3. That Man Couldn’t Damage Her Heart And Body Again
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This year was the one when Hisaki's marriage to the psychotic man happened. Two months after summer changed to autumn, a grand wedding that made the residents of the poor town envy and praised her lasted for three days.

Igarashi Keigo was the man's name. He was 32 years old, ten years older than Hisaki.

His family was among the limited wealthy families in this area. His gentle temperament masked his sadistic nature thus, not many people believed Hisaki the first time she reported him for dosmetic violence.

'I can't let this happen... I can't!'

Hisaki shivered in fright as she recalled the days and nights she suffered under the man's violence. No matter how many decades had passed in her original life, the trauma could still easily weaken her.

'Stay calm, Hisaki. You can do this.'

Since the magic happened, Hisaki refused to let her grandfather and the scum man tortured her again. She would get out of this house and quickly find her old man!

Hisaki walked to the door. Her heart beat wildly at the thought of meeting her parents and younger brother again. She was unsure of how should she feel.

Hisaki's relationship with her parents was strained. She resented them because they did nothing when her grandfather opposed her from continuing her study.

In fact, the resentment started even when she was young.

As for her younger brother, they had a close bond of siblings. Hisaki never forgot the fact that her brother did everything he could to free her from her abusive ex-husband in her previous life.

Creak...

The old wooden door creaked. Hisaki slowly walked out of the room.

BAM!

"Ah!"

Hisaki instinctively covered her forehead. Something heavy hit her before it fell to the floor. She saw a book lay not far from her feet.

Before Hisaki could do anything, a loud voice boomed in the house.

"YOU WRETCH GIRL! Why did you leave? Did I allow you? Do you want to anger me to death! That's why you humiliated me?"

Hisaki flinched. She abruptly looked up. Her eyes fell on a figure of an old man.

It was her grandfather, the old man who hated her for being born a female.

Because of his outdated views and stubbornness, Hisaki was deprived of the opportunity to unleash her potential in the academic field.

No amount of high achievements and good grades in school could change this old man's crooked thinking. He insisted that a woman's job was to just stay at home and serve her husband.

His granddaughter's blank gaze infuriated Old Mr. Chisaka.

"Young Master Igarashi is willing to forgive you if you go back to him now. Go and ask for his forgiveness! He'd be your husband soon!"

Hisaki snapped out of her daze. She wanted to object to him but, she quickly swallowed her words.

"...I understood, Grandfather."

Old Mr. Chisaka was stunned. He stared at his granddaughter in suspicion. He was inwardly confused because Hisaki didn't refute him.

But, instead of feeling something was off, his pride told him that his worthless granddaughter finally was enlightened.

In this town, the handsome and rich Igarashi Keigo fancied his granddaughter!

The young man could no longer wait. He wanted to marry Hisaki ever since she reached the legal age of marriage a few years ago.

"Yoshino! Where the hell are you! Prepare my tea!"

Old Mr. Chisaka left the dumbfounded Hisaki. He targeted his vicious words to Hisaki's mother.

Hisaki did everything to not shout back at her grandfather. She pulled her hand back from her forehead. Her heart turned cold the moment she saw red blood on her fingers.

'Stay calm, Hisaki.'

Hisaki took the book from the floor and brought it inside the room. She needed more time to think. She also had to treat the wound on her forehead.

In her original life, Hisaki remembered she went against her grandfather because of what happened this morning.

At nine o'clock, her grandfather ordered her to send the desserts her mother had made to the village hall. He often stayed there to chat with his friends while playing board games.

Hisaki didn't expect that the scum Igarashi Keigo was waiting for her over there!

Instead of letting the young master be flirty with her, Hisaki rushed home. Her actions warranted wrath from her grandfather.

This time, she won't foolishly go against her grandfather without thinking of a way out. Hisaki would act docile and go to 'seek forgiveness' from Igarashi Keigo.

That man was just the same as her grandfather. He would enjoy it if women act coquettish and let him show his manly charm.

Hisaki shuddered at the thought of facing the man again. Her body had yet to be covered by bruises and scars because of that man but...

'No, Hisaki. Don't be afraid. You can escape soon.'

Hisaki stared at her right wrist and moved it a few times. It functioned normally without any pain.

She won't let that man damage her heart and body again.

'First, how should I tackle this?'

Although Hisaki had memories of what happened, she didn't miraculously return to the past with overpowered skills. If she didn't plan her steps well, she might end up entrapping herself.

Hisaki stayed quiet while sitting on the futon. She had put a band-aid to cover the wound. Her mind was working hard to recall any important event that should happen around this time.

Knock! Knock!

The sound startled Hisaki. She was even more surprised to see the face at the door.

"...Mom."

Mrs. Chisaka entered the room with a worried face. There was a small bottle in her hand.

"Did you get injured again?" asked the middle-aged woman quietly, "Here, use this ointment."

Hisaki coughed awkwardly. She took the bottle from her mother's hand, "...thank you, Mom."

Hisaki didn't remember the last time she met her mother in her previous life.

Ever since she began living her new life in a town of the port city, she rarely returned home even after the passing of her grandfather. Only her brother often came to visit her.

Her mother passed away in the sixth year Hisaki married Heisuke. She went back to her hometown to pay her last respect before she immediately left again.

At this time, her mother was only in her late 40s yet, her gaunt appearance made her resemble someone in her early 60s. As the other female in this family, Hisaki's mother was also on the receiving end of her grandfather's misogyny remarks.

Hisaki suddenly remembered a tiny memory that happened on this day, one that shocked her.

Should she bring it up? Or, should she wait until her mom told her?

Hisaki frowned. It was better if she took the lead this time.

After a moment of hesitation, Hisaki whispered as quietly as she could.

"Mom, would you support me if I go against Grandfather? I don't want to marry that man."

Mrs. Chisaka's eyelids trembled. Under Hisaki's nervous gaze, she nodded silently.

"Mom is sorry..." Mrs. Chisaka lowered her head in embarrassment, "Your dad and I... we're still trying..."

Hisaki breathed out in relief.

Although Hisaki resented her parents because they usually bowed down to her grandfather, a fragment of memory suddenly flashed in her mind.

If she recalled correctly, her parents strongly opposed to the marriage. They made it clear several times that Hisaki shouldn't be married to Igarashi Keigo.

Unlike how they tended to give up easily after a few angry shouts from Old Mr. Chisaka, Hisaki's parents didn't agree with the old man this time around.

Her timid father and mother stood up for her but...

Because Hisaki had always been disappointed by them, the past her just accepted the marriage arrangement in the end.

She was the one who gave up.

0