Trial Tower
29 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up the next morning he wanted no more than to take a bath and check the system. lying in his bath he spoke.

"System"

[USER WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO A TRIAL TOWER]

[TIME REMAINING 10 MINUTES]

"OH SHIT, NOT AGAIN" screamed Frank seeing the force teleportation message he could do nothing about.

Coming out of the bath he put on his clothes and the dimensional ring preparing for the trial.

[TIME'S UP]

He disappeared from his location as he had done before, but instead of appearing in an alleyway like last time with the tear of a time angle, he appeared in a bright room with racks of weapons decorating the corners of the room. He looked towards the only door in the room, which had a parchment with some writing on it. Walking towards it he read the following.

[RULES AND DIRECTIONS]

[USER WILL RESPAWN HERE IN CASE OF DEATH]

[USER CULTIVATION HAS BEEN STRIPPED AWAY FOR THE TRIAL]

[OBJECTIVE IS TO SURVIVE, CAN NOT LEAVE WITHOUT SURVIVING 1000 HOURS IN THE TRIAL TOWER]

[MUST LEAVE THE SAFE ZONE IMMEDIATELY, WAITING HERE MORE THAN AN HOUR WILL LEAD TO PERMANENT DEATH]

[NO REWARD AT THE END OF THE TRIAL]

[GOOD LUCK]

These were the rules and objectives put forward for Frank to understand.

'So no dying, that's cool but the pains gonna be a bitch' thought frank picking up his preferred weapon of choice the spear. There was nothing else in the room he left immediately.

The outside of the room was a long corridor leading to a huge hall, the walls of the tower were cut stones laid on top of each other, while a weird stone in the ceiling provided light, and there were no windows to the outside. A prompt was floating in front of him counting down from 1000.

Frank sensed the thumping of footsteps coming from the hall at the end of the corridor, the floor shook with every step and the vibrations were coming closer.

"Thank God my objective is to survive not to kill that thing," said Frank weirded out by the approaching monster.

The monster coming into view was a chimera the size of a large truck, the back half of its body was a horse while the front half was a gorilla dragging his metallic fists on the ground dragging himself forward by slamming his hands forward and dragging himself forward. The impact of his fist against the ground produced the thumbing sound that he had heard.

"Yeah no way, here comes the first death, this is gonna be a long day," said Frank dropping his head and looking at the ground.

The mortality of his body wasn't new to Frank he live on earth where he was less than a mortal, Building up the courage he ran towards the chimera, the chimera's back legs weren't functioning dragging them with him.

Frank tried stabbing the chimera's chest while its fists were on the ground, but the skin of the beast was tough and unable to be pierced by the spear. Frank stepped back increasing the distance between them. He tried again this time aiming at its face but the result remained the same,

Raising his fist the chimera struck Frank which he evaded easily, the beast's speed wasn't much while its strength could crush Frank in a single hit. Frank evaded the beast escaping from the narrow hallway into the hall, the hall was empty with a large fire burning in the middle heating the room almost uncomfortably.

Not letting Frank get a break Large spiders fell from the ceiling running towards frank with their fangs out. These spiders were easily dealt with, it was just a bother dealing with the spiders, the while it took for Frank to deal with the spider the chimera had reached him.

"The best method to hunt this is probably the eyes, should have taken a dagger too," said frank planning a method to get rid of the beast.

He had guessed probably more monsters were coming for him, he had to deal with the chimera quickly. Dodging the slamming fist of the beast he ran towards the dropped fist jumping onto his hands and running up towards the beast's head.

The beast tried shaking him off but was proved unsuccessful cause frank was holding onto the fur of the beast for dear life. Holding onto an eyelid of a beast he dropped down in front of its face stabbing it in the eye and blinding it in one eye.

Frank didn't expect the beast to slam his fist onto his own face as hard as possible smashing Frank into a paste. Frank opened his eyes reappearing back in the safe room.

"Quick death, nice," said Frank picking up another spar and two other daggers hanging them on his waist, he left the safe room and went back to the trial tower. This time the chimera beast wasn't anywhere to be seen only the spiders were coming towards him, which he killed effortlessly using the long range of the spear.

The time countdown went back to 1000, Frank figured he probably would need to survive all the time in one go to survive the trial.

He made his way toward the hall where he had previously died, he wanted to figure out whether the monsters he killed would respawn or would remain dead. He was pleasantly surprised to see the chimera beast lying in the middle of the room dead with the spear jammed deeper into its eye reaching its brain.

The force from the fist impacting his face while the spear was stuck in the eye had killed the beast. Making his way forward he walked further into the tower seeing if any other beasts were waiting for him.

Many other beasts were making their way toward Frank wanting to hinder his progress from completing the trial. He died at every hall, it being to one beast or multiple, each time he died the safe room would note down the time remaining and the monster he had died to on a leaderboard.

[960 HOURS REMAINING: SALAMANDER]

[904 HOURS REMAINING: CHIMERA ANT]

[700 HOURS REMAINING: SPIDER QUEEN]

[400 HOURS REMAINING: WOLF PACK]

[30 HOURS REMAINING: ALIGATOR]

Frank hadn't tried to kill the beasts, surviving was his priority, but he didn't let this chance slip by either to master his spear techniques or his handling of the spear. After many tries he had succeeded in completing the trial, the monsters didn't grow stronger as the trial progressed, so if he could defeat one he could defeat them all the only drawback was he had to learn all their weaknesses.

He had become numb to the feeling of death and danger but didn't take any steps without a proper plan, he would strategize and think back on his last death to prevent such mistakes in the future.

Frank finally relaxed as he heard the system notification come in.

[TRIAL COMPLEATED]

[USERS 81/1000 ALIVE]

[TELEPORTING USERS BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL LOCATION IN THIRTY MINUTES]

He saw all the monster corpses transform into a light and disappear leaving no trace behind, the other oddity he had come to realize was that no matter how much he abused the weapons none of the broke. Wanting to take some weapons back with him he picked up as many as he possibly could with his mortal body and sat down waiting to be teleported.

Thinking about all the time he spent here he realized he had mastered the spear to absolute mastery, nobody else had the option to train in a real-life experience without dying he was confident enough to beat any other disciple in a spar. And one other thing, the last message the system had left behind.

[USERS 81/1000 ALIVE]

"Guess I wasn't the only one reincarnated and given a system, more people were done so too, so the 81 remaining all the others had died maybe in real life or the trial safe room," said frank waiting to be teleported.

4