Battle Trial- Finale
793 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Uraraka and Ojiro stood with the bomb beside them, staring at the window, they had to switch buildings because of the destruction Bakugo caused in the previous building.

This one wasn't all that different, just an additional floor.

''What's the plan?'' Ojiro asked.

''Honestly... I have been thinking about it the entire time the teams got announced, and I think our best bet is two plans.''

Ojiro nodded as Uraraka continued.

''Plan A: Attack them first, the moment the bell rings, we drop down from the top floor and push our surprise advantage... The goal is that if I can even just graze Todorki, I can put him into the air. He needs contact with something to activate his powers so he would be near useless in the air.''

Ojiro nodded, it was a good plan, he didn't know Uraraka well, but he did know she had martial arts training since he's seen her in a few martial arts tournaments before.

''Momo is a big problem, her quirk allows her to be unpredictable in any environment if we give her time to think, so we need to push hard and fast.''

''Plan B... If we can't get Todorki into the air and subdue Momo, we retreat, you can use your tail to jump between buildings, I'll make us weightless and we'll return to the top floor quickly, one we do... We'll take the bomb, head to the roof, and then jump to another building, try and run out the clock.''

Ojiro nodded once more. ''A good pair of plans if any, I have no objection, just an addition.''

''Yes?'' Uraraka asked, interested in his opinion.

''Let me go down first, maybe if they see only me, they will think you stayed behind to protect the bomb, as you are also the better one to choose to do so. Then As I get their intention, you can sneak up on them.''

Uraraka's brows went up a bit, running it through her head, would they believe that? Well, it would be their best chance, so she nodded. ''That sounds good. I'll make your clothes and shoes weightless.''

Ojiro nodded as she did, after a few more practice moves, he got used to the new weight, he felt light but he could still deliver a solid blow if he worked for it.

''If I yell now, could you release them?'' Ojiro asked, to which Uraraka nodded.

Moving over they slowly opened the window and waited, as soon as the bell rang, Ojiro leaped from the top of the building, using his tail as a balance as he spin through the air and aimed downwards at them.

The both of them looked up as Todoroki noticed the shadow, ice incasing his arm as he braced himself only to hear Ojiro roar. ''NOW!"

Suddenly it felt like a massive weight hit Todoroki's arm, he felt his arm scream as his arm despite the ice making his body more sturdy strained, being pushed down into his shoulders as he already got his first wound.

He shouldn't have tried to meet that head on and instead of moved, only for his eyes to blur as suddenly Ojiro used his tail that had built up momentum to strike his abdomen.

Breath escaped his nose as he was tossed backward a few feet, still landing on his feet as he breathed hard holding his stomach.

He's taken harder hits, but it never got easier to take them if he was surprised.

That's right, he was fighting Ojiro, someone quite famous in the martial arts world because of how he seamlessly switched between his feet, hands, body as a whole, and tail.

It only going to show better as he locked into a combat encounter with Momo.

To her credit she pulled a taser from her arm and tried to get Ojiro, who instead of dodging let it hit his tail, causing his body to only momentarily freeze up before the hit went through and he through Momo back into the wall.

Justin that was still in the room let out a low whistle of approval as he watched Ojiro straight dog on two people at once. Everyone had taken an interest in the fight now.

Back to the field, Ojiro shook his tail as the last bits of electricity ran through it. It cramped up a bit but he ignored it for now as he turned to focus on Todoroki who was already catching his breath and standing up. Ice built up around him before he suddenly had his vision blur as a hit came from the side against his temple.

He felt his world spin a bit before he felt someone grab his arm and spin him around in a grapple throw.

He felt his back hit the pavement and then he was suddenly floating in the air, he felt a piece of tape wrap around him just as Momo also got subdued.

''VILLIAN TEAM WINS! Both Heros subdued!''

All Might was practically vibrating with excitement as he watched, he never thought it would be like this, both Momo and Todoroki were recommended students that had gotten in without the practical examination.

Seeing this happen suddenly made a lot of Hope enter the Symbol of Peace's muscles, he had high hopes for this year's hero course.

As Justin watched Uraraka suddenly come up from behind and strike Todoroki's temple with that hit, a tear almost came to his eye. He had taught her that kick, and exactly how much force to put behind it to rock someone's world or to put them six feet under.

Seeing her immediately move into an over-the-shoulder grapple throw made him all that more proud. He left, heading towards the field since Todorki had flown quite far into the air.

Once he leaped and caught ahold of Todoroki he landed into a building, taking the tape off him and setting him down. ''Did you learn anything?''

''What do you mean?'' Todoroki looked up to Justin, his eyes burning with anger.

''Don't underestimate anyone... Your plan was going to be just to freeze the entire building, then calmly walk in and take the bomb, right? See that wouldn't have worked either, because even if you were able to freeze the floor. Uraraka keeps a baton on her, she could've broken the ice, taken Ojiro and the bomb, and started jumping between buildings.''

Todoroki's brows furrowed as he began to think.

''Would you have tried to freeze the entire city? That's smart, sure. But what not just let Momo create a few drones, and use them to surveillance the city for them, or even just the building?''

Todoroki lost the air in his sails pretty quickly, the self loathing starting to come out as Justin suddenly slapped him across the back of the head, causing the boy to return to anger as he glared up to him.

''I don't know about your past... Well, that's a lie. I do know about your past, quite in depth I might add.''

Justin crouched in front of Todoroki, his face rapidly changing before the face of a pale man was looking at Todorki, with clear blue eyes and a sharp gaze... There was something formal about him.

When Todoroki focused on him, his brows went up suddenly as he realized something. ''You were the doctor who healed my Mom?''

''Yeah.'' Justin's face shifted back to show his usual face, grinning. ''She told me a lot, you know? Look man... I get you want to surpass your father without using your flames, but think about this...''

Justin say down beside Todoroki. ''Even if you don't use your flames, and rise to the top. Aren't you still following his dream?''

Todoroki's brows went up as his eyes widened, he never thought about it like that.

''Now think about this, your Dad? Cold bastard, cares nothing about social standing, or popularity, and simply does his job, and he fights for it. He had brought himself to the top of the hero rankings with pure skill, determination, and a lot of self-discipline. It's not cool that he's trying to force his ideals onto you, nor is it cool him trying to use you you pass up All Might.''

''But, Todoroki, imagine if your Mother could one day look at your flames, as the flames that saved people? Imagine if she could view your flames on-screen one day, to see you encased in her ice and his flames. And just maybe, for a moment. She thinks ''Those flames can be used to make people smile.''

He offered Todoroki a slip of paper, who took it and opened it.

It was a note, the writing all too familiar as his eyes began to cloud up. It was from his mother, with the simple words 'Fight On' written across it.

Todoroki began to cry, it wasn't loud sobs, just soft and quiet tears. He clutched the paper a bit tighter before he spoke.

''Can you help me?... I know you're different from everyone else... You already have your license, don't you?''

Justin chuckled, nodding. ''It's off the books, but yeah... Nezu got it for me shortly after the Nozomi Bank incident... But Todoroki.''

Justin turned to wave to the grounds and all of the lands. His finger pointed towards the school. ''That is why you are here, right? To learn, to grow, to become a hero... Not just another hero, but you want to be THE hero, right? Well everyone here will help you.''

Justin brushed himself as he stood, before offering his hand to Todoroki. ''I know it will take you time to get over your flames still, but we'll help you, the school, your new classmates, and your new friends... I'm sure your Mother would be happy to see you fighting at your best, with both of your strengths, instead of hating yourself for something you couldn't control, to begin with.''


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

27