Queen
28 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He kept forging for about an hour until his sword was complete, It wasn't anything special, one could get better quality than this in the market for almost nothing.

Putting the sword aside, he picked up another iron ingot starting the forging progress again, after a while, he forged another sword, just a little better quality than the previous one.

Exhausted from forging, he returned from the minor forging sect and went to sleep. Waking up the next morning he took a walk outside enjoying the scenery, Many of his fellow disciples were training in the open field outside their residence. Walking towards them frank talked with them for a while, asking them whether they were excited about the next hunt or not and their attack skills or fighting technique,

He even sparred with some of them getting his ass beat, Frank was better at barehanded fights due to 9 contentious fist techniques, and nobody was objecting to his strength from losing the spar cause he had defeated a hobgoblin alone.

Bidding his goodbyes frank left towards the sect market, his hands were etching to forge, but poverty didn't help much in this situation, taking out the silver sword from the dimension ring he sold it to a store selling it for dozen of gold coins, silver was one of the rarest metals used for making arrays, anybody would buy it eagerly without any second thought.

For the next three days, he did nothing but craft weapons, he had taken more lessons from the teachers in the minor forging sect improving slowly but steadily. He had taken more interest in forging spears, this was the preferred weapon he fought with.

He didn't forget to check the random crafting recipes, the items he had craft6ed within these days were.

[MANA POTION: RESTORES USERS MANA]

[ELEMENTAL PEARL: RESTORES QI AND HELPS BREAK THROUGH RANK]

[VIBRANIUM KNUCKLES: KNUCKLES ABLE TO ABSORB KINETIC AND POTENTIAL ENERGY]

These were the thing he could afford with his current wealth.

"Don't know mana even existed here, probably wouldn't be good to drink this without more information" said Frank thinking of all the fantasy stories which had mana as its power base.

"And what would happen with the vibranium knuckles and the 9 continuous fist technique used together," he said reminding himself to use it next time in actual combat.

Walking out of his residence he met up with some of the other disciples walking towards the sect mission hall, today was the day they went hunting again, reaching there he saw that most of the disciples who were part of their hunting squad were standing outside.

Being the leader of team 7 he made his way forward where all the other leaders and strategists were standing around, the only person that wasn't present there was Lex. Looking clueless one of the leaders explained what was happening, the sect had decided to give them a personalized group mission cause they were messing around with the sect missions hunting in such a large quantity.

After a while Lex walked out, asking all the disciples to follow him someplace quieter, almost 120 people standing outside the mission hall didn't please the elders much.

Standing over all the disciples, Lex informed them of all the recent events. First, their residence in the demonic rat hunting ground was almost built for the practice and improvement of the new technique, second, he had somehow begged and annoyed the elder who had given them the demonic rat hunting ground to sponsor their minor sect, and third, the sect had asked them to exterminate the demonic rats from their new minor sect location.

Everyone felt like they were dreaming, all of this was good news no bad news came after, they had gotten whatever they wanted, and they felt like the Gods were smiling upon them or have blessed them with extreme luck.

Not stalling any longer they went to the safe zone or from now on their minor sect, the strategist had a long meeting about their strategy, exterminating the demonic rats sounded easy but were a rather tedious and dangerous task. They had an extremely guarded breeding ground, we're going in without proper preparation could lead to death.

The plan was to hunt in a group of three with no leaders, a shield user, a spear user, and a bow user, this plan was designed because rats were easier to hunt than goblins.

Wasting no time each team went out hunting, nothing special happened on the first day, all the scavenging rats died quite easily, one arrow, slash from a spear, or slam from a shield killed them easily.

There was a total of 39 teams, if a team were to come upon the rat's nest almost 20 teams were to come together and attack it together. On the first day, nothing happened except killing the small fries of the rats, on the second day the nest was found but the teams returned before exploring it completely due to the lack of light.

Everyone was assigned to explore the nest, frank wasn't in the team who had discovered or hunted in the nest the previous day, the nest was a system of tunnels leading into the royal chamber where the queen resided. One thing everyone was excited cause the groups had discovered dead bodies of disciples that died previously in the nest, or were dragged to the nest by rats to be eaten by the young of the rats and the queen this meant there was a chance of them finding pills or techniques from the dead body.

The exploration of the Rat's nest went smoothly, all of the rats were killed the only thing remaining was the queen's chamber and the queen's guard. The 12 leaders assigned for the previous battle were to fight the queen while the rest of the disciples were to face the royal guards. The queen was the size of a small car back on earth, she had red eyes and humongous claws, while the royal guard was the same size as normal demonic rats but more muscular.

As the fight started the twelve leaders rushed to the queen, the entrance of the royal chamber was quite large so everyone rushed inside at the same time, the leading team consisted of 5 shield users, 4 spear users, and 3 bow users, and the archers stayed back while the rest of the team engaged the queen at close quarter combat.

The queen's strength was at another level than anything they had previously faced, one swipe from the queen's claws blew the shield tower away, making an opening for her to attack the spearmen, luckily for them, Frank summoned an earth spike in between them ending the charge of the queen.

This surprised the rest of his teammates but none of them had any time to waste on this, the shield users made the shield wall back up sturdier than before, not missing the chance to attack all the attackers in the group barrage their attacks on the queen's body.

The rat queen jumped back leaving the attack range of the group, screeching it raised its claws swiping at the shield war, and an almost invisible wave of sharp wind shot towards the shield wall. Landing on the shield cut them in half, throwing shrapnel all over the area.

"It's a rank 4, everyone finishes your battle quickly we gonna need all the help we can get" shouted Frank at all the disciples fighting the royal guards.

The shield was still large enough to block the rat's next attack, almost all the archers in the hunt focused their attention on the queen, there were 8 royal guards, making it easy for the groups to hunt without the archers.

The arrows flew above the leader's group landing on the body of the rat, almost 32 archers shooting arrows was deadly even for a rank 4 beast, pulling back the spear users held their spear like a javelin shooting it at the rat queen. The rat queen lost her life faster than they had expected, all the battles had finished during all this commotion.

Everyone cheered looking at the massacre of the rats, none of the disciples had lost their fight only minor injuries, and the fighting force of the humans was quite extreme for only 8 royal guards and a rat queen. Resting for a while the disciples started searching for any treasure left behind by a dead disciple.

3