President want's to speak with you.''

Issei checked the time and realized he's still got fifteen minutes before the bell would ring anyway, so he stood up, setting his bag on his desk and leaving his blazer he began to follow the woman.

There were no attempts at small talk as they walked, though Issei faced forward where he was going, he noticed how occasionally he would get a side look from Tomoe.

Soon they were in the student council room and as Issei looked around he had to suppress the smirk that was rising.

This room screamed rich princess... What kind of school budget has room for a place like this? This was definitely out of her own pocket, not that he cared.

The school's sports classes and clubs did good work to help earn money for the school.

Once Sona looked up from her papers Issei gave her a nod of his head. ''You wanted to see me, President?''

''Yes... Would you like to take a seat, and play a game of chess?''

Issei sat in one of the chairs across from her overly fancy desk, raising his hand slightly, and shaking his head.

''I'll take the seat, but no game of Chess, I'm not that good at it.''

''Issei, I called you in here because we have to speak about your behavior for this school year... What happened last year can not happen this year. I've already spoken with Matsuda and despite his... Aggression, he has agreed to be better.''

Issei pulled out his phone, opened up the private message between him and Matsuda, and showed the group chat they had used to be in.

''The 'Trio' broke up, me and Motohama are still friends but when summer started, we decided to change how we live, focus on our life and living it, you can see here that whereas me and Motohama handled the 'break up' well, Matsuda didn't.''

Sona took the phone from his hands, adjusting her glasses as she scrolled the conversation, her lips thinning a bit due to how off the wall Matsuda had been during the messages, the gas lighting, and other blatant threats to them for 'betraying him.'

''I see... I doubt you would go this far for just a joke or a cover-up.'' Sona said as she passed his phone back, which he took after returning to the home screen, not trying to hide the space background he had chosen that showed an incredibly good picture of the stars. Knowing that there was a member of the council standing not too far behind him.

He didn't have supernatural senses yet, but he hasn't been slacking at all. He's even been trying to wake up Ddraig, with no luck yet.

He's however been able to sharpen his senses and instinct, though not by much.

Tomoe leaned down, whispering something into Sona's ear.

Sona showed her professionalism as the slight displeasure that flashed across her face to the suggestion lasted no more then a moment before she seemed to rationalize the thought.

She watched Issei a moment before her eyes flicked briefly to the woman standing behind Issei, he didn't react but he saw the blatant flash of magic through the reflection of Sona's glasses.

''Then, just to confirm you have no intentions to returning to how you used to be, which includes not harassing people?''

Issei felt... Compelled to answer truthfully, he noticed it immediately, any self-control he had quickly slipped away... He could lie, but it would be hard, something was helping him from losing himself in the spell she most likely cast on him.

''None at all, I just want to focus on my schooling and continue to better my health, to make my parents proud, and to make sure I'm strong enough for the future. Mentally and Physically.''

It took an effort to not just spill the beans of everything he knew, even if it was mostly vague details, but he found it easier by telling the truth, but not letting the magic make him overextend...

Even then it felt like he said more than he originally wanted to.

Sona's eyes flicked back to the woman behind Issei and he felt the magic leave him... Was that how demonic energy felt?

It feels like something in him was stirring... Was it getting hotter in here?

 

27