Not unreasonable
206 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh? and why would the elder of the brotherhood put themselves in harms way by leaving your base?" alastair asked curiously. "when your vessel suddenly seemed to appear on our long range scans my intuition told me that i would be needed with the recon team so i came." maxson said honestly. "intuition huh? that makes sense i suppose though i'm afraid you'll find no advanced tech here. you are free to check though." alastair said with a shrug. "if there is no higher tech here then what about those things you did earlier?" maxson asked with a non believing expression.

"That was magic ,no not those parlor tricks you are thinking of , real magic control of the elements , flight things of that nature." alastair said honestly. "do you seriously believe such lunacy?" maxson asked with a disdainful expression. that expression changed when alastair took on his dragon form which had grown twice as large and looked down at the man. "lunacy you say? then what is you explanation to this form of mine?" alastair asked playfully. maxson was too stunned at learning that alastair turned into a dragon , a beast straight from a fantasy novel was now standing before him.

"I'm not unreasonable please take your time , i have plenty of it after all." alastair joked at the gobsmacked man. it took maxson five minutes to process this frankly Ludacris situation he found himself stuck with. "so magic is real?" he asked just to make sure. "it is yes though most of those who knew literally even a tiny amount of it in your world died when the bombs fell minus a few small pockets." alastair answered simply while transforming back into his human form. "could the brotherhood obtain this power ?" maxson asked seriously.

"Could it , yes , will it , not likely. the fact of the matter is that none of the magic your world used before the bombs was worth a single strand of the stuff i use." alastair said calmly. "and before you ask no i will not be giving this knowledge to the brotherhood , mostly since you guys treat those you are supposed to be saving from themselves like shit under your feet." alastair cut maxson off before he could speak. "i assume you had some sort of bad experience with the brotherhood in the past from your words?" maxson said seriously.

"Oh no this is my first time in your world but i am extremely familiar with your history so i know that after the first two generations of your order , including your ancestor died the rest of the brotherhood slowly but surely began to think themselves above the rest of humanity despite what your core mission would imply." alastair said earning a angry frown from maxson. "explain to me how you are different than that , but don't try to lie to me." alastair said seriously. maxson looked like he wanted to argue but could only sigh in defeat. "you are not wrong , it is a common sentiment in the brotherhood that even i myself have." he said honestly.

"Yes and what do you think would happen if the brotherhood gained an unstoppable force like magic on top of your tech?" alastair asked calmly. maxson thought about it for a moment but alastair could tell he understood alastairs thoughts from the ugly expression on his face. "it seems you figured it out on your own , so no the brotherhood will not be getting magic from me but then again neither will anyone else in this recovering world." alastair said honestly.

"If it is not unreasonable would it be possible to know what it is you seek to do while you are here?" maxson asked dropping any idea of getting magic. "sir what of knight elsa?" one of the armor knights asked maxson concerned. "as a bonus for your understanding i am willing to dredge up your knight from the seabed if you'd like." alastair said casually. maxson nodded "if it is not too much trouble i would appreciate it." he said honestly. "no problem at all" alastair said before magically warping the knight onto the deck along with the massive crustacean they were wrestling with.

Both the knight and mirelurk seemed to freeze at the sudden change of venue before alastair swatted the mirelurk away casually. "not a big fan of stowaways" alastair joked. "You!" the soaked knight yelled at him angrily inside her armor. "knight elsa stand down." maxson commanded sternly. "but sir he!" the knight wanted to argue but maxson cut her off. "he punished you for arrogance before graciously bringing you back on board so we may a leave him be understood?" maxson snapped at the knight who stiffened "understood." she said through gritted teeth. "see i'm not unreasonable." alastair said with a smirk.

1