Chap 158 Limb after Limb
347 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'll give you a tip to enhance the reading experience.

Listening to songs in any kind of work does improve it.

From a Trashua with terrible writing to an epic 5-star class work...

Knowing which song to use and when...

Some people can handle background noise better than others, I, for example, am terrible at talking while I listen to a song unless its volume is reduced into oblivion.

But I can write and read very well while listening to it.

Nothing else to say.

Enjoy... Hopefully?

.

.

.


/Fwoosh.../

/CRASH!/

'The Tyrant finally fell from the skies, raising dust and shaking the ground.'

/ROOOOOOOOOAR!/

"You sure do have the energy to talk."

'Another earthshattering roar shook the 36th floor…'

'The Tyrant grieved the loss of its loved one, its anger couldn't be put into words…'

'To its defying scream, Silver walked out of the smoke cloud, dusting his shoulders and saying:'

"It's me and you again..."

Just the two of us.

/BAM!/

'The air exploded, and the sound barrier was broken!'

'Silver had barely walked out of the smoke released by the body of the empress, but a bloody mouth appeared in front of him…'

'His eyes flashed.'

"Bring it on then!"

/CRASH!/

'This time, he did not evade, he merely raised his left hand in defiance.'

'Three metallic pillars grew on the back of his hand, converging to form something like a pyramid.'

'They also pierced his palm, like 3 metal rods embedded on his flesh...'

'Silver displayed no signs of pain at all, instead, only a euphoric smile remained plastered on his face.'

/Buzz…/

'A green spark ignited at the point where the three pillars connected…'

/BAM!/

"!"

'Suddenly, an orange sphere formed inside the mouth of the Tyrant, preventing it from closing.'

"Clench your teeth 'Tiny', this is going to hurt!"

Or try to at least.

'Taking the chance he created for himself, Silver slid beneath his jaw, striking the area between the joints of his neck with his leg!'

/Crack!/

/Wooble.../

'The impact traveled across its scaly body, like waves in the sea...'

'The strong impact on such a fragile area caused some of the joint bones to break and shatter, sending the Tyrant into berserking rage due to the pain.'

/Snap/

'Snapping his fingers, the bubble inside its mouth burst, disorienting it.'

*Teleport...*

/Grab.../

'Silver once again disappeared, reapearing next to the Tyrant's tail.'

'He jumped onto it, grabbing it...'

/Melt.../

'The phantom figure of a burning crucible, bubbling with some unknown substance formed atop his hand as it poured molten metal onto the ground, forming a long thin wire of untold constitution...'

'Smiling, Silver sent the wire around its tail, grabbing the other end with his teeth as he lacked an arm to do so.'

/ROAR!/

'Feeling that something was wrong, the monster started to shake its body and slam its tail on the ground, trying to stop whatever Silver was doing.'

'But with one hand grabbing one end of the wire, and his teeth the other, he was completely still, like a tree climber.'

(Like this)

/Bam bam!/

'The tail moved up and down, hammering Silver against the ground without mercy!'

/SLAM!/

'But he held on, all of his training before, his body's resilience... It was exactly for situations like these...'

'Because this would decide the Tyrant's fate!'

"Bhfhn sh tup!"

*Burn it Up!*

/Sizzz.../

'The wire started to become red... It was getting hotter... And hotter... At a very fast speed!'

/ROAAR!/

/Burn!/

'The monster jumped into the skies, sending flames beneath it like the propellers of a rocket, trying to burn the pesky insect that was causing it such pain...'

'It placed its tail beneath its body, or as close to the flames as it could...'

'But it didn't stop, it instead got worse!'

/Crash!/

'The Tyrant fell from the skies, and in one move, it swung its tail against the rocky ground with enough force to split the earth into 2 halves.'

'Silver had to take the brunt of its entire momentum plus the impact of the tail...'

"URG!"

I think I shattered my legs...

'Blood came out from his mouth like a small river, but he held on to the other end of the wire.'

"!"

'He looked below, still biting onto the wire, he saw one of his bones sticking out...'

'His eyes turning bloodshot, his raised his neck higher, pulling the metal wire even stronger!'

/ROAR!/

'The monster was getting tired, but the pain stimulated it to move!'

"MURGG!"

/Muffled screams/

/SPLIT!/

/THUD!/

/WHIMPER!/

'With a might "thum" the creature's tail was cut cleanly...'

'Silver persevered, heating the extremely resilient wire, turning it into the sharpest of blades.'

'If he couldn't cut through with his Halberd then he would use a more sure-fire way... Even if it takes a bit longer... And the bones on his legs.'

'He didn't expect to cut all the way as initially, he merely wanted to break the scales, creating an opportunity for him later on...'

'But beneath all of that protective layer, the Tyrant was softer than he expected!'

*Teleport...*

"Ah... Ah..."

/CRACK!/

'Silver ripped his new shirt off, putting it on his mouth to help with his pain as he grabbed his leg, pushing his bones back into place, even if it meant cracking them a bit further.'

'Just because he was used to pain, that didn't mean it didn't hurt.'

'Snaping a leg in the middle hurt just as much the first time as in the 10th time, only the tolerance changed.'

/Muffled scream.../

"Ugh..."

/Szz.../

'With his leg back in place, he poured the wound with an Elixir, it was, in fact, the last one he had.'

'In the few months, he used a few without replenishing them due to their exorbitant price, buying a few every now and then.'

'He consumed them at a rate faster than he could replenish them, and given their popularity, it wasn't easy to get them...'

'His best source for potions was Miach, but through these last few months, Silver completely covered all of the alchemy God's schedule with his potion ideas...'

'He still had many decent potions, but they wouldn't be able to heal him as fast in the heat of battle, even if he were to spend his own Mind to help with the process.'

/Crackle.../

'Rest time was over, the raging Dragon approached Silver from behind, it had already stopped trying to be sneaky, and this time, it only wanted to devour him whole!'

"My legs are still a tad numb..."

'But he had no interest in going down today.'

/Crackle…/

'Thorns formed on his arm, sprouting from within his muscles as his skin became green, full of moss, and his muscles rigid, like wood.'

/Coil.../

'Without warning, multiple green vines rose from the ground like a rising tide, coiling around its two legs as they pulled the beast down.'

"Grr?..."

'But they dealt little to no damage when faced with the thick scales of the Tyrant, leaving not even white scratches on its peerless scales…'

"Grr... GRRR!"

'However, those thorns were stubborn, they grew and grew, and even when the Dinosaur ran away, breaking the very ground they came from, their remnants continued to coil and grow around its body, going as far as its wings and necks.'

'If this continued, they would reach its head and eyes as well, and even when it used its claws at the end of each wing, they did nothing but stop the inevitable.'

/ROAR!/

'They went from a bother to threat, and from that to something even worse as they started prickling the small gap between its scales…'

'And then, a cheeky vine stabbed its massive wound on its tail!'

/Drain…/

"ROAAR!"

'In a turn of events, the thorns shot up with accuracy, embedding themselves inside the flesh of the monster, and soon after, they became red as they started to drain its blood…'

'Not only on its tail but all around the body, the vines drained its strength, growing stronger themselves, eventually ripping apart its scales one by one violently.'

"Just a bit more…"

It worked rather well.

'Through all of this, Silver remained near, grasping his halberd with his left hand.'

'He was looking at the creature's right-wing… Waiting for it to disregard his presence...'

/Flames.../

'Finally having enough, the Tyrant prepared another flame breath...'

"NOW!"

/Vanish/

'Disappearing from his location, Silver slashed his halberd…'

/CUT!/

/Whimper!/

/FLAMES!/

'The Tyrant cried, and Silver smiled, hot blood started to fall from the skies as a large fleshly object collide against the earth once more…'

'Together with the whimpers, flames covered the skies as the Tyrant breathed them out in pain, burning the vines for good, but they already accomplished their jobs.'

/THUD/

'It was half of the Tyrant's right wing…'

'He didn't aim at the base because that wasn't a weak point, the base where the wings grow off out is full of cone-shaped scales each larger than his hand, protecting it from all attacks, so the only place he could aim to deal the most amount of damage was right in the middle of the wing…'

"Grrr…"

"Ho?"

It's not attacking anymore?

'This time, the Tyrant jumped high, creating some distance between them.'

'Due to it losing its wing, it fell on the ground roughly, yet that wasn't enough to hurt it much.'

'It gazed at Silver with its head close to the ground, trying to decrease its weak points as much as possible.'

'It knew that Silver was making use of their size difference to strike where it couldn't defend, so it tried to make its chest reach as close to the ground as possible…'

'But would that be enough? Slowly, step by step, Silver is killing it.'

'Its enemy was a fast Ant that bit more than it looked, it was a very dangerous Ant, one that was there at one moment, and in the next one, it wasn't...'

'First, he took one of its eyes, then it's a tail, then a wing, next…'

"Let's go!"

/Tremble…/

'Silver stomped the ground, making everything tremble!'

/At the same time, somewhere between the 36th and the 37th floor…/

'A large group climbed a long set of dark stairs in almost complete silence…'

"Urg… Just a bit more… Just a few dozen stairs and we'll leave this hellish place." Someone said with a depressing tone

"Ahhh, I want some hot food… I want a cold bath… And I want a proper night of sleep…"

"Yeah…"

"Me too…"

"Please don't talk about that… I'll lose my focus… There's still a long way to go until the Under Resort, so stop for now..."

'As the members of this party talked away leisurely, voicing their complaints at each other in order to distract themselves from their tiredness, their leaders remained attentive, especially a certain werewolf with platinum hair.'

'His wolf ears were constantly moving as if it was trying to hear something coming from further above.'

'Its concentration was broken when someone tapped its back lightly.'

"Something's on your mind, Bete?" Gareth asked as he approached the man

"I'm hearing things, gramps, from above, things don't look good." Bete replied with a focused gaze

'The old dwarf's eyes sharpened, while the others stopped talking, not only to hear what they were talking about, but to also give the wolf boy more leisure to hear things.'

"Tell me more, what didya hear?"

"... Tremors, rocks breaking apart, I smell fire… Everything else is being muffled down."

'A small Pallum with blond hair frowned as he scratched his chin in wonder, his thumb starting to ache in response to the Demi-Human words.'

"Fire is a bit odd, there aren't that many monsters on the 36th floor that can breathe it."

"And unless there is one right by the entrance to the 37th floor, it would need to be a pretty strong fire for you to smell it from down here… If we assume it's further away from the entrance and not directly at it."

'Fire can normally be smelled from a very long distance, but in the Dungeon, the airflow was often convoluted.'

'One day, the air flowed upward between floors, on other days, it's the contrary...'

'Only in some very specific floors did the air maintain a constant flow, like in the Water city where the Great Falls directed the airflow.'

'One of the girls from the party raised her hand, asking:'

"Are you sure you aren't mistaking it for the smell of the 44th floor?"

'The person who said that was a pretty cute small girl with bob-cute blood-red hair.'

(Image)

Spoiler

1670188664-webnovel_pcimage_4305009107_1670188664701.png

[collapse]
Spoiler

Something like this? I used to have a better image but I lost it.

1670171492-webnovel_pcimage_4305009107_1670171489001.png

[collapse]

'The place she was talking about, the 44th floor, was a massive volcano-like area, the Loki Familia had just recently raided that floor, and they were now preparing to go further than that.'

'Of course, that did not mean they didn't know what lay ahead, a considerable amount of information can be collected from the Guild about the floors between the 40th and the 50th floors, but anything beyond that gets considerably scarcer due to the severe difficulty rise...'

'Finn, Riveria, and Gareth already stepped beyond the 51ft floor on their own in the past, but anything beyond that was difficult due to the unique layout of those floors...'

'Not that they couldn't, but it was simply too dangerous,'

'In a sense, they were already past their age to go on a reckless adventure, they had too many responsibilities to abide by, and their age was too high for them to charge forward without thinking anymore.'

'That is why, just recently, a strong party formed by the executives has been formed.'

'The Loki Familia's plan was simple, the raid group would go as deep as possible, and then they would split.'

'The first group, composed of their executives and a few Level 4's acting as supporters, would go as deep as they could, and return to the safety of the main group after scouting ahead.'

'That's how they raid, their own method that had worked very well for the past few years, to the point they hadn't experienced a single death in years.'

'As for the 44th floor, the smell of sulfur and fire was so strong deeper down, that even on the 38th floor they could feel it, making them go numb over time, to the point they couldn't distinguish the strong smell of fire coming down the floor above.'

'And this was one of the problems of these floors, the strong smell that interfered with one's senses…'

'This stench peaked on the 46th floor, but it quickly reduced as they went further all the way until the Monster Rex's room on the 49th floor.'

"Do you want a beating? I'm sure of what I'm talking about! So stop babbling nonsense and shut up!" Bete growled in anger due to being doubted, his fur standing up like a startled cat

'She rolled her eyes at his provocation, she was used to his displays of anger, instead of an intimidating wolf, Bete was more of a barking dog at this point in time.'

'But even a dog can bite, something she didn't want to experience as it would surely hurt.'

"Focus Bete… What do you think is likely happening above?" Gareth asked as he looked up

"Tsk, do I even need to say it?" Bete snickered as he climbed another step

'His eyes opening slightly, he stared at the faint light far above… His pupils dilated as he tried to get more details...'

"Some stupid party must be confronting some monsters, and they must be fairly weak to cause this commotion despite only being on the 36th floor."

To not even take care of the monsters cleanly and effectively, they must be here to commit suicide by letting the waves stack up, or they must be struggling to keep things at a manageable level.

I've heard that story many times in this place, and even though the people that can come this far are half decent...

The 36th floor still has a higher death rate than the 37th floor.

"Bete, you talk as if anyone could just go to the 36th floor in the first place…"

"It must at least be a Medium sized exploration Familia." Riveria replied as she climbed to the same level as them

"She has a point…"

"TCHE!"

'Gareth turned to the side as Bete snickered, looking at Finn.'

'He may be silent, but he was talking to him with his eyes, and he meant, "So? What do we do now?"...'

'Finn closed his eyes, trying to estimate the most appropriate course of action… He raised his thumb to his forehead, his classic deep-thought expression.'

"Alright…"

'And eventually, he opened his eyes, smiling as he looked back at everyone.'

"We'll be increasing our pace."

"Ehhhh..."

'People complained soon after.'

"Just my fucking day…" Bete said in displeasure as he put his hands on his pockets

/TAP!/

'But someone slapped his back hard…'

"Stop complaining and move your ass!"

"Huh?! Who dares…?..."

'Bete turned around to see a pair of twin Amazoness looking at him with stiff smiles.'

"My bath is on the line, so move up… Please?"

"..."

'Bete remained silent, he wasn't in the mood to bicker with two angry Amazons, especially the older one, that one wouldn't hesitate to swing her fists around, and in the end, no matter what he said, it would be his fault in the end.'

'Because this already happened, more than once…'

'The Loki Familia increased their pace!'

/Meanwhile.../

/CRACK!/

"HAHA! Is that your all?!"

/SMACK!/

'Silver let himself loose as he clashed with the giant lizard again and again...'

.

.

.

Notes

29