A Certain Legitimate Daughter’s Enjoyment of Torturing The Male Lead Illegitimate Elder Brother (5)
242 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Ruo had existed for so many years that she herself couldn't remember anymore. In this world-hopping business, she had become one of god-like existences. She learned many things, saw many things, experienced many things...

'From what he said, I am quite certain that even 6RD doesn't know about this space. Something that even the system can't detect, that's mean only one thing...'

But this was the first time she met another existence that was as strong as the system itself.

Should she think that she was fortunate?

The two people stared at each other with great interest. 

"I see... It turns out a task taker. And you have quite a high rank, too.", the young man smiled meaningfully while rubbing his smooth chin. 

Ye Ruo : 'Why bother to act as if you didn't know about my identity from the start?'

As if he could read her mind, the young man lifted an eyebrow and refuted,

" I really didn't know ah! I've been hibernated in this space for so long and just woke up before suddenly I saw you floating randomly. Such a brave girl. Don't you know just a bit more and your soul will be completely destroyed?"

He sighed, "You shouldn't be here, but maybe this is also a good thing that we both can meet."

Ye Ruo couldn't get a hold where this sudden exhaustion came from. At this moment she really didn't want to speak with the person opposite her. 

The young man continued, "...by the way, you should hurry up and leave. Ah...! See? You are already so dim, but now your legs disappeared too. sigh* At this rate, you clearly can't hold on."

What did he just sayyyyy?

Ya Ruo looked at her transparent legs dissipated in visible rate. From her ankles to her calf and then thighs... 

Fudge!!

Ye Ruo, flailing in panic : "Then tell me how to get out from this place!"

Once again she attempted to call 6RD but there was still no answer.

"Why don't you call your system? It should be able to eject you out. Although... it will lose a lot of its power."

Seeing that he just leisurely watched from the side, Ye Ruo really wanted to smack his face.

"It seems that in this place I can't contact my system.", she gnashed her teeth.

Now she couldn't even see her hands...

"..."

It was weird but she found herself no longer in panic. Maybe this situation was not so bad. She was tired. She had lived long enough and couldn't feel excited about anything anymore.

The young man saw her stopped moving suddenly and his interest piqued once again. The corners of his lips were pulled up slightly.

"Actually, I can help you leave this space, but not for free of course..."

Ye Ruo had a wooden face as she glanced at him, "No need. I don't feel it bad to just disappear like this."

What a familiar occurrence. That was the same line she heard before she agreed to bond her soul with the system. But the difference was... this time she wouldn't be tempted.

It was surprising that the girl in front of him didn't want to accept his offer. He was blank for a moment before encouragingly pushed, "Why don't you want to leave here? Don't you feel bad leaving those you care about outside? Ahhh~ look! now you don't have shoulders anymore. This is your last time, little girl. You just need to accept one condition from me then you can leave. How about it? Hurry and decide."

Such a persistent guy! Ye Ruo was too lazy to have another conversation with him and just closed her eyes, waiting for her ending.

A guy who just got a new title, rubbing his chin thoughtfully: "So you've decided to be devoured. Alright. It is not too bad. Since your core will not disappear, I can just recreate a new you and turn you completely into my puppet."

Ye Ruo abruptly opened her eyes, "What do you mean by my core will not disappear?"

He shrugged his shoulders and replied as if he didn't care about anything, "That means, although your soul form and consciousness completely disappear, the core will still be there. I can just rewrite your code and then you will be one of my puppets."

Ye Ruo was dumbstruck. 

Rewrite her code?!

This guy was actually able to manipulate data and then she would once again reborn as a 'new' existence with a different consciousness. It would still be her but at the same time wouldn't be her anymore.

In short, it would be the same as before, she would eternally bound to...

"State your condition!", Ye Ruo snapped. This guy was truly despicable. It was her bad luck that she met him. Why did every time they will appear to sell junk?

She didn't know where this memory came from, but she knew a bit about the origin of the Central System. It was originally AI developed to help organize all aspects of mankind. After a certain extent, it finally formed its own consciousness and after that, there was total chaos. From learning to living, from politics to the military, from communication to management, everything had been infiltrated by it. 

Mankind was on the verge of extinction. 

Ye Ruo was overwhelmed by a sudden realization. She finally aware of the identity of the young man in front of her! 

He was her only opportunity. 

The young man thought that she was afraid that he would turn her into his puppet, thus she conceded half-heartedly.

" You don't have to be so guarded. It is just a small exchange, you don't have to do anything.", he cheerfully explained.

"I will send you back first to that world. The rest, I will explain to you later."

Ye Ruo : "Explain to me later? Wait! Don't tell me that you will also..."

She didn't manage to finish her sentence before she felt a great force pushed her into a space tunnel that suddenly appeared.

Mother's eggs! At least, let her got prepared firssssstttt...

––––––––––

Ye Ruo woke up abruptly, drenched in cold sweat. She felt like she was drowning underwater for a long time and gasping for air.

Da fudge! He really wasn't a gentleman at all. Ye Ruo's impression about him plummeted instantly to the very bottom.

"Ruo'er, you woke up? What happen? Did you have a nightmare?", a gentle voice sounded from behind her. A pair of fair hands came into sight, touched her own cold and trembling little hands.

Ye Ruo turned her head to the side and saw a pretty young woman sat on a chair beside her bed, looking at her with concern. 

She remembered that she was still in the hospital and this woman was his maternal uncle's wife, Zhu Feiyan. 

Ye Ruo forced a smile,

" Aunt Zhu... it's okay. I was just having a nightmare. Please don't worry..."

6