Motivation
71 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The safe zone was surrounded by a defensive wall, which encircled a couple of stalls and inns where disciples could rest, renting a room, he tried to sleep instantly, his body and dantian were energized but he was mentally exhausted. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't fall asleep, the only question on his mind was.

'Why am I doing this?, why am I cultivating " he asked himself.

The only answer he could come up with was because the original owner of this body wanted to. He himself didn't have any motivation to cultivate, thinking of all the reasons he would want to cultivate he couldn't come up with any, yeah the protagonists in all these manga and novels wanted to reach the peak of power to protect someone but him, he didn't have anyone he cared about neither here nor back on earth.

Not being able to fall asleep he left to walk around the safe zone, walking around he saw many people working hard laborious jobs, even more cultivating. Groups of people returning from hunting, some people injured some not, he wondered what their motivation and purpose were.

"There isn't any purpose to my life here? is there" he said out loud contemplating all his life decisions so far.

He was just a neek, nerd, loser, loner, and a coward he didn't make anything of his previous life, he wasted all his time doing absolutely nothing, he contributed nothing to anyone's life, and his time back on earth was useless.

The idea of doing something useful with his life appeared in his mind, he just needed enough confidence to trust in himself. Making his way towards the middle of the safe zone where most of the people were, taking in a deep breath he shouted at the top of his lungs.

"I promise to dedicate my whole life to helping people in need" he shouted, standing with the proudest look on his face, with his chest puffed, heels slightly lifted, and looking upwards.

If looks could kill, he would have died multiple times over. Everyone was staring at him with gazes that could burn through rocks. 

Saying all this he couldn't go back to sleep, he needed strength to fulfill his oath. Holding tightly onto the spear he left the safe zone, deciding not to return until he was on death's door.

[QUEST: MAKE THE DREAM A REALITY]

'What's this quest' thought Frank walking back to the wilderness he searched for more rats to hunt.

"I need battle experience, each beast I kill will be the building block to succeeding in my dream," he said, planning out the future he wanted to walk on.

Walking around, he found another demonic rat feasting on one of its own. There was still fear in his eyes but the dedication and purpose made his hand stable and feet strong. pulling his spear back, he trusted with the entirety of his strength, ripping through the fur of the rat and impaling it like meat on a skewer, rising the spear over his head he once again shouted.

"Come on, I will kill you all" this was more of a battle cry, to encourage himself and taunt his enemy, But somehow he felt that he had infused both Elemental and Body Qi into it, making it reach as far as possible, echoing back from the mountains.

This battle cry summoned all the surrounding rats to his location, this time he was more skillful with his spear than the last time, going more with slashing than impaling. No matter how many he killed, more and more appeared, there were thousands of them, killing one after the other, blood splattering all over the place. Even breaking the spear didn't stop his killing rampage, impaling another rat with the broken spear handle, he let go and readied the first stance of 9 continuous fist technique, his bare brawling didn't stop even when he felt extremely exhausted.

His battle cry had even intrusted all the disciples in the safe zone, who by now had come out to see what that atrocious cry was. Seeing Frank's battle everyone's spirit riled up, and everyone with enough spirit joined in on the fight.

All this support started slowly dwindling the population of the rats, rats being the cowardly creatures slowly starting to retreat. Flank didn't stop fighting the rats until the rats completely disappeared.

Falling to the ground, Frank looked around seeing all the people coming together and fighting for one cause, this brought a smile to his face. His first step towards helping people came to an end, this wasn't what he was expecting, but something was better than nothing. 

Everyone had a smile on their face, all these people were ruined disciples, young disciples, and suffering disciples who were affected by the recent war. The war wasn't much of a win for the poor and lower status members of society, this being the first decent win, everyone was happy.

Some people gathered around Frank asking basic questions and making small talk, and being in a good mood Frank didn't want to ruin the mood, so he played along. Everyone being done celebrating sat down to cultivate.

As everyone cultivated, all the Elemental Qi in the environment begin gathering in the hunting ground, there wasn't much of a group cultivation culture in the sect, this was the first time hundreds of disciples started to practice basic elemental Qi absorption techniques in such closed quarters.

The elemental Qi in the surrounding almost felt physically tangible, everyone felt their cultivation increase drastically. One wasn't able to increase their cultivation with the previous rank cultivation technique, but somehow the impossible was happening. More and more of the elemental Qi was being condensed, almost into a liquid state, this was impossible for cultivators under rank 4 to do. This surrounding was the premium environment to cultivate in.

Every good thing had to end, and soon most of the disciples started to get stuffy, the rank of every disciple increased by 50%  before it came to a stop. As every disciple stopped cultivating the environment turned back to normal. 

Every disciple gathered their respective demonic rat material and returned to the main sect. Rumors of this scene shocked everyone in the sect. That entire event had the price of demonic rat material deflate completely, but more disciples were excited by the discovery of the new cultivation technique. This technique was almost legendary, no other known cultivation technique would increase one's cultivation by 50% in a single rank.

The discovery of this technique was mostly credited to Frank because he was the one who brought all these people together.

4