Entrance exams
945 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mind it i leave my stuff here? i don't want to scare people accidentally." alex explained honestly and ghira nodded. "you might want to take the sword to the first floor though , i can hear the beams straining to hold it up." he said seriously and alex agreed. it wasn't surprising when the floor stopped groaning after alex grabbed the sword since lowering weigh was a basic aura technique. alex left the sword near the stairs to ghira's office before walking out of the building casually like he belonged and no one even noticed him as he blended into the background easily.

The capital was a fascinating place for alex as there was something new and interesting to see everywhere he went. at one point alex came across four different skewer vendor who seemed to be identical to each other yet were in competition with each other. it turned out they were quadruplets but each believed that a certain flavor was best and opened stalls to settle the matter. alex bought a skewer from each stall to try and found he preferred the spicy version better. it was interesting to see the brothers tally this on a nearby blackboard showing the public reviews.

Alex's favorite place however was the entertainment district that had every manner of entertainment imaginable. alex was partial to the skill based games that he had heard about in his previous life but never got a chance to play. he had a bright smile on his face after winning a cheap stuffed grim plushie in a ping pong cup game. alex lost more than he won since most of the games were rigged costing him a decent amount of lien but he didn't mind at all. it was relaxing for him to lose for once even if it was because they cheated.

Alex explored the various games till the night began to fall and he decided to head back to ghira's mansion. once again no one even noticed as alex entered walked the building but alex himself was surprised to see members of the palace guard competing over who can lift his weapon. it was funny to watch as these people rolled up their sleeves and tried lifting the half ton weapon. the best anyone did was when a bear faunus tried and got it off the ground a foot before the strain got too much.

Alex noticed adam also watching this spectacle from a nearby corner and quietly walked over. "not going to take a crack at it adam?" alex teased. adam shook his head "the beams below his highness's office can support up to a ton of weight and that sword made it groan meaning it has to be at least half that right?" he speculated. alex shrugged " one thousand twenty seven point two pounds exactly." he answered calmly. adam didn't look all that surprised when alex confirmed his guess "if you are done making us normal folk look bad grab your weapon and follow me , your room is ready." he said calmly.

Alex walked to the stairs and under the stupefied gazes of all the guards picked up the weapon with one hand and clipped it to his back. "thanks for the show folks." he said with a teasing smile while walking off. adam saw this but could only just shake his head at it before walking down a nearby hallway with alex following shortly behind. the entire crowd of people watched alex all wondering who he was and more importantly how he was so strong. alex didn't care about any of this however as he followed adam.

It turned out that the next transport to vale was the next day since the weather had apparently been good on the way to menagerie. alex had to kill a sea serpent grim on the second day at sea but other than that he made it to vale uneventfully. according to alex's information he had a week left to enroll at beacon formally. needless to say he went to the enrollment office in town immediately since he preferred not risking it. this turned out to be a good choice since he needed to undergo thorough testing before finally being given his acceptance papers.

The exam consisted of two parts , the written test and the combat assessment. the written part wasn't a problem for alex since it just covered topics he already knew. the combat assessment however is where things took a turn. the assessment was split into three parts , aura check , strength gauge and live sparring. the first part was easily done but when they tried to gauge his strength he broke the machine. they passed him anyways but the live sparring caught the headmasters attention as he shattered his opponents weapon while also shaking the entire building from hitting the floor.

29