Outside the sect
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Most towns and villages were protected by the government while the sects and academies had a fixed territory to manage and protect. Frank had most cities surrounded by giant walls and thousands of guards. The aura released by the elders, leaders, and patriarch was necessary for the higher rank beast to stay away. They were the most important and secure pillars that supported the sect.

Frank had finally built up enough courage to walk into one of the most dreaded buildings he was hoping to ignore the library. He had information about future events and the history of the future, some of the beasts had evolved and some had gone extinct still the world was overrun with beasts.

The mission they had been assigned to them was to collect some monster materials and resources to make potions and cultivation pills. Their hunting party would be paired up with some other novice hunting team from another minor sect, the more resources one team could bring back the more resources they would get.

Frank wanted to have some general idea of how the world outside was, from all the information he collected, the nearest biomes that surrounded the sect were, a mountain biome, a plains biome, and an ocean biome. The elemental sect affected the surrounding biomes, unique and treasured plants grew in these biomes.

The Spear technique Frank and JJ had developed with the help of Ethan had a special ability, it could control the wind making each of their slashes burn the fire from the movement technique hotter and stronger while using the wind blade technique, blades of wind and fire would shoot out from the spear.

After mastering this technique the hunting squad had reached a new level of power, preparing everything that they required set out to on their mission.

Frank had also joined in their mission, he was almost a pseudo member of the hunting squad. He would frequently join them in their hunts, so none of the members were against him, he could easily integrate into their fighting style.

The hunting squad's strategy was to attack in a formation, using the fire movement technique at the same time leaving the ground they walked on ablaze.

As the hunting party left they were accompanied by other minor sects hunting squads and some senior disciples of the sect. The total number of disciples who had set out was around 1500, these were some of the disciples from the minor sects and the main major sect, these disciples were not that powerful, it was strength in numbers.

By doing this the disciples of all the different sects would familiarize themselves with each other and figure out which minor sect was the strongest.

They weren't important assets to the sect, so weren't provided with any sort of fancy traveling machines, the sect had large flying ships that could carry in the thousands, Frank knew of these because that had brought him here from his backwater city.

The trip was long according to the seniors, they would sometimes be given pointers by the elders, any advice the juniors could get they were appreciative of, they would have spars and sometimes parties, the way outside the sect was peacefully, but the further they went the more beasts started to appear.

The seniors would select some disciples who would have to fight the beasts, only joining in the fight if anything went astray. There were more than enough beasts for all the disciples to have their turn hunting in front of the seniors. The real competition was to start when they all reached the specified hunting domain.

Each domain had a specific ecosystem of monsters, some predators some pray. Frank and his minor sect had taken the ogres-centered hunting domain cause their fire would be more effective, and their spear technique was more effective against humanoid creatures.

Each hunting squad was left behind as their hunting domains came by, Frank and his team were left in a field near an ogre settlement. All the disciples had been told about the characteristics of ogres.

Their strategy was to pull a scout ogre from the settlement and hunt them for a while learning how to hunt better and faster. The treasures that were found would have to be submitted to the sect receiving an equivalent reward in exchange. They were given a dimensional cube that worked much like Frank's ring only bigger on the outside as well as on the inside. This was necessary for bringing back the resources to the sect and in some cases the bodies of the fallen disciples.

An ogre was 2 meters in height and 1 meter in breadth. Their species went to the 4 rank stage while like many other races had some individuals who far exceeded their limits. All the members of the hunting squad hid in the tall grass for the first ogre to be drawn into their trap, the scouting and bait unit didn't disappoint in bringing an ogre into the trap. Not all the squad was to fight against this ogre. Different groups were made from the strongest to the weakest to see how each person dealt with the ogre.

The ogre was much stronger and faster than any other beast they had fought, but this wasn't a challenge for the strongest unit, this unit had JJ and Frank along with two other disciples who had been ranked the strongest in the hunting squad, JJ was the strongest with Frank following close second due to him defeating all the hunting squad members in the spar in the training ground.

They could each easily handle one of the ogre's appendages, they had slain the ogre by targeting the weak points, the eyes, inner ear, and the mouth hoping to somehow hit the brain, JJ had dealt the finishing blow, everyone knew that he wouldn't let them forget this.

The rest of the units also dealt with the ogres, these were the strongest of the sects, and everyone had to defeat the ogre to maintain their honor.

This continued until two disciples could defeat the ogre on their own, some disciples could do it alone like, JJ and Frank till all the members through the 4th unit. There were more than enough ogres to hunt, they had been hunting for three days straight without their numbers even bugging.

The disciples were all dispatched to explore and find some Qi-infused plants and herbs while the strategists came up with a plan on how to directly attack the ogre settlement.

The best plan was to surround the settlement while burning the grass around the settlement, and to the wall of the settlement as well, this would fear the ogre in the settlement to come out in fear of burning alive, and the ones that didn't would suffocate due to the burning of all the oxygen by the fire.

Most of the ogres could escape the makeshift door that was already created for the settlement, they would make more exits so the teams in the front didn't have the blunt force of the numbers of the ogres.

Everyone had gathered around the settlement in the middle of the night making sure no ogres were outside, they had to take advantage of the ogre's poor night vision. JJ and Frank had taken the front gate while the other members surrounded the settlement. the fight started with the sound of a battle cry roared by all the disciples, firing all their spirits. Everyone knew that they would suffer more casualties than they had ever done before, but all the disciples felt the minor sect to be their home and they would ley their life down for it.

2