Extinction
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothing changed no matter how long Frank waited, he didn't even know how much time had passed since coming here. He would always be thinking of one thing or another, he felt extremely relaxed both mentally and physically, and he had nothing to worry about.

His only discomfort being he was unable to nice his body.

' Is this how comatose people feel' thought Frank.

Other similar weird thoughts would appear from time to time in his mind, still, he could somehow feel that not even a day had passed in actual time.

As time passed his thoughts slipped from weird into fantasy, he would think about things he wanted to do after getting out, he had started to crave socializing, and he wanted to meet up with his friends.

After some time he finally started to lose his sanity, he had started talking to himself more than any sane person should, and he even started seeing things moving in the void.

He held on for as long as he could before thinking to himself.

' Yeah fuck this, I have had enough he had reached the breaking point of his sanity anymore and he wouldn't remain the same.

He had one thought running through his mind, did he need to do this, he could get strong treasures from the random craft system. Thinking this for the last time, he let go of all his motivation to remain in this trial any longer, and bang he was teleported back.

He had returned to the waiting area they had first teleported to, he felt the restraints on his body release, he was beyond excited, there were no other disciples there this time.

He moved around to his heart's content, he felt free, feeling the taste of this freedom he didn't ever want to be bound again.

"Calm down or you're freezing up again" he heard from behind.

Looking around he saw the owner of the hidden realm drinking from his chalice while sitting on a couch.

"You meeting me here means I won?" asked Frank.

"haha, your funny, come sit here," said the figure.

Waving his hand a chair appeared in front of the couch, Frank didn't hesitate to sit down immediately.

"I will answer 3 of your questions ask," said the figure.

Being given an opportunity like this frank didn't rush, he thought for a while before asking.

"What did you ask about the parasite in my soul," asked Frank.

"The being who summoned you here put a tracking device in your soul" replied the figure.

Frank was surprised to hear that the figure could see the tempering of a being powerful enough to summon him here from another universe, then was the time for the second question.

"Who are you?" asked Frank.

"I was known as Deewan back in my youth, I'm about 1000 years old, make the last question something special" replied the figure.

Frank didn't have anything interesting he wanted to ask, he went with the most ridiculous question possible.

"If the ancestors are that strong why don't they wipe out the beasts?" asked Frank.

The figure swiped his arm again this time changing the scenery, they had appeared in the sky high above the planet.

"Now that's a question, your past life was from a civilized and modern world right?" asked the figure.

Frank nodded his head agreeing with his question.

"As the plants convert the carbon dioxide into oxygen the beasts convert all the different kinds of Qi back into universal Qi, all we cultivators take out the required Qi from the environment universal Qi, and its the beast's job to restore the balance, even if one kind of beast went extent like if the elemental Qi beasts went extent there would be no way to restore elemental Qi to the world," explained the figure.

Frank understood the figure's point, the world had many cultivation systems as Frank had guessed and the figure had conformed to his suspicion. While the figure was explaining the situation the background played like a video playing in fast forward, a small village turned into a town a city far larger than any he would even think of possible.

Then it changed from the city to the middle of a battlefield, with tens of cultivators fighting a horde of beasts, their battle was exquisite, sparks, fire earth, and many more attack flying everywhere. The battle ended with the cultivators winning,

"See this, these are the last species of mental Qi, they were hunted to extinction, the only technique mental Qi cultivators could use to cultivate was to absorb mental Qi directly from the beasts dantian" commented the figure.

The video changed back to the city, the hustling and bustling of the city had ended, it seemed almost barren.

"What happened?" asked Frank.

"This is what happened 74 years after the mental Qi beasts went extent, one of the largest civilizations in human history crumbled within a century, the old and powerful cultivators lived strong but the weak and young couldn't and everything ended, with no more mental Qi left in the world" replied the figure.

Frank was taken aback, he didn't expect an entire civilization to fall in just 74 years, the buildings in the city were tall enough to compare them to the mountain of the elemental sect. Frank realized something, the figure seemed sad recalling the events of the past.

"Forgive me for asking but were you a part of the mental Qi cultivators?" asked Frank.

"Right to the point I see, Yes I was, one of them who had hunted the most beasts, my family dead, some to old age and some due to battles, enough of this let us get back to the rewards and you lot leaving me alone," said the figure teleporting him back to the white room, his mood had changed dramatically compared to before.

The figure remained quiet for some time before swiping his hand in the air summoning a pill and a manual in mid-air.

"Select one, this pill will help evolve your brain past the capability of the human limits and this manual has a technique to purify one's soul, you will be able to remove the tracking device from your soul," said the figure explaining the value of each of the items.

Frank thought for a while before choosing the pill, his brain and memories were one of the advantages he had over the people of his world, he had knowledge of technology far surpassing that of this era, and the soul purifying technique would only spill out trouble for him if he somehow pissed the being responsible for bringing him here.

"You will need to take the pill here, so I can stop you from dying" commanded the figure.

Frank didn't wait any longer he had already made his choice, popped the pill into his mouth.

"Is this gonna hurt?" asked Frank.

"You really are funny, I have been a user of mental Qi for 1000 years and your asking me if this is gonna hurt, sit down and relax" replied the figure laughing at the top of his lungs.

Frank sat on the ground feeling the effect of the pill kicking in, he felt the hands of the figure on his shoulders falling unconscious immediately.

1