A Certain Legitimate Daughter’s Enjoyment Of Torturing The Male Lead Illegitimate Elder Brother (10)
205 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Han QiuRan crouched down and supported Ye Ruo up. His face turned ugly as he saw her forehead bleeding.

"Uncle...hurts...", the girl weakly yanked his sleeve, sobbing in pain. She looked so pitiful, both eyes red and teary. Han QiuRan's anger instantly flared. He inhaled deeply, tried his best to control himself so he didn't burst and frighten his niece.

Qian Xue, still holding the doll in her arms, nervously spoke to defend herself, "It... it was not me. I didn't push her. She fell down by herself." 

She just slapped Shen Ruo's hand once. How could she fall so hard like that? 

A shadow hovered from above her head all of a sudden, made her startled. When she looked up her gaze met a pair of cold eyes. Qian Xue involuntarily trembled.

Qian ChiYuan stared coldly at this daughter of his. He actually never cared about her. For the sake of his future achievements, he needed Han family's support. He had planned everything and thought that perhaps this time his daughter could show a bit of her value hence he decided to use her.

Unfortunately, she was just a girl with no brain. He said that she had to befriend Shen Ruo. Was it a hard task? Just to smile and speak nicely, she actually failed to do so. Qian ChiYuan's impression towards Qian Xue right now was so low that it couldn't even drop any lower...

Han QiuRan: "Ruo'er, what happened? How could you fall?"

From his voice, Ye Ruo knew that he was truly worried about her. She couldn't help to feel a bit guilty, but for the sake of successfully framing the female lead who was under the protection of the protagonist halo, she couldn't act half-heartedly. So, in the end, she could only harden her heart. 

"Qian Xue... she showed me her dolphin doll. I  thought that it is so cute and wanted to touch it for a bit, but didn't expect to anger her instead.", Ye Ruo lowered her head and timidly answered.

Qian ChiYuan's jaws clenched harder. This daughter was truly a disappointment. He already made his mind to sort her out later.

Han QiuRan threw a harsh glance at Qian Xue who looked at him with widened eyes. 

Qian Xue: " No... no... I didn't do it on purpose. She tried to seize my doll forcefully. I just slapped her hand."

Ye Ruo buried her head even deeper into her uncle's chest, sobbing weakly. 

Qian ChiYuan knew that he couldn't let this matter become bigger beyond control. Now he had seen with his own eyes and assured of how Han family put great importance on this Shen girl. He needed to fix this failure.

"QiuRan, this is an accident after all. Xue'er is still small and insensible. How about we put this matter aside for now? Shen girl is injured, we should quickly treat the wound. How about you bring her back inside first?"

Han QiuRan didn't want to stay any longer either to care about this pair of father and daughter. It wasn't like he never heard how his niece was treated and looked down upon. He thought that this friend of his was different but after this incident, he seemed to have a problem with his eyes and need to be checked...

He swiftly lifted Ye Ruo and carried her in a princess carry, leaving in rushed strides after gave Qian ChiYuan a slight nod.

Being left alone with her father, Qian Xue was uneasy. She looked up and showed her pitiful face.

"Father... It really wasn't my fault..."

Qian ChiYuan looked down at her and sneered, "Then was it her fault? Even if it was, will anyone believe you? Who is Shen Ruo?"

Qian Xue bit her lip, unwillingness clearly revealed on her face. She clenched her fist into a ball. She just couldn't put a nice face in front of Shen Ruo no matter what. She was just an unloved motherless girl. In Shen family, everyone treated her coldly. Furthermore, she was disabled and weak.  Why must she lowered her head in front of that kind of girl? 

Other kids at her age wanted to flatter her, yet her father wanted her to flatter Shen Ruo instead? On what ground she deserved better treatment more than her?

On what ground? 

Qian ChiYuan noticed her ugly expression and scoffed in contempt. Didn't want to waste any more useless words, he turned his back and strode away.

As expected of that woman. She even gave birth to another brainless child. The son couldn't meet his expectation and the daughter was even worse. He needed to consider nurture another heir...

Inside her hospital room, doctor Wen had cleaned and bandaged her wound. Ye Ruo laid down weakly on her bed, looked at the back of three adults who spoke with lowered voices at the door. 

Zero who was just quietly watching the drama before, finally appeared. 

[Your uncle and aunt really care about you. sigh* That was a good move. Once again, you opened my eyes.]

Ye Ruo: "With just this little trick and you have been so amazed? No wonder you can't win against Minerva until now..."

Zero, the veteran loser: ...I am praising you, you know?! Can the words came out from your mouth be less hateful?

The adults have done speaking and doctor Wen left. Both Han QiuRan and Zhu Feiyan entered the room. He was clearly still very upset, said between gritted teeth, "That Qian family... I need to reconsider our friendship."

Zhu Feiyan put her hand on his shoulder, kneading gently to appease. 

Ye Ruo felt slightly warm inside her heart. She showed an innocent smile and said sweetly, "Uncle, this is just a flesh wound. Didn't doctor Wen said that it will scab in three days? Just rub the ointment and it will heal without a scar."

Han QiuRan blamed himself: " Ai~ If I knew beforehand, I wouldn't let the girl approached our Ruo'er. Fortunately, I came at the right time. If I was a little bit late, I am afraid..."

The atmosphere inside the room became gloomy. Ye Ruo wanted to speak but she heard Zhu Feiyan angrily said, "There will be no next time! You don't have to worry, dear. I will stay by our Ruo'er side all the time. If the girl from that Qian family come again, I will never let her pass that door!"

Ye Rou: Aunt, I am fine, alright? That was just an act. An act...

Zero: ... so fierce?! Just like a mother hen protecting its chick. She won't even let a little girl go. Truly a capable mother. 

Ye Ruo helplessly endured her uncle and aunt naggings for a while before they reluctantly left and let her rest.

She sighed in relief and closed her eyes.

Zero: [Ah! I forgot! Do you want to see what happened to the female lead chibi version after you left with your uncle?]

Black lines imaginarily appeared on Ye Ruo's face.

Chibi version...

"Okay. Show me!"

She heard Zero's cheerful laughter as a flashing transparent book-shaped screen appeared in front of her. Ye Ruo was taken aback, "How can this screen appear just like this? What if someone came in and saw it?"

Zero: [No problem. Nobody can see it besides you anyway...]

Ye Ruo: sigh* "That's good. You scared me."

chuckle* [Just a small thing yet you already this scared? No wonder you took so long before you cut off Minerva's Soulbinding.]

Ye Ruo who was counter-attacked: ...

The corner of her mouth subconsciously twitched. 

Let's just focus on watching the female lead... chibi version... instead...

Ye Ruo watched as Qian ChiYuan reprimanded Qian Xue harshly. She felt it quite funny that a father could be that disdainful towards his own flesh and blood.

Zero: [A man like him... aside from his own interest, how can he care about anything?]

Somehow she could hear Zero's tone turned nasty. Ye Ruo restrained herself to make any comment. 

Scenes inside the screen changed one after another. She put extra attention on a peculiar part.

On the screen, Ye Ruo saw the female lead stood alone, watching her father's receding back. She put an expression full of hatred and muttered between gritted teeth, "Shen Ruo... you just wait. My brother won't let you go."

Such a childish temper! 

The female lead lost to her, so she intended to use her brother's hand to give her a lecture? 

Ha.Ha.Ha.

As if she would let her do whatever she likes. The original Shen Ruo was so miserable. She must make them paid, of course.

That was the last scene. 

Ye Ruo adjusted her position to sleep more comfortably. 

Zero: [What are you planning?]

Ye Ruo: ...What was she planning? Of course... to bring the female lead into the path of no-return.

9