Chapter 32: “Come back! Tom, come back!” (Edited)
142 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Padma had the feeling that the last step of the flight test, it was much easier for her to control the broom. It wasn't really an illusion, as she floated off the ground with her feet in the air, and the whole process was smooth, in contrast to the trembling students beside her.

I could feel the broom having fun, as if it was happy and excited to fly. The broom was also very cooperative with her movements, allowing her to even switch to a sitting position.

According to the Hogwarts dress code, and due to the weather, both boys and girls usually wear a black wizard's robe with a gray sweater and white shirt and tie underneath. The difference between a witch and a boy is in the lower half of the body, boys usually wear whatever pants they have, jeans, suit pants, tracksuit bottoms, etc., girls are more sophisticated and usually wear a pleated grey skirt, Gryffindor witches also wear a plaid skirt with grey tights to maximize the curves of their calves. The space between the top of the tights and the bottom of the pleated skirt is called absolute pitch, and is deadly for teenage girls. This, combined with a pair of black or brown shoes, is the prettiest sight on campus. The natural instinct for girls is to look pretty, even if it's only a nebulous, half-baked idea.

But there is a big downside to this, especially when it comes to riding a flying broom. The boys were fine, they could put their legs over the broom and be done with it, and at most be careful not to get their balls in the way, but the girls were not suited to such an ungraceful movement. Therefore, another way of riding the broom was developed for the elegant lady: the side-sitting position.

There are two main styles of riding the flying broom: astride and sideways. The advantages of the straddle stance are that it is stable, the hands are strong and there are fewer blind spots, so it is a Quidditch stance that all Quidditch players, male and female, use.

The side stance has nothing to do with athletics, it's quite unstable and you can fall off the broom if you're not careful, but what are the advantages? Elegance and beauty, and much more comfort. After all, a hard wooden stick stuck in the crotch and the butt are completely two different experiences. Of course, the more advanced flying brooms had invisible cushions, but Hogwarts was too old-fashioned to have such a user-friendly design. For witches in skirts, it's also a good way to avoid nudity.

Of course, riding sideways is actually more difficult than riding astride. And Padma was the first witch of the two new pupils to master such a position.

As Padma sat comfortably on her broom with her skirt pulled tight as if she were on a swing, there were envious looks from the young witches around her, especially from Hermione, who was in a foul mood.

From the moment she "stood up," Hermione sensed something was wrong: her former talent for magic seemed to have disappeared. In Potions, Charms and Transfiguration... Hermione had managed to conquer all the subjects, even the more complex ones like Transfiguration and the difficult ones like Potions, and she had managed to pass them all.

After conquering countless subjects, Hermione has fallen into the flying class, which is only offered to new first years. You can practice spells, you can learn potions, you can study transfiguration, but if you can't fly, you can't fly...

Sometimes, a person doesn't have talent for everything. In Hermione's case, she could do anything but fly.

So Hermione, already in a state of anxiety, couldn't help but express her envy at seeing Padma calm. Her envious eyes wandered over Tom and Padma, and her cheeks puffed out in disgust.

Padma noticed the look on Hermione's face and smiled, "Granger, are you in trouble? do you want me to show you the trick?"

Hermione's behavior of rushing to answer questions in every class before made many people unhappy, and Padma was one of them; this is a kind of strange, twisted emotion, and at this moment, seeing Hermione upset, she felt a wonderful pleasure.

But with this emotion in her head, she did not notice that her broom was rising higher and higher off the ground. When she came to her senses, she was almost ten feet off the ground!

She tried to maneuver the broom back to the ground, but the previously obedient broom suddenly became stubborn and refused to come down at all, but instead accelerated its ascent even further.

In an instant, Padma was nine meters up, and when the broom stopped at that height, Padma glanced at the ground and felt dizzy. She couldn't even see the faces of her classmates. The students around her were oblivious to the problem, after all, how could Padma, who had just done so well, not be able to adjust her height? But Hermione noticed something unusual, she pulled Morag MacDougal aside and pointed to Padma in the sky and said, "Is her broom out of control?"

Morag MacDougal's eyes narrowed, somewhat hesitantly, "It looks like... It does?"

"Ma'am Hooch! Ma'am Hooch!" Hermione shouted hurriedly to Mrs. Hooch. As soon as Mrs. Hooch turned around, she saw the scene that made her blood pressure rise: Padma in the sky was already wobbling, seemingly about to fall off the broom in the next second, and to top it all off, Lady Hooch's broom was now in Roger Malone's hands. Lady Hooch could not react immediately.

Her face had gone white: she had just made a mistake yesterday, causing a Gryffindor student to break his wrist, and today, despite all the care she had taken, she had made another mistake.

"Come back, girl!" shouted Mrs. Hooch, but could Padma in the sky hear her, let alone react?

[Mission Unleashed: Save Padma Patil]

Tom, who had his broom clamped between his legs, received such a task, and his mouth curved into a small smile, "System, you're flattering me.

Even without this task, I would definitely save her!

Tom stomped his foot with all his might and shot off like a champagne cork, flying towards Padma.

Seeing all this, Hermione's eyes widened in horror and she screamed, "Come back! Tom, come back!"

But her voice was drowned out by the sound of the wind in Tom's ears.

1