Screw this place
213 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir you realize this "person" isn't human right?" knight elsa asked seriously. "oh yes i made that abundantly clear but unlike what you may think my existence is beyond the purview of those creatures your order considers abominations." alastair said calmly. "elder maxson surely you can't believe such a lie right?" the knight says looking at maxson who just shakes his head with a sigh. "the tenants only extend to monstrosities made from science and as a result he doesn't qualify technically." maxson said honestly. "right as amusing as it is to watch you try and justify your self i think i'll just show you what he means." alastair says before transforming into his dragon form.

The knight freezes in terror as alastair levels a huge eye in front of her face "boo" he says playfully and watches her flinch. "this .... what ... impossible!" the knight says not able to accept the truth in front of her eyes. "that's right i'm a big magical dragon so your doctrine doesn't work on me figure out a different reason to hate me , go on i'll wait." alastair teased the flustered knight. "That's impossible magic doesn't exist , so you only look like a dragon." she says trying to debunk alastairs existence.

Alastair summons each of the elements from thin air and even inverts gravity causing her to float briefly. "oh yes magic is completely fake and none of what you just saw was real , feel free to try again." alastair had fun teasing the uptight woman. try as the poor woman might she couldn't deny the truth that was shoved into her face. "if magic exist where has it been all this time?" the knight asked angrily. "most of it was sucked away when the gods here vacated the planet long ago." alastair said honestly.

"Wait you mean gods are real!?" maxson exclaimed in surprise. "yeah kinda surprised me too , but time magic doesn't lie. there were in fact gods on this planet at one point but they all apparently got bored after a certain amount of time , so they left after sucking away most of the magic on the planet killing most of your magical species immediately." alastair said casually. "what do you mean by most of our magical species?" maxson asked curiously. "from what i can see a few of your magical species evolved to live without magic but still retained some ties to it." alastair said honestly.

"Which species specifically?" one of the other knights asked curiously. "well cats are the most common at the moments." he said casually. "wait cats are magical , seriously?" maxson asked in disbelief. "did you not read fairytales when you were a kid or something? there's a reason witches and wizards always seemed to have cats as familiars in those tales." alastair said calmly. "not all of those stories were accurate mind you but most had at least a nugget of truth to them and the magical affinity of cats is one such thing." he explains honestly.

"Did we have dragons like you at some point?" the knight asked curiously. "no , your dragons were little more than smarter beast in most cases though you did have a few with sentience. almost of of your magical species had magic literally woven into their existence so when it vanished they came apart not even leaving remains behind , dragons were part of this group." alastair explained why no evidence of these creatures still existed. "that would explain a lot about the lack of evidence of magical beings." maxson said with a nod.

"Not that any of this matters anyway since i'm going to be leaving in a few hours when my mana finishes refilling. and taking all my magic with me , though the spell work will likely give the world a tiny boost from the cost of it , but compared to the entire worlds supply it won't even be considered a speck." alastair said casually. "you just got here and you are already leaving? why" maxson asked in distress. "are you kidding me? this world has so little mana that most of my power as a demigod is sealed away , i barely have ten percent of my usual strength , do you know how uncomfortable that makes me?" alastair asked seriously.

"Can't you fix the worlds magic since you are a demi god before you leave?" maxson asked in a goading manner. "so i'm going to ignore the attempt to goad me into doing that and answer you anyways. do you know what separates a demi god from a full god?" alastair asked seriously. maxson shook his head. " demigods still retain a physical form while gods are beings of pure power , a literal sublimation of their souls into a higher state. this is why all gods are considered immortal as even if you destroy their physical forms they will just reconstitute them later."

"Demi gods tend to go through a long period of accumulating fragments of domains as well as power before CHOOSING to ascend or not. in order to fix this worlds magic i would need to bind myself to it as a god before pouring power into it for literal years in order to bring it up to an acceptable standard. the worse part is that by ascending early i would only be the lowest kind of god meaning if for whatever reason a foreign god were to show up I'd be helpless. so no i will not be fixing this worlds magic at the moment , maybe in the future when i accumulate enough but not now." alastair said honestly.

3