Chapter 26: We don’t understand the world of the intelligent ones (Edited)
153 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Irma Pince was the librarian. She appeared in front of Tom and Hermione a few steps from the library. Mrs. Pince was a thin old woman who looked like a malnourished vulture.

She glanced at Tom and Hermione and said sternly, "Hogwarts students may read or borrow books here, either to learn about their subject or simply for pleasure. The library closes at eight o'clock in the evening."

"Books must be checked in and returned on time, no defacing of books is allowed. Please do not make noise in the library," Mrs. Pince gave the two a brief explanation of the library rules and then intended to leave, but when she saw the two of them go deeper into the library, she immediately rushed towards them and told them that the deepest part of the library was a restricted area and that young wizards could not check out books there without a teacher's permission.

"Have you read the books in the forbidden section, then, professor?" Tom thought hard about the peculiarities of the librarian's position.

"You don't have to call me professor, you can just call me 'madam,'" said Mrs. Pince, still with a stern face, "The library has countless books, how can anyone read them all?"

'So you've read a lot?" muttered Tom in his mind.

Although it was the afternoon of the first day of school, but there were still a few people in the library, mostly Ravenclaw students at first glance. Thanks to Mrs. Pince's strict control, the library was quiet, unlike a Muggle library, where there were always annoying kids making a lot of noise.

Tom and Hermione found a corner and sat down, then pulled their lesson notes for the day out of their backpacks and began to sort them out, not really sort them out, but Tom was scribbling down Hermione's notes on the history of magic, while Hermione held Tom's Potions class notes and compared them for any discrepancies. Since Tom's quill did not need to be dipped in ink, he was able to copy the notes fairly quickly and the notes were copied in no time.

Once the day's lesson was over, the two began to do what they wanted to do. Hermione pulled out a copy of the 'Standard Spells' Book to practice the spells she would learn tomorrow, while Tom pulled out the 'Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration' that Professor McGonagall had given him and continued 'studying' transfiguration.

There was silence. The time passed in a flash, and Tom had only gotten through a few pages of the book, mostly because it was an old book, and its classic phrases, coupled with the magical vocabulary, made it very difficult for him to read.

After an hour of reading, Tom felt his head was swollen with so much knowledge and he scrunched up the bridge of his nose, feeling that he needed a break, so he called up the system panel. To the outside world, it looked like Tom was sitting there in a daze, tired from his studies.

[Tom Yodel (wind)]

[Profession: Mage's Apprentice]

[Magic Spells: Protego Spell Level 0 (99/100 - advance?), Lumos Charm Level 0 (78/100), Recovery Charm Level (99/100 - advance?), Levitation Charm Level 0 (99/100 - advance?)...]

[Theory of Knowledge: [Potions Level 0 (10/100)]

[Transfiguration Level 0 (2/100)]

[Magical Items: Wand (acacia wood, horned water snake horn, thirteen inches), Compatibility: 97%, boggart soul ring (witch, three-headed dog, remaining blanks: 3)]

[Talents]

[Enchantment: 3 (Intermediate Talent)]

[Potions: 5 (Superior Talent)]

[Divination: 2 (No Talent)]

[Transfiguration: 4 (Intermediate Talent)]

...

[Black Magic: 9+ (Azkaban)]

[Magical Stones: 47950]

The character interface of the system has changed quite a bit. First of all, the character has a new attribute: wind.

Attribute wind? Tom looked at this attribute and pondered: he was a male with the wind attribute,

So, is he a wind man? I don't know what this attribute does, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I'm afraid this attribute is due to Ravenclaw, if he was in Gryffindor he would be fire, in Slytherin he would be water.

The profession had also changed, he was no longer a wanderer, but a wizard apprentice, with Potions and Transfiguration added to his theory of knowledge. Tom looked at the experience bar a bit and guessed that the pattern was that each lesson increased half as many talent points per hour, while self-study increased half as many talent points per hour. Let's say he had two Potions lessons today, and his Potions talent was 5, so he ended up with 10 experience points, while his Transfiguration talent was 4, and he self-studied for an hour, so he gained two experience points. And I'm afraid that this kind of learning is effective, as opposed to the useless work of copying notes.

As for magic spells, it is best not to mention that those with full experience still need an advancement mission and prerequisites to reach level 1, for example, the level 1 protego spell requires a level 1 magic spell and a level 1 black magic defense spell.

Last and most important are the magic stones. Other than the 96 rounds he drew when he first unlocked the system, Tom hasn't touched the draw screen since then, after all, it's not easy to get magic stones, and after all this time, he's only getting close to 48,000, after all, the only way to get a steady income is the 40 magic stones from the daily quests, and the achievements are too unstable....

But if you have a 6 in your Divination talent, you could be a Seer....

[Study in the library for more than an hour, come to the library on the first day of class, what a hard worker! Reward: Entangled Fate x 1]

As Tom scrolled through his panel, a message popped up that caught his eye, he thought it was an achievement or something, but it turned out to be a different reward.

"Entangled Destiny? What's that?" he wondered, and then, with a click, a line appeared.

[Limited Draw Object: the seed of destiny that binds dreams together, the glow of the magic stone intertwines destinies that would otherwise not intersect, linking each other's dreams, just as this glow connects the stars in a figure of the heart's desire].

The sentence following the colon was confusing, but Tom, who is a very good keyword catcher, saw the words "limited" and "Sweepstakes" so clearly that he could feel his heart beat faster and his blood pressure rise: "limited"! A Sweepstakes! Isn't it limited to only characters from the current issue being able to come out?

Suddenly he felt like crying, he could finally get rid of Professor Trelawney! Tom made up his mind that the next time the limited draw opened, he would turn it upside down!

Tom switched off the system and found Hermione still reading the 'Standard Spells' book with great interest.

"Aren't you tired?" Tom asked curiously.

"No," Hermione said, tearing her eyes away from the book, "I feel like reading is a break."

Tom: "..."

Indeed, I still can't figure out the smart world.

1