The instructors are quite weird
1.7k 11 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(This chapter has 7450 words... Sheeeeeeeeesh.

This chapter will have more information and lore to be added. Don't worry. We will soon embark on a happy adventure. Just let me set the world first...

I hope you enjoy it!)

Another things, in these earlier chapters, you'll see a lot of changes in regards to "" '' and so on, this was mainly due to me experimenting with them.

It isn't enough to make you confused, unless you aren't paying attention, but around chapter 15 or even earlier, it'll become more consistent and easier to read.

Or so I hope.

.

.

.


On the very top of the church, two men watched as the children in the Palace ran around the place.

-How was it?

-According to our agents scattered around the Palace. 20% of the summoned jumped straight into skill training and Hunting. Going into the forest and training areas.

-20% went to explore and find out more information about the world. This percentage includes those who remained in the rooms training their skills.

-15% are currently confused about what to do, wandering around aimlessly. Sometimes they train, sometimes they just go on a walk. They seemed to be rather conflicted about their current situation.

-35% is currently with no hope. They stayed in their rooms and are currently breaking down as we talk. Some of them stopped and joined the previous sections, either going on to train or just wandering about the garden, while some have joined the next section.

-4% have currently lost all hope and are on the verge of suicide. The reasons for the latter may be diverse. Some think this is a dream and others "don't want to suffer".

-We still don't know where they took that from, but we speculate it's from their home culture. The agents are making sure none of them die.

-... What about the 6%?

-... We can't say very much… I have dedicated this number to those whose actions are not founded on any logical reason. But they somehow still have some sort of purpose, most likely related to their "roles" assigned to them or some more personal reason.

-Give me an example.

-There is a girl who spent her entire day in her room, painting. She was completely calm and the only thing she did was ask for different kinds of paints from the dormitory workers.

-There is also another boy who went to the library and has been reading complex meaningless books since morning. I predict he must be looking to increase his language skills or something else completely.

-There was also another girl that climbed one of the hills close to the garden and spent most of her time enjoying the wind.

-... The library huh…

-What about their information? How much did you acquire?

-This summoning has been one of the easiest in history! Almost all of the summoned have shown their skills and abilities so far. They seem to have no sense of fear that their info is being leaked with every word they utter.

-We even got more than we wanted. They seem to love talking with each other. This allowed us to get a lot of info on their personalities and hobbies.

-But as always, there are some who are rather cautious and have kept their information hidden.

-Good work… What about those fit for the task?

-After watching them for an entire day, around three dozen have been selected.

-Three dozen?... That should be enough for now… I hope it is enough… Make sure to add at least two more into these numbers. We need all of the strength we can get.

-Yes your Majesty.

-There is only one problem… Some have gone quite… Violent. Conflicts have become quite frequent.

-... This is fine. Just don't let them get over the line… It's expected that some will be stronger than others, so just let the stronger get stronger.

- We can help the weak, but not forever. We aren't their nannies.

-The weak will die out there… So it's best if we separate them while we still can. No matter how weak and useless one of them is. A live one is still better than a dead one.

-After all... The war is drawing close…

Those dawn old people… After 400 years of hard-earned peace, they decided to act!

/CRACK!/

The king cracked his knuckles, the wind pressure was so strong that it made some of the trees far below lose their leaves.

-A thousand years! For a thousand years, those bastards have been envious of our national relic and now, after so long, they found a way to mass summon Heroes!

-Now they think they can just oppress our race?! After everything, we have done? Wasn't our sacrifice 800 years ago enough?! What about the one 300 years ago?! What did they do to maintain the peace of the continent?!

-When we conceded our territory in order to better accommodate their species, what did we gain? Nothing! Yet they act as if it was a given!

-We didn't exterminate them 800 years ago because of our compassion! The king of that time knew that in order to create a better future for everyone, we had to help each other!

-But they did what?! Don't those old elves and dwarfs remember those events?!

If only his son and grandson were just as smart as he was...

-... They won't rest until our race is fully exterminated… Just like 1000 years ago... Listen to me Lupio. I am giving you permission to make use of the Royal vault. Don't hold back, use every resource that you can, we need to train these boys and girls into capable and functioning members of our Kingdom… No… Our race.

-Otherwise, the Human race is going to be exterminated from the West continent.

'Lupio stared into the ground, his expression stiff. He was even sweating a little'

-... Sigh… We, humans, live too little. Some of those pesky Elves are over 1000 years of age. It's no wonder they still hold such hatred when the ones on top are like that.

If only I could exterminate them all in one swoop...

-Not that I blame them… Although our Kingdom showed great support for the races in its first 200 years of its existence. It didn't take long for the dynasty to be corrupted and become what it was until my grandfather's generation.

200 years of good deeds... Destroyed by 800 years of stupid kings... Even though many in between were smart and tried their best to put us back on track... It wasn't enough.

-"10 years of good deeds are nothing in front of one mistake"

-Your majesty… Be sure that I, Skypos Lupio Hyl will do my best to fulfill your ambitions!

-... Ambitions… Is it too much to ask to have a peaceful reign?

… My father tried his best to correct the mistakes of my grandfather. And just when the kingdom is recovering… Sigh. Grandfather wasn't a bad king, but if he wasn't so stiff and afraid of change, then the Heroes wouldn't have done...

Both stayed there in silence for a few minutes

-... Is there anything else Lupio?

-Yes. There is one last thing. Take a look at this…

Lupio took out a cellphone from within a decorated box.

-What is this Lupio?

-This is a "cellphone". It seems to be an item that helps them in their day-to-day life.

-Hum… Why did you bring it to my attention?

-It's because of its functions your majesty!

'After a few minutes of explaining what a cellphone was...'

-Make sure to properly research it. For now, go back to your duties, I already took too much of your time. I will remain here and watch those children for a little while longer.

Lupio bowed and left in a flash.

-... Technology… Is this the type of world you all came from? Yet you all seem so used to magic…

-Intriguing.

(Go to the notes for the timeline so far)

'Sunlight shone through a crack in the window'

'Birds are singing, flowers are blowing…'

It's time to wake up.

My eyes opened exactly at 6, just as I have been trained to do for the past few months.

I went to the shower to take a hot bath and put on some nicer clothes.

-Awww… Why am I always tired? Even when I slept 8 hours…

-Hm? My body... Is it different from before?

I looked slightly more muscular...

-Could it be... My Status?

Is my body adapting to my altered Status?

My body in the memory was different from the one in reality.

I trained heavily and developed carved muscles.

But when I left the memory, I went back into my normal ass body... Although I am fit, I am by no means "carved".

It would take quite a lot of effort to go back to what my body used to be but...

-It seems my body will return to that state naturaly.

I went to brush my teeth and with everything ready and dandy. I left my room.

It was currently 6:20 Am, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one who was awake among the summoned.

-We are scheduled to go to training at 8… I don't know how heavy it will be, so eating sooner is for the best.

I made my way through the hallway not meeting anyone… It was rather silent.

/Creeak/

-Hey. Philip, you up?

From the side, I heard someone calling me.

It was Roy leaving his room, wearing the same old style clothes as me.

-I see you also received these clothes. You look like my grandpa in his younger days.

-No wonder you are so ugly.

-At least you know you are ugly.

/Haha.../ x2

-Anyway. I am surprised you actually woke up this earlier Roy.

-Just an old habit of mine… My house was always quite far away from school, so I am just used to this.

/Growl/

-I guess you are just as hungry as me Philip. Let's not waste any more time.

'And so, Philip and Roy made their way to the cafeteria'

/Step… Step… Step/

'At the end of the corridor, they saw a person walking slowly, he was bloodied and dirty. His legs trembled as if he was going to fall at any moment'

-G-g-g-GHOST!

-It's not a fucking ghost Roy!

I ran to the side of the hurt man. For a moment, his eyes locked into mine, I could feel immense anger contained inside of them.

But before I could do anything else, the man lost consciousness.

I looked at Roy and he seemed to be thinking the same as me. Together, we moved the man towards my room.

-Huff!... Now my clothes are all dirty…

'Roy jokingly complained while Philipe checked the man's injuries, noticing most of them were already closed.'

'He took out a small green bottle and fed the man'

-Whats that?

-A medicinal item that came with my Class… It should be enough for now.

/Grasp!/

'The man who was seemingly unconscious grabbed Philip's hand'

-Who are you?... Is that you Philip?

-Hum?... You are… Petter? What the actual fuck! Why are you all fucked?

-... What a mess I made… Don't worry too much. It's my own personal thing.

-... Hey… So… You know…

'Roy was rather embarrassed since he couldn't find a way to enter the conversation.'

-Sigh… Petter, this is Roy. A friend of mine. And Roy, this is Petter, a colleague from another Class.

Although we didn't talk a lot. Because of the low number of people in each Class, we would occasionally meet and talk. We even ate together a few times… But Petter used to be a skinny and weak man, cowardly even… This guy seems… Slightly fit, to say the least, he has this sharp look in his eyes.

-Anyway. Petter. What happened to you man?

-... It's nothing much. Really... I can do this on my own, trust me. I am being serious this time.

Petter always said the same thing every time he showed hurt to Class. He kept to himself and was quite the introvert, leaving as soon as the bell tolled.

Something must've happened… These injuries can't be caused by the wild animals around here.

Those would be mostly cuts and slashes. But he is mostly covered in bruises… Did a bear use him as a sandbag?

-Alright then. If you need some help. Just call. You can use the shower in the back and I have some clothes left. They can shrink anyway, so size doesn't matter.

Petter was smaller than me being slightly over 1,80 M.

-Thanks, man.

-Me and Roy will be going first to the cafeteria, make sure to rest a little and at least eat something. The item I gave you should be enough to heal most of your light and medium injuries.

-You owe me one…

-Don't… Don't say that… I fucking hate that word… But I will. I will pay you two a few drinks on any of these days.

… Petter is… Going out of his way to pay us drinks? Damn...

Whatever happened, changed him on a fundamental level.

/GROWL/

'Roy's stomach growled'

-I guess this is enough for now. I will be fine for now. See you two later.

'The trio parted ways, with Roy and Philip making their way to the cafeteria while Petter stayed behind to close the door'

-... It seems I still have some people who still care about me in here… I am not going to forget that. But that bastard comes first…

[DING!]

[Your wounds have been healed under the effects of Iosefka's Blood Vial]

[The carefully refined blood enhances the weak links of your muscles, slightly raising your strength]

-?... Ha… To give me such a precious thing… Looks like I do owe you a little. But for now…

I need a shower.

...

'The cafeteria was a rather large house right in front of the dormitories. It had a completely different architectural style, most likely because it was built in a completely different era as to the Adrius Palace'

There weren't that many people in the cafeteria, but I was already surprised that there were some.

-Good morning masters, what can I get for you two?

From the side, a beautiful maid appeared. I have seen her one time, she is one of the many workers of the dormitory.

It makes sense after all. You can't have a completely different working staff for each individual building of this place, it's super inefficient.

Even more when you consider these people don't seem like your usual maids and butlers. They clearly received a lot of individual training.

'Under the guidance of the maid, both Philip and Roy sat at a table on the corner of the room.'

'After ordering their food, it was time to talk'

-What do you think we are going to do today?

-Are you really asking me that Roy?

-Sheesh, I just wanted to make some small talk…

Roy couldn't remain in silence for too long and said:

-They will probably ask for our abilities and other information. They summoned us after all, they will certainly look to get info on us… In fact, they probably already are.

-Isn't that normal?... That's not what I am worried about.

-Hum? What could worry my strong bodyguard?

-... You just answered me… We were suddenly thrown into this world and received many strange abilities… What if someone loses control of themselves? I don't know you, but I wouldn't like to be blown away in the middle of the night while I am sleeping…

-Damn...

'We talked about some random things before I decided to change the subject...'

-So, changing topics, I would like to use your…

'Philip quickly stopped, because, at that moment, one maid left the kitchen with our food on a platter'

Did he hear her coming from so far away? What the hell… No. This is good. I truly got a good bodyguard.

-Here it is M'lords… I hope you all enjoy it!

She bowed and left to serve the others…

-They were quite fast. How long was it? 5 minutes?... But these eggs… Why are they purple?

'Roy kept touching his food with visible disgust.'

-Just eat it. You, most likely, aren't going to find better food anywhere else in the world. Remember, this is a place under the Royal family… I don't think any restaurant out there would be better than this place.

-It's not that… The food smells good, I was just shocked…

'Roy stared at his food for a little while longer, and then he lifted his head and noticed Philip had already finished one plate.'

Does he not care at all?!... Well, if he is eating with such voracity then it means this must be good right?

(Philip isn't the best person to use as a base when the subject is food...)

'Roy looked at his plate… The purple meshed eggs, strange "cakes'' and other unknown objects.'

It can't be that bad?...

/Chomp!/

-This is?!

DELICIOUS!

Roy went into a frenzy. the food tasted good and felt good in his mouth.

'Philip looked at the scene and thought:'

This guy… He looks like a man who starved for a week.

'Roy wasn't the only one who found the food "alien". Everyone that came into the cafeteria thought the same.'

'After an hour, the place became filled with people. Some didn't even eat the food. Preferring to starve than to eat this "disgusting" food.'

...

-So just as we planned, I will use my skill to find this item you are looking for as soon as its cooldown has finished

-So your skill truly has a 24 Hours cooldown time… Make sure to have enough for me at the end of the week

-!! Aren't you too much?! I am already giving you 3 out of my 7 weekly uses! At least be a little sad about me!

/Chuckle/

'Philip just smiled at the anger shown by Roy'

-Shhh… Do you want everyone in here to know that?

-...

But… If his Skill truly works then I will have one more Title in the bag… The problem is that he might find out about the fountain as well. But that is a minor price to pay.

Yesterday I managed to read 10 books, a little over the base limit of 7.

But that was because I stayed there for over 9 hours… I went to sleep at night in order to not attract a lot of attention, but even if I were to cut off sleep, it would be hard to meet the demand of 7 books per day.

It's hard but not impossible… But I will have to say goodbye to sleep.

The worst part about all of this was the book's contents… They are mostly documentation of very specific events. Not useful for anything at all.

-What are you thinking about?

-... Time.

-Wow. Going into such deep and complex subjects! Is your class something related to time?

-Fuck off Roy… Just let me think in peace.

When it was 7:50, a group of knights entered the cafeteria and escorted us towards the training grounds.

One of the many training grounds.

This place looked more like a dance hall than a training ground. The stone on the ground was shining and the walls looked clean without a single scratch mark.

The best word would be Gymnasium

'We were left waiting for a few minutes until it was exactly 8'

/Swush/

'At that moment a blue light pillar appeared in the middle of the room, from inside it, a muscular man with a large spear stepped out.'

-Urg… I hate portals...

/CLANK!/

He knocked the bottom of his spear with the ground, attracting the attention of everyone in the room.

-Is everyone here? I hope so because I am not going to repeat myself!

His voice was loud and thunderous, it echoed around the training area, assaulting our eardrums.

-Ouch! Why is he screaming so loud man… My poor ears…

I was more than used to screams… Literally, every single monster in the memory would scream in high-pitched tones…

-In order to better comprehension, we shall be using terms you are most used with. If there is anything you aren't understanding, make sure to point it out later after we are done talking.

-My name is Edmund Huhuf! 1st Rank General of the Army. And I am here today to guide and help you all in training your "gifts"!

-But I am not here alone!

From the blue portal three more people appeared.

-Allow me to introduce them!

-From left to right we have, Eriny Guyk! 7Th tier Archmage from the academy of Mystics!

-It's a pleasure~...

'She was around 180 M tall, having long dark green hair and impressive boobs. Her long robe wasn't enough to hide her assets. And with her sensual voice, half of the boys in the room were already entranced, much to some of the girl's displeasure.'

-Palpa Tione! Head scholar of the Tower of knowledge!

-Can you talk in a lower tone? My old ears are about to burst…

'He was a very charismatic old man, his eyes were green and his hair was fully white reaching all the way to the ground. He had a nicely trimmed mustache and he held a large book under his armpit.'

-... And finally!...

'But he was cut in the middle by the girl'

-Berinou Gargo, Sky rank adventurer… Tsk. It seems I am going to have some trouble. Look at how skinny those kids are.

'Her personality was just as direct as her clothes. She wears a tight tank top and cut-out shorts. If one looks from the right angle, one can even see her panties. She clearly doesn't care if others look at her. And many did, in particular, the many boys in the room. With a pair that size being squished by her clothes… It's quite the sight. Her hair is dark and her skin is also slightly tanned.'

-... Cough! Continuing. For the next month, we will be your teachers in pretty much everything, from common knowledge to more advanced fields.

-I know you have many questions, but I don't care. First things first, we need to properly classify each of you.

-That's because we are looking to give a better learning environment for all of you. So let me go over how we are going to do that.

'A large holographic image appeared behind him, it showed 4 images, a sword, shield, book and a box filled with some stuff.'

-We will be dividing you all into 4 categories.

-Offense, defense, support, and others.

-If you believe you have a class suited for combat, then follow miss Gargo.

-Pfft! Miss… I am as much of a miss as you are a gentleman Huhuf.

-##!! STOP INTERRUPTING ME!

'His thunderous voice echoed in the room'

'Some of the weaker-willed kids even fell on the ground unconscious.'

Roy had to use my shoulder to not fall on the ground.

-You should be mindful of your surroundings~...

/PLINK!/

A large gray magic circle appeared on top of our heads. Slowly, the pain in most people's ears went away and some of the students got up.

As I said before, such a scream wasn't anything near some of the nasty things I experienced… Although it still hurt… Some sort of power must be imbued into it.

-That's it, I am forever deaf now…

I feel sorry for the old man…

One minute later everything went back to normal.

-Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

This time Huhuf's talked in a relatively lower tone.

-Let's proceed… If you believe your class is more suited for Defense, then I will be your teacher.

-If support is what you think suits you best, then go with Eriny.

-And if you believe your class doesn't fall into any of the three classifications, Tione shall be your mentor.

-At any moment in time, if you believe your Class isn't really suited for what you chose, then you are free to change classes. We are here to help, not to limit your potential.

'When he finished talking, Alfus appeared from the entrance of the training room with a large marble orb in his hand'

'He gave the orb to Edmund and went to the back to wait.'

-This will be the last thing for today. In my hands, I have a Ranking orb. What is a Ranking orb? It's pretty simple.

-There is only one use for this orb. And it is to measure the Rank of a Class. How does it work? That's not for me to explain.

-So until tomorrow, This Orb will remain in this room for anyone that wishes to measure his Class. We are not forcing you into doing it, but it would surely help our job if you did.

'He placed the orb on a pedestal...'

-So that was its use… I was wondering why there was a pedestal in the middle of the training room.  Mentioned Philip

-Palpa Tione will now give a very brief introduction to ranks

-Wach'a say Huhuf?

-... Can you help him a little, miss Guyk?

-Yes~

'She whispered something in a very low tone and a pair of triangular projections entered the old man's ears.'

-Phew… The ringing is gone… Huh? It's my turn?

-Cough! As Huhuf said, "Roles" usually have a rank associated with them.

-They are also referred by many names, I will use several in this presentation.

-How they are made and why they exist is a complex subject and something from the distant past discussed until today. So let's leave that to the scholars for now.

-Normally, a higher rank means higher potential. But this isn't always the case. Nevertheless, it's much easier to assume people with higher Class will achieve more than someone with a lower Class.

-It's just that hard to progress in a low-rank "Role".

-Think of a sapling that will eventually grow into a tree. This is your Class

-And think of a treehouse. This is your strength

-You can be the best architect, carpenter, and have the best techniques. But the tree can only sustain a certain amount of weight.

-The treehouse can only be so tall.

-In this case, potential refers to how tall and strong the sapling can actually grow.

-Although you can make the tree stronger and taller. That's something very difficult depending on its stage of development.

-Happy and well-cared Trees, grow better and stronger than neglected Trees. And some species are stronger than others. But even so, you can't turn a bush into a mighty Oak.

-Let's use the Orb as an example.

-We divide Ranks into 8 categories. Although there are records of special Ranks in history. Like Rankless. But let's leave those out of this conversation, to keep it short.

-Those being, from the lowest to highest: White, Gray, Green, blue, purple, Yellow, Orange, and red.

-You can increase the Rank of Class through a series of complicated procedures, mostly unique to your particular Class… But that's hard… Really hard.

-It isn't easy to increase from White to Gray, many stay in that Rank for decades trying… Much less increasing from Orange to Red.

-But in the end, there are still some who manage to do that, like the legend of the Fisher who went from someone with White Class, all the way to a Red Class… But his case is even more special as you could imagine...

-As I said, there are many discussions as to why Ranks exist and are the way they are… I hope we can discuss this later Hoho! Now… Back to you army boy.

-... Cough!

-... Next! Most of you should have received Class supplies right? It's normal for a summoned person to gain a Tool and some clothes… It's okay if you want to keep some things private, but if you could share with us some information so that we could better...

-This is taking too fucking long "Huhu". I will be direct! Just take out the stuff you have been hiding!

'She stepped on the ground, shattering the stone and making the entire place tremble'

She is more of a beast than a Human...

'Huhuf was on the verge of exploding'

'... Silence… Everyone was somewhat afraid and skeptical of this situation. No one wanted to take a step forward and become the center of attention.'

/Step/

'Some courageous soul decided to take the spotlight, taking a step forward'

-If no one takes a step we will be here all day… I don't have anything to hide anyway.

-FINALLY! Someone with some balls! And quite cute… Nah. I am not into young boys.

-...

-Sigh… You are scaring the young ones, Lady Gargo… Young man, please, show us your Class… No. Just your…

'But before Palpa Tione could finish, the young man equipped a shining long sword'

-My class is called Legendary Hero. I didn't gain anything else other than this sword. I think it's based on a myth from my world. It's called Excalibur. Just like me, the sword also has Stats and its own Skills. Although it's Level 0 right now.

-As for my Skills, I started with a little… Heroic spirit Lv0; Mythical strike Lv0; Swordsmanship Lv6; Command Lv3; Empower Lv0; Soul sword Lv0; Comradeship Lv2; Challenger Lv0; Monster slayer Lv0; Charge Lv0…

'He went on to list 10 more Skills...'

-As for the ones on my sword they are...

'He listed even more Skills...'

-... And that 's all. I played many RPGs back home, so I know this number may be quite low but I will do my best to improve! Oh! My name is Dae Kyoung, I used to be the student council president but… That doesn't matter here.

(Not everyone is smart... Smart enough to act properly in this situation. Like hiding personal information.)

'Silence… Everyone was stunned. For many reasons.'

'Some people were mouth opened because of the immense amount of skills this man just showed. Others were just stunned because of his courage'

Some like me were laughing on the inside at how stupid this man was… But was he?

Showing himself like this and proving his worth isn't it the best way to attract investment from the crown?

If he can use them to grow then ditch them later...

Although I doubt that man is capable enough to pull off such a thing, I don't doubt the crown is going to find a way to deal with him when the time comes.

And no, I don't believe they are a happy kingdom group like many Animes and manga. A government that is all flowers and happiness is just fictional. Such conduct by a government entity would just have destroyed them centuries before we were even here.

Keeping a dangerous asset such as a knight capable of destroying half of their army forces is simply…

Like a nuclear bomb with free-will. You just never know when it might blow up… It would've been fine if he was from the royal family, but even if they bound him by marriage. That would be for the sole reason of siring a powerful son.

They would surely kill him later.

-... Th-That 's great! You sure have potential kid!

'Berinou was initially stunned, but her expression soon came back to the usual one'

-Would you like to test your Class Rank?

-Yes!

'Dae Kyoung placed his hands into the Orb'

/Shinnng!/

The Orb shinned in resplendent light.

Everyone's eyes were focused on the light emanating from the Orb. But I wasn't.

For a split second, I noticed that Dae's expression went from visual excitement to shock.

He looked around the place for a second before his face showed confusion, happiness, anger, and back into excitement.

But I could see this excitement wasn't the same as before, it was… Fake?

There was nothing I could say to prove that, but my instincts were telling me it was fake.

Most of the audience didn't notice his expression due to the distance, but my senses and angle allowed me to perfectly see his face.

And the four teachers were currently with their attention drawn into the Orb.

/Puc!/

'The Orb suddenly stopped, it wasn't shining any light'

-Did… Did it break?

'Huhuf expression became tense for a moment.'

'The old man picked the orb and examined it. Shaking his head in the process.'

-It 's confirmed. The Orb is fully operational, it just didn't manage to fully grasp the potential of Mr's Kyoung Class. Congratulations.

/Aplause/

Although most were confused, they still clapped their hands. Me included.

-It seems you have a promising future ahead… But remember everyone, your potential is created by your hands alone. So make sure to work hard!

-If there is anyone who still wants to take the test please take a step forward…

This time, a large crowd of people moved forward. Humans are very predictable…

-That guy… Is he the "Hero" of these types of stories?

-Who knows Roy… Would that make us Side characters?

-That's depressing man...

-Aren't you going to take the test?  I asked

-Why should I? As the buffed man said, I make my own potential. There is no need to use it. What about you?

-I am going to use it.

-Of course, you're not… Wait what?!

'While Roy was left behind confused, Philip joined the others as he waited for his turn'

'Roy soon came behind him and asked:'

-Just why?

-Hum? Isn't it obvious? Just look around you.

'Roy looked at his surroundings and noticed that of the 100+ people, 90% were already on the queue to use the Orb'

-You don't want to attract attention, guess what, staying still is only going to make you stand out.

Although that wasn't my only reason… Because of my Skill, I can gain as many Classes as I want. Something that would be of immense difficulty to others, is pretty simple to me.

So whatever information appears in there is better for me than for others.

I wonder what's the rank of an Old Hunter compared to some of these people.

-Hum?

'Philip turned his head around because for a split second, he felt a "Killing intent" being aimed at him'

-Did you see something Philip?

-... No…

'But it was at this moment that I noticed Petter walking into the Gymnasium.'

'He noticed my gaze and gave me a thumbs up.'

'And I replied to him in the same way of course.'

It's good he is alright. I didn't expect conflicts among us on the very first day, although it's not something out of this world… Looks like I will have to keep my eyes open for trouble makers.

'After this minor event, both me and Roy waited for our turn.'

Time passed, and half an hour later it was his turn.

-Ara ara… What a charming young man~...

-Ho?... I like you. Wanna have some drinks later?

-...

Lady! Aren't you a little bit too open?

-let's get on with this!

I agree with the muscular guy on this...

-Place your hands in the Orb. Don't worry young man, the ball is harder than you think.

And so I placed my hands on the Orb.

[DING!]

[An artificial ***** is currently gauging your Class maximum potential]

[Your ***** Is too low]

[***** Is currently calculating the potential of your Class, Old Hunter]

Bingo… But why is it censored? Didn't the others doubt this too?

[***** is trying to alter your memories!]

[Mind Bastion LvMax Is trying to protect your mind from outside forces]

An immense headache started to take over my mind

[The strength is overwhelming! The first defense has fallen!]

[The mind Paladin enhances the defenses of the Bastion]

[Mind Bastion LvMax has partially resisted the invasion!]

[Your memories are being altered!]

No wonder no one doubted this… Their memories were altered from the beginning! My instincts didn't warn me about this thing at all… Just what is this?!

[The mind Paladin is enraged!]

[The mind Paladin requests for strength!]

[Provide the mind Paladin with mind power?]

… Do it!

[The mind Paladin is resisting the strange energy!]

'For what seemed to be an eternity, Philip's mind became a battlefield between the Mind Paladin and his Bastion against the strange force'

Until…

[The mind Paladin has successfully defended the Bastion!]

[A strange amount of ***** is left in your mind, the mind Paladin requests permission to absorb it]

The what now?... I don't even know what's happening and now this…

The mind Paladin is a manifestation of my mind power. If it gets corrupted by some strange force…

At that time this Skill is going to become just a joke.

N…

'But the moment I was going to say no...'

{You should accept it}

?!?!?!

WHO?!

{I am sorry for being abrupt, but we don't have time. That energy inside your head is very, very valuable, and it's soon going to disperse. Trust me, even a little bit of it dispersing, and you will be wailing in anger in the future}

And why should I trust you? A strange voice appearing in my head at this moment is nothing but suspicious.

{I can swear by my very existence, that if I am lying to you right now, my soul will dissipate into nothingness, you should know this is possible by the books you read}

?! How did you…

{We don't have time! How will it be? Philip Vinten?}

Did I say my name ever since I came here?

[Absorb it?]

Do I have any contingencies… Yes! I have that!

If anything goes wrong, I am pretty confident in protecting my mind. Absorb it!

[The mind Paladin is absorbing *****]

[The mind Paladin has successfully absorbed *****. It has entered hibernation and will wake up soon]

'Nausea soon flooded my head'

'At the same time, the orb lit up with light, the colors in it started to shift and change'

'Somehow, this entire event happened within a single second.'

Was I thinking so fast?

[Calculation finished]

[Your Rank is: Light Blue]

-Humm… This color seems to be Light Blue… Another special case? What do you think, Miss Guyk?

From what I observed from the others, most of them seemed to fall in between Purple and Orange. With a few receiving some sort of special Rank.

'My silence was interpreted as disappointment'

-There is no need to be disappointed! This only means you have to work harder!

-The muscle head is surprisingly right, what type of Class did you receive? If your type is under my wing then I will make sure to train you pro-per-ly~

-...

-As I said before… You are scaring the young ones Berinou.

-Tsk! Let me have my fun old man!

-You should act your age and position!

-#! I am acting my age! I'm just 20!

-Aren't you forty seve…

/BANG!/

'Berinou smacked Huhuf in the face, sending him flying across the gymnasium. Breaking one of the walls as he passed through it.'

-...

She is strong...

I bowed to the three instructors and left the podium. Sitting on the ground not too far away.

Light blue… So it's something between Green and Blue? Or is it between Blue and Purple?

What does that mean? Is my Class weaker than those other people? Or is the potential lower?

In the first place, what is potential?

Is it a value that determines just how strong your class can get?

What influences it?

And that voice? What was that?

… OI! ARE YOU HERE?

Of course not…

{I would appreciate it if you didn't scream, maintaining this connection is already hard. Much less if you are screaming}

/Ba-dum/

'My heart skipped a beat due to how sudden this was'

I need to calm down first…

{Heh… Most would be already panicking, but I guess you truly are special}

Who are you?

{It's best if we can meet up later. Now isn't a good time. And sorry for invading your mind, I wouldn't have been able to speak with you like this if your Trait wasn't weakened… You have tough defenses for a newbie don't you?}

First, what was that and what…

{I know you have questions, and I have answers. But this isn't the place... It's already hard for me to talk with someone, and use telepathy with another. Not everyone can have parallel thoughts like you.

In the future, you are going to thank me for what you absorbed today. I expect many drinks}

Hey!... That fucker!

Shit… Whoever that person was… He acted as if he knew me… Very closely at that.

Did someone gain a special skill capable of seeing my Status? It isn't impossible but...

That wouldn't explain everything. That person clearly knew what that was. And I find it hard for anyone else would have such information, apart from those 5 over there.

(He is talking about the 4 instructors and the head butler)

And none of them have this voice. Unless he changed it… That's most likely what happened.

Later… But how much later? Today? Tomorrow?...

Thinking too much won't lead me anywhere.

'So I placed my head on the wall and rested'

Open Secondary Status

[

Name: Philip Vinten

Class: Old Hunter (Rare)

Subclass: Military veteran

Insight: 26

Blood echoes: 22376920 (707617 for next Level)

Level 278

Vitality: 99

Endurance: 90

Strength: 99

Skill: 90

Bloodtinge: 50

Arcane: 40

Abilities:

Lady Maria combat technique Lv5 (8)(Hybrid)

Gehrman Footwork Lvmax (10+3)(Hybrid)

Ludwig combat techniques LvMax (10+3)(Passive)

Super Human senses Lv8 (11)(Passive)

Greater Riposte LvMax (15+3)(Passive)

Perfect Throwing technique LvMax (Hybrid)

Stealth Mastery Lv1 (4)(Passive)

Handcraft LvMax (Passive)

Butchering LvMax (Passive)

Medicine Lv8 (Passive)

Tinkering Lv7 (Passive)

Smithing Lv5 (Passive)

Skills:

Summon messenger Shop Lv7 (Active)

Predator's presence LvMax (Hybrid)

Combat Genius LvMax (Passive)

Critical strike LvMax (Active)

Multi-Task LvMax (Passive)

Traits:

Old blood infusion

Hardworking

Unyielding

Inventory(+)

]

Nothing changed… WAIT!

[... Class: Old Hunter (Rare)... ]

Rare? What does that mean?

Could it be that Light blue means that my class is a Rare one? Like a translation of some sort?

… If only the Beginner's help system was still here.

I made fun of it, but it was super useful...

-HAHA! Look at me Philip! My Class has Immense potential! I got a freaking Red Class!...

-...

'At the same time, on the other side of the gymnasium. A young man looked at this situation and frowned'.

-It's the same all over again...

.

.

.

Notes

Timeline so far(From the perspective of the reader)

-Ancient times

-Nonspecified time

-1000 years ago, a big war in the Western continent took place, ending with the current layout of the races. And the extinction of Humans from other parts of the continent. The Humans most likely suffered from the combined might of the other races. The moment the Human kingdom took root. Making it the only Human kingdom in the Western continent.

Around this time, the Humans got their hands on the "Relics". If they already had it before wasn't specified.

It was also around this time when the Nadir Royal garden was created by the first generation of Heroes

-800 years ago, another big war took place, the Humans somehow found themselves in a position so advantageous that they could wipe out most of the other races. But they didn't.

-400 years ago, something happened and a conclusive peace treaty was signed between the other races and the Humans.

-300 years ago, another big event happened, and the Humans were supposedly the ones who suffered the most from this situation. They were also the ones who supposedly dealt with most of the situation while the other races did nothing. But they still had enough power in their hands to not be oppressed. The king of the time gave land to the other races in order to help with something.

Or as payment for peace?

-100 years ago, possible time for the last hero summoning?

-Present, the heroes are once again summoned. With the continent now on the brink of another big war due to other races finding ways to mass summon Heros. What will happen from now on?

~~~~~

As for the potential, I am sure many of you are confused.

Potential is kinda hard to describe because we only saw the MC point of view so far, and as we know, his situation is kind of special due to his Skill.

Well, everyone is… Every Hero is "special" in his own way… Although most heroes follow the already set system of the world but slightly modified to suit their Class. While the Mc is following the system set by his class

What I showed you is only the skeleton of this system. I plan to improve it over time. This may change in the future. I will try my best to not cause inconsistencies.

So I am open for ideas. :)

69