Chapter 31: An uneventful flying lesson (Edited)
145 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Wednesday it was announced in the Common Room that the new Ravenclaw students would be joining the Hufflepuff students for flying lessons on Friday afternoon.

There was much laughter in the Common Room, unlike Gryffindor, Ravenclaw had no rivalry and maintained an indifferent relationship with the other three houses. Naturally, their mood was not as bad as the Gryffindor students who had been told they would be taking flying lessons with Slytherin, and their emotions were more of a longing for flying lessons.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin students were not as quiet as Ravenclaw, and Draco Malfoy spent the day in the Great Dining Hall talking loudly about flying. He complained about first years not being allowed on the house Quidditch team while telling stories to his fellow students, which varied, but almost always ended with him dodging a Muggle helicopter.

Many young Muggle-born wizards covered their mouths and laughed when they heard him.

Justin Finch, a first year Hufflepuff student Tom had met in Potions class, told him, "I'd bet a hundred quid that Malfoy had never seen a real helicopter, let alone why the people in it didn't see it, and the sound it made when it flew would have made Malfoy cry."

However, it seems that all young wizards from wizarding families love to tell great stories about Quidditch: Seamus Finnegan spent his childhood, by all accounts, on a flying broom, and Ron also had a love affair with planes, but he was a hang glider pilot, which is much more reliable than Malfoy's, which is, frankly, the glider used in the anime detective Conan. But, in any case, that would be a serious breach of the International Confederation of Wizards' Secrecy Act.

But on Thursday morning, word spread through all four houses that Malfoy had taunted Gryffindor's Neville in flying class yesterday, resulting in Harry Potter demonstrating his skills by swooping fifty feet and catching a small ball, the rest is all about the size of the ball, some saying it was the size of a fist, others swearing it was the size of a quail's egg.

Malfoy was so depressed by the incident that he stopped talking about his flying skills in the Great Dining Hall; he actually flew very well, but then he met Harry, who was more talented than him. Now, not even the treats from home made him happy.

As more than 20 Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students gathered in the courtyard this afternoon, they all had their hearts in their throats: flying, in itself, is a primal desire, and they all had this secret thought: if Harry Potter can do it, maybe I can do it too? I've never been on a flying broom, maybe I'm a genius too?

But growing up is about recognizing your own mediocrity. Most of the young wizards couldn't even take the first step: they couldn't even fly the broom into their hands.

Mrs. Hooch asked each one to stand next to a flying broom, then asked them to hold out their right hand, put it on top of the broomstick, and say, "Get up!

Everyone shouted the word, but most of the battered old brooms, with their branches strewn about, just rolled, and some didn't move, although some of the little wizards' brooms jumped into their hands, like Tom's old broom.

[The gift of flight is unlocked.]

The moment the broom was in his hand, Tom received a notification from the system, and when he clicked on his character bar, he saw that there was an option for [Flight] in his talents.

[Talent: Flight: 7 (Born to Fly)]

Tom didn't think he would have the gift of flight! What is this talent for? Obviously, it's not as practical as Flux Dust, Translocator, or Apparition, but it's cool. Its affiliated sport, Quidditch, is the national sport of the magical world, and if you're good at Quidditch, you're just as good at soccer and basketball in America as you are at soccer and baseball in Japan,

you'd definitely have the right to choose a mate.

As you can see, Ron Weasley was a loser for five years, but once he made the quidditch team and had a great run, he became popular immediately.

Tom was a little excited, not because he would have a chance to get a mate, but because it was a great opportunity to win some magical stones, and to think of all the accomplishments a Quidditch match could bring, not to mention the chores that went along with it.

"Alright, everyone look my way!" Lady Hooch had everyone's eyes on her, "I will demonstrate how to ride a broom, this is very important, many young wizards slip off the broom on their first flight, that's what happens when you don't pay attention, and the way you hold the broom is also crucial..."

Mrs. Hooch demonstrated, while correcting the group's mistakes. After seeing that everyone got it right, she decided to let the young wizards try flying.

With a whistle, all the young wizards were able to lift their legs off the ground and float a few feet in the air. However, not everything went so well, Hermione's broom, for example, didn't do so well and swung. Roger Malone's broom was not responding at all, in fact, it had not moved at all since the beginning of the lesson, like a normal broom.

"Professor, I..." Roger Malone's face turned red, a bit of a humiliating situation for him.

"Here, let me see." Mrs. Hooch realized the suddenness of the situation and approached her", My son, do it again as I have taught you, yes, very good, very standard... Why doesn't this broom move?"

Mrs. Hooch was also confused, but soon realized what was going on, picked up Roger Malone's broom, and discovered that it was an ordinary broom...

"Well, this may have been a mistake in the previous sorting." A little embarrassed, Mrs. Hooch handed her broom to Roger, and Roger flew off after calling out to her only once.

"Very good!" Mrs. Hooch clapped her hands, but just as her attention was focused on Roger Malone, another accident occurred.

Padma Patil, the Ravenclaw freshman, was something special: she is the only twin among the freshmen. She has a sister who had been assigned to Gryffindor, Parvati Patil, both of whom were very pretty and beautiful.

However, it was clear that Padma Patil's flying talent is not as good as her face, and her performance throughout the lesson was moderate, not at the highest level of the course, but not at the lowest either. At the moment, she is sitting leaning on her broom, watching the conversation between Mrs. Hooch and Roger.

2