Hunting
84 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the day was dedicated to resting and knowing about his new and improved rank 2 cultivator's body, rank 2 cultivation doesn't provide one with any magical skills until learned separately.

He knew very little about the outside world, and he decided the next step would be to go on some missions to gain Sect contribution points, he needed contribution points to get rank 2 cultivation techniques or magical skills or martial arts techniques, he couldn't get any improvements in his cultivation with the basic elemental Qi absorption technique,

The next morning he made his way back to the market to pick up a weapon and random items required for today's random crafting recipes, weapons were as common here as eating utensils back on earth. The mission hall was a place where disciples went to take missions and collect rewards, the most common missions were killing beasts and collecting their materials or collecting herbs for making pills.

The outskirts of the sect were surrounded by different biomes, where many different hunting grounds were located, which contained low-rank beasts.

Frank took the most basic missions and made his way towards the specific hunting ground where the monsters were located. While on the way he crafted today's random craft-able items.

[BEANS+HANDCUFFS: CUP OF IMMORTALITY]

[WATCH+QUARTZ CRYSTAL: BUDDIST WAR CULTIVATION TECHNIQUE]

Holding onto the cup of immortality, which looked like a chalice, felt light, and was decorated with golden designs, the Buddhist war cultivating technique looked more like a holy grail than a cultivation technique.

"Inspect," He said looking at the cup of immortality.

[CUP OF IMMORTALITY: Drinking a full cup of liquid Qi from this cup will extend one's lifespan by 10 years, Qi can be collected into the cup by infusing Qi from the user's dantian]

"Holy moly, this thing is extremely OP," he said inspecting the engraving on the cup of immortality. Next, he moved his gaze onto the cultivation book.

[BUDDHIST WAR CULTIVATION TECHNIQUE: Rank 4 cultivation of the Buddhist sect. Cannot be practiced by users' current cultivation base]

"Seems like the Buddhist cultivation technique cannot be practiced by someone using Elemental sect disciples who practice the Elemental Qi absorption technique," said Frank contemplating his choices on what to do with the Buddhist war cultivating technique.

'Guess there's nothing I can do with it, for now, I absolutely cannot become an enemy of the other sects, there's no way for me to explain where I got this technique ' he thought.

He entered the hunting ground, which was a huge mountainous forest with a spear in hand and a dissection knife at the waist, the spear seemed the safest and easiest weapon to use currently due to his inexperience. The first target of his wrath and requirement of the mission was hunting demonic rats, these rats were about three feet in length and two feet in height.

Looking around for a while he encountered his first demonic rat, which looked quite fierce with razor-sharp teeth and claws, the rat leaped in his direction with its sharp claws forward ready to scratch him. All the confidence he had in himself fighting disappeared instantly, he was nothing special on earth, the most extreme physical activity he did was cooking or taking a shit, shitting after only eating fibers and carbs wasn't easy.

Thrusting the spear forward with all the sheer mental strength he could muster up in hopes of ending the life of the rat. The spear tip missed the rat but the wooden part barely hit the rat away knocking it unstable. Pulling the spear back out, legs quivering, hands shaking he prepared himself for another strike. Thrusting the spear forward again into the unstable rat which was struggling back onto its feet, impaling it successfully killing it on the spot.

Killing the rat provided him with instant relief, which didn't last very long. Feeling a sharp pain in his leg, he jumped away shaking his legs furiously and abandoning the spear. The rat which was biting onto his leg landed on the ground with a thud, looking back he realized he had been flanked by dozen of rats while he was distracted by the already dead rat.

The rats not in any hurry slowly started to surround him, seeing this made Flank's heart drop, realizing if he reached for the spear wouldn't do him any good, taking a deep breath the took the first stance of the 9 continuous fist technique ready to attack the first rat that dared to attack, ascending to the 2nd rank in body cultivation made it easier to complete the first stance.

Knowing the most basic behavior of rats he figured the first rat to attack would be probably from behind, he calmed himself down waiting for the first attack,

A rat attacked from behind as he had assumed, ducking down and twisting at the hip he uppercuts the rat in the underside, the punch didn't do much damage except knock it away from the immediate attack area and stunning it in the process. The rest of the rats attacked like a wave.

Frank's senses were almost on fire, time almost came to a halt in his eyes, blood almost boiling he prepared the second stance, and punched the oncoming rat squarely in the face squishing its brain in its skull. Not stopping for anything he continued the rest of the stances, attacking the rats' Attack that didn't land on the head or face of the rat survived till the fifth stance, after the fifth stance the strength of the punches improved exponentially almost crushing the bones of his own hands. Attack's strength after the ninth stance didn't increase but he could perform the 9 continuous first technique from the first stance its strength not increasing any further.

Killing the last rat, he felt like the entire world had turned upside down, his body exhausted to its limit, his body and elemental Qi drained. This entire ordeal had almost killed his motivation to cultivate, looking around he inspected the surrounding hoping not to see any more live rats, Not seeing any, he sat down to calm his nerves down. Sitting down, he realized that he had started crying, tears rolling down his face.

"I don't want to be here any longer, I want to go back," he said moving into the fetal position, after a while of crying he almost felt light-headed and hurting all over his body.

Feeling calm enough he started practicing the basic elemental Qi absorption technique to refill his dantian, once this was done filling his dantian, he activated the basic elemental body cultivating technique filling up his body with body Qi.

As energy started filling his body he realized that the wounds from the bites and scratches stopped bleeding. Feeling better enough he thought back on the previous battle, contemplating his mistakes and what he could improve on, the fear from before almost subduing.

"Status," he said wanting to see his improvements.

[USER: FRANK]

[SPECIES: HUMAN]

[HEALTH: 71/100]

[STAMINA; 851]

[ELEMENTAL Qi: 600/1000]

[BODY QI: 400/1000]

[RANK: 2nd STAGE BODY CULTIVATOR][RANK; 2nd STAGE DANTIAN CULTIVATOR]

[DANTIAN TECHNIQUE: BASIC ELEMENTAL Qi ABSORBTION TECHNIQUE]

[BODY TECHNIQUE: BASIC ELEMENTAL BODY CULTIVATION TECHNIQUE]

[QUEST: NONE]

'Seems like one unit in elemental Qi is equal to one unit of body Qi, and seems like my mastery in 9 continuous fist technique also increased ' he calculated looking at his stats.

Using the dissection knife he cut off the teeth and claws from the rats, these were the only material needed from the demonic rats. Once done he made his way towards the safe zone in the hunting ground with his spear hand.

4