Hatching
26 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was quiet for a while, during this time all sorts of development took place, and good luck was on their side everything seemed to be going well for their sect. The development of their new synchronous elemental Qi absorption technique had completed about 80% of the way, but it still needed to develop more to be usable, and a lot of modification and perfection for it to be perfect.

Still, no one eased in the work on the Qi development technique everyone was working at full throttle developing and working with the modification department to smooth out the problems in the technique.

Sect missions were being completed by the hunting squad acquiring merit points for the sect and obtaining manuals and resources for the sect, if someone came out to the middle of the sect it would almost seem deserted, everyone was working in their respective jobs. It was almost the day of the awarding ceremony, everyone wanted to contribute something.

The Qi absorption technique was supposed to be announced in the ceremony the only thing that was left to do was engrave a large enough array for everyone in the minor sect to cultivate at the same time. They decided to do it themselves even though they could pay someone, it finished on the day the monthly award ceremony was to take place.

Everyone was standing on the training ground ready for Frank to give them the good news, preparing himself he spoke.

"Everyone today is the day we make history, who would have thought we would amount to anything, today we break through the chain of inferiority and be something special. We have developed a technique anyone would be envious of, everyone contributed to this, today we do something that never happened before" shouted Frank with the most enthusiastic voice possible.

Lex completed the rest of the speech, not just the synchronous elemental Qi absorption technique but some of the other techniques that were coming along nicely, especially the hunting squad who were awarded handsomely. The pill concoction department had invented a cheap and efficient pill that could replenish elemental Qi faster, this couldn't increase their rank only replenish their Qi.

Everyone was directed to the cultivation array which was named the cultivation grounds, this ground was the size of a 30-meter square with 150 cultivation platforms and an engraving on the ground leading into a well in the middle. The beast egg had doubled in size, it was becoming more efficient in its task, it felt like the egg was adopting the technique and was doing what was required of it to perform the Qi absorption technique.

The tension in the air was palpable as everyone sat on their respective cultivation platforms, Frank stood up instructing everyone on what to do for the technique to work properly, It took an hour for everyone's questions to be answered, and finally, they started.

All the elemental Qi in the environment from almost all the areas of the minor sect and some beyond poured into the well in the middle of the array like a cyclone, it almost seemed like a tornado had appeared in the minor sect, nobody was left out of the synchronous elemental Qi absorption technique to appreciate the beauty, this tornado was made up of two tornadoes with the smaller tornado having the basic 4 elements while the outer tornado the rest of the elements, these tow tornadoes were spinning in opposite direction to each other.

The major 4 elemental Qi would condense into the well in the middle while the rest of the elements Qi would hit the ground outside of the array and dissipate into the environment, the raw effect of the liquidized Qi would be swallowed up by the beast egg while the residual Qi would be dissipated into the array slowly being absorbed by the practitioners. This cultivation technique had lost some of its speed but had become easier and safer to practice, the practitioner only had to absorb and direct the Qi into one specific spot while the technique did the rest.

Everyone slowly felt their cultivation base rise, they enjoyed this feeling, they had been stagnant for too long. Everyone marveled at the feeling of cultivating this new technique.

This scene was a marvel for everyone looking from the main sect and the many minor sects that it was visible, The effect from the synchronous elemental Qi absorption technique didn't reach any of the surrounding sects but the visuals were more than enough.

They cultivated for about an hour before everyone's dantian was filled with elemental Qi, their cultivation base had increased by leaps and bounds, increasing the cultivation rank for the first 60% or so was fast, then the speed decreased quite considerately.

"status," said Frank, wanting to check his improvement.

[USER: FRANK]

[SPECIES: HUMAN]

[HEALTH: 400/400]

[STAMINA; 1800/1800]

[ELEMENTAL Qi: 1800/1800]

[BODY QI: 1000/1000]

[RANK: 2nd STAGE BODY CULTIVATOR][RANK; 2nd STAGE DANTIAN CULTIVATOR]

[DANTIAN TECHNIQUE: SYNCHRONOUS ELEMENTAL Qi ABSORBTION TECHNIQUE]

[BODY TECHNIQUE: BASIC ELEMENTAL BODY CULTIVATION TECHNIQUE]

[QUEST: NONE]

"These stats skyrocketed" shouted Frank looking his stats up and down.

While everyone was inspecting their condition nobody noticed the egg hatching. The only thing that attracted their attention away was the screech of a beast. Everyone knew about the beast egg and knew quite well where the noise came from. Frank building up the courage walked towards the well in the middle and reached faster than anyone cause he was the closest to the middle, nobody interjected his choice knowing the beast egg belonged to him.

Peeking in Frank saw the beast inspecting it in the process.

[ELEMENTAL OCTOPUS: The avatar of the elemental Qi born from the condensation of elemental Qi into a beast egg, is conscious of its surrounding, intelligent species, and extremely loyal to its benefactor ]

Soon everyone came together surrounding the well with the beast.

"So what now?" asked Frank looking around targeting nobody in particular.

Everyone shrugged their shoulders, and nobody answered thinking of a response. They didn't have any hatred in their heart towards the beast, it was almost as if they felt a sense of attraction to it, maybe it was the beast's egg helping in their cultivation or maybe it is the avatar of elemental Qi.

They decided to cultivate again to see if the beast hatching would negatively affect their technique. It didn't in turn increase the concentration of Qi in the air, while liquid elemental Qi in the well didn't dissipate, everyone stopped coming up with an answer on what to do with the beast, raise it, everyone came up with the same conclusion.

Everyone stayed for a bit inspecting the beast and the surrounding environment, the elemental octopus was swimming in the liquified Qi. The ground outside the engraved array had absorbed the remaining random elemental Qi except the major four, it felt like the properties of the surrounding ground had changed being very efficient cultivating in any of these elements.

It was decided for everyone to cultivate once each week at the same time, and almost nobody went back to their residence they went to the training ground for them to spar, Everyone was filled with energy that they had something to do with, and nothing better than sparring to exhaust oneself.

After sparring for a while everyone went back to their respective jobs to celebrate their success, nobody wanted to work anymore for today. Done with everything Frank went back to his residence going to bed immediately.

[UPDATE COMPLEATED]

[ACCEPT COMPENSATION FOR THE INCONVENIENCE]

Frank didn't have the energy to mess with the system and now went to sleep ignoring the system's prompts.

4