chapter 3
312 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One week later

After finishing his daily meditation, Adam opened his eyes to the sun high up in the sky.

During the week he had still not opened his aura nodes. Besides meditating and hunting, Adam also decided to train his body even though he had abnormal strength already he realised he was still pale in comparison to Killua's body before he even activated his nen.

So far he had hunted a variety of monstrosities, like killer squirrels that could fire nuts from their mouths at high speeds. They were tough battles that he had barely won, and after the battle he was left with small cuts all over his body and he even nearly died from the amount of blood loss from these cuts if it was not due to his higher speed healing factor quickly taking action and being able to replenish his blood he would have croaked.

As well as the killer squirrels there was also a stampede of deer with huge antlers that impaled him through his stomach. It was a struggle but he managed to kill the one that stabbed him as revenge and get away from the rest of the stampede.

And a herd of snapping turtles that stood at a height of 1 metre. Adam thought it would be an easy kill but the speed of the snapping turtle's necks was astonishing and it was hard to even get close to the herd of them so he was forced to retreat.

He made a home for himself on the top of the mountain because it seemed no other animals went up there.

Adam built a simple makeshift tent using logs and leaves to keep himself dry when it rained.

*************

After getting up from his meditation he decided to go hunting again as he was feeling hungry. He took his makeshift spear he had made using a stick with a sharp rock lodged into the end and went down the mountain following the stream to the lake where animals usually go for a drink, as far as he knows this is the only lake on the island when so it was natural to find animals here.

After searching for some time he came across a sizeable tiger sleeping on the ground under a large tree.

When Adam saw the tiger he was prepared to retreat before he saw the tiger's nose twitch suddenly.

"Ooh bloody hellfire here we go again"

Then the tiger opened its eyes and started to stand up reaching an impressive 2 metre vertical.

The tiger started to prowl forwards while growling in a low voice with a murderous glint in its eyes.

Adam readied his spear in front of him in case the tiger pounced, with his previous combat experience of surviving on this island he was somewhat ready to face a tiger but it is still a monster tiger belonging to the hunter x hunter world so Adam wasn't sure of his chances of victory.

If it was a normal tiger he would be confident to win since he now has the strength surpassing any normal tiger as well as combat experience from facing monstrous animals that are many times more dangerous than anything else found on earth. But then again this wasn't a normal tiger just judging by its size not even speaking of the speed or power and its even further heightened senses.

As the tiger grew nearer Adam clutched his spear harder until blood started to come out of his hands.

He was scared of this furious beast in front of him but he had the resolve to not turn around and run, even if he ran he knew that he would not make it far with his back turned to this beast.

The tiger scratched forward with its sharp claws that were stained with blood from all its previous victims, it was without a doubt that this tiger was at the top of the food chain on this island.

Adam was unprepared for the speed of the claws and could only attempt to dodge. He knew he wouldn't be able to move the spear fast enough to counter-attack due to the tiger's superior speed.

As he stepped back the tiger's claws nicked his arm leaving a shallow cut.

Seeing the attack successful and its prey not being able to react in time the tiger got prideful and tried the same attack again moving its claws at a high speed towards its prey.

But this time Adam was prepared for the attack and held his spear in the trajectory of the swiping claws.

This ended in a different result than the first time as the spear impaled through the tiger's paw but the tigers overpowering strength broke the spear in half leaving only a sharp stick in Adam's hand.

The tiger bit the spear still stuck in his paw and removed it from his paw, then it looked towards its prey and started to be more cautious.

The tiger let out a low growl again and started to charge forwards to Adam and pounced onto him knocking him down.

Adam saw the beast charging but had no time to react and ended up on the ground with the tiger on top of him.

Adams stick was knocked away from him during the fall.

As the beast went down to bite into Adam, Adam caught its mouth using both his hands and kept the beast's jaw open stopping it from clenching down onto his head and killing him.

But the tiger's jaw was strong and started to close onto his head, the tiger's teeth started to puncture into his skin.

Adam saw his life flash before his eyes, his loving parents, his pet tortoise he named Leo, and his last moments of his first life when he got hit by a truck and he heard the people screaming at the site of his accident.

He began to scream as well and he managed to pry open the closing jaw and push the tiger away from him.

Then he felt it. His aura nodes vibrated and start to show signs of opening. He felt something attacking them, it was thin and felt light, it was his life energy.

He grabbed a hold of that life energy and forced it to push against his aura nodes finally opening them.

He felt his life energy gush out of him and surround him while some was escaping.

He moved his attention away from the tiger for a second to stop his life energy from escaping, he visualized his nen flowing like blood through the body spreading around him in a cycle repeating itself non-escaping, then his aura stopped escaping and stayed hovering around his body.

"Finally I have nen, now I don't have to worry as much about surviving on this island"

While Adam's attention was focused on his nen the tiger once again charged and tackled him to the ground.

Adam focusing again on the tiger felt he was a bit foolish just then as his life is still in danger.

With his newfound increased strength, he grabbed the tiger and rolled so it was on the bottom of him and he started to pound at the tiger with his fists.

By the time he was finished, he looked at the tiger's concave head and the blood that had splashed everywhere on the grass and his clothes.

"I guess I'll have to clean these clothes again"

He picked up the tiger's body followed his same routine by carrying it to the stream taking its fur off and cleaning his body and clothes, then back up the hill to sit and eat.

However, this time was different. While eating and watching the ocean he spotted a wooden boat sailing.

His eyes expanded and his imagination ran wild with being able to finally escape and reach civilization in this world for the first time.

5