Chapter 30 Transfiguration (Edited)
155 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tom had to take the lead, as the first person to cast the fire spell would probably get extra points and a high chance of triggering an achievement.

He looked at Professor Flitwick, who thought he was nervous and gave him an encouraging smile.

With Professor Flitwick's permission, Tom pulled out his wand, "(Incendio)!"

A flame thinner than a lighter's tongue erupted from the tip of Tom's wand and landed on the podium.

"Oh, well done!" Professor Flitwick exclaimed, clasping his hands together, "Look everyone, Mr. Yodel has done it! One more point for Ravenclaw!"

[For the glory of Ravenclaw! For the glory of Ravenclaw!]

[For the glory of Ravenclaw! Successfully earn points for Ravenclaw x 1].

[Magic stones + 10]

[The little genie became the first person in the class to use the fire enchantment].

[Magic stones +10]

[Demonstration is appreciated by Professor Flitwick]

[Magic stones +10]

With three achievements appearing at once, Tom earned 30 magic stones and opened the door to a new world.

After Professor Flitwick instructed several students on how to use the fire spell, the class passed quickly. As Tom had hoped, after class, he had added a Charm tab to his Knowledge and Theory section, which also added three experience points. However, it seems that Quirrell is not good enough, the system does not approve his lectures at all, he has given a lecture, but in the end, the system has not even unlocked the Defense Against the Dark Arts tab....

It seems that bad teaching is not recognized by the system, and no experience is gained. It makes all the sense in the world, what's the difference between an hour of serious reading in the library and an hour of fun? If you can gain experience by slacking off, then Tom should sleep in the library.

Next up for them was Professor McGonagall's Transfiguration class.

Professor McGonagall was different from all the other professors. Professor Quirrell was weak and incompetent, Professor Flitwick was like a fairytale dwarf, Professor Snape was a villain, and Professor McGonagall was strict and intelligent. It is said that when Professor McGonagall was first sorted, the Sorting Hat mulled over putting her in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor for almost ten minutes before finally following his own wishes and placing her in Gryffindor.

In the first class, she put on a show for the little wizards. Upon entering the classroom, the first thing the young wizards saw was not Professor McGonagall, but a tiger-spotted cat. But after everyone arrived, the tabby cat suddenly turned into the serious looking Professor McGonagall, which really surprised most of the students, after all, not all students were invited by Professor McGonagall.

She tapped the table to bring the classroom back to silence. "The most complex and difficult of the classes currently taught at Hogwarts is Transfiguration, so anyone who tries to disrupt my class will be asked to leave, and once expelled, you will not return, and don't say I didn't warn you."

Professor McGonagall's words silenced the entire class, no one in Professor McGonagall's class dared to make any noise, not even a Slytherin student. After all, Professor Snape would never be upset if his own students were expelled. To have Professor Snape grovel before Professor McGonagall, begging her to forgive his student? That would be even more humiliating for Snape than being Harry's godfather.

Tom got serious too: in Professor McGonagall's class, it was best not to be naughty, it would be embarrassing if you stepped out of line.

It seemed that all teachers had to show off their magic before starting a class, and Professor McGonagall was no exception. She pulled out her wand and waved it at the lecture table next to her, which turned into a huge, fat white pig that wiggled its snout and moved towards the students, but with a wave of her hand, turned back into the lectern.

This also caught the attention of the students. They wanted to start learning Transfiguration right away, but soon realized that they were about seven Quirrell professors away from Professor McGonagall, and it would be a long time before they could do what Professor McGonagall had just done,

How long depends on the person; most people can't do it before they graduate anyway.

Tom sat in the front row to receive the questions, and watched the whole transfiguration in detail: the pig that Professor McGonagall had created was impeccable, he could even feel the hot air coming out of its snout, the only drawback was that it was too clean, but that was normal, no one wanted to smell a pig in a closed classroom.

There are only four words to describe the level of Professor McGonagall's skills: terrifying! Tom took a breath of cold air, contributing to the global warming. The podium was dead, the pig was alive, and Professor McGonagall was able to switch between these two life forms, and it seemed that the pig had a conscience of its own!

Tom was curious: Was the pig really behaving like a pig, or was it being manipulated by Professor McGonagall like a puppet on a string? It took only a moment for Professor McGonagall to demonstrate the mysteries of the magical world and its power.

Yes, guns are far better than wands in a head-on battle, but if wizards hide in the shadows, they can be a formidable force. After all, Professor McGonagall, who could turn a podium into a pig, could naturally turn a mincer into a sizzling kebab.

Professor McGonagall would write on the blackboard and make the students take a lot of complicated notes, so that they would understand what was the most complicated course: this is simply an advanced mathematics course in the magical world!

After the difficult theoretical part, the class moved on to the practical part of Transfiguration. He gave each student a match and began asking them to try to turn it into a needle. You will never know the difficulties of transfiguration until you have tried it.

Tom was familiar with the theoretical aspects, but when it came to the practical side of things, he was lost, his magic output was either too high or too low, and he could never get the match to change the way he wanted it to, and even accidentally broke it. But instead of reprimanding him for it, Professor McGonagall took a good look at the broken match, looked at the cross-section and gave him an encouraging "Alright, the head of your match has turned pointy and the cross-section metallic, you just need to control the magic output."

Hermione, at Tom's side, moved quickly forward, with a flick of her wand, the match on her table twisted, thinner overall, and one end became more pointed, with a metallic sheen. Hermione looked pleased, and her eyes grew brighter under her disheveled hair. By the end of the class, only Hermione had managed to make her matches look perfect: they looked more like needles than matches. The other young wizards were good enough to make the match change, and Tom only managed to get one end of the match to sharpen and half the wood inside to turn to metal.

After leaving class, as expected, 4 experience points were added to the Transfiguration column.

1