Reunion
565 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

I'm at the finishing line. Just a bit more, and I can finally relax. Relax completely, I mean. I had moments of peace here and there. Spending time with loved ones helped a lot. At some point, there were even years when nothing significant happened, but there was always that wariness in the back of my head that didn't allow me to ease up.

Not to mention that I still don't know what Soul King did to me that one time many years ago. Together with Kisuke, we tried to uncover this mystery, but we found nothing. It didn't help that there was a physical manifestation of my worries in my inner world in the shape of a huge pole-like structure.

Is it a bomb? Is it a cure for cancer? I don't know, and it worries me. It doesn't help that in my profession, not knowing something can be fatal.

I know that I have a certain genius that is comparable to Kisuke, but I'm not sharing anything with Mayuri.

All of my paranoia will soon come to an end, but I should focus more on the current events.

Ichigo's group arrived at Soul Society a few days ago. I know that because it was Tosen who met them at the gate, and he reported that he prevented them from entering.

With my knowledge, I was expecting the teenage invaders and a cat to go ask Kukaku for help, and since Shiba's specialty was fireworks, I was sure that she would fire everyone through the Canon to break through the barrier protecting Sereitei, but nothing happened.

I can't lie and say that I'm not getting worried. Something's not right, and I'm planning on doing some investigating.

"Soi Fon, I'm going out for a bit. You know the protocol."

I let my lieutenant know about my actions. The protocol was, of course, doing my paperwork while I was out. Funnily enough, the little bee didn't give up on forcing me to work, but her efforts were unrewarded, and it will stay that way as long as I have a say in it.

Now that my work is done, I can focus on discovering what happened. I was not the best at sensing Reiatsu, but this ability had a wider range than my Haki.

As expected, I didn't feel anything familiar, so my next course of action was to run around Sereitei with Observation Haki activated. This way, if the group is somehow already inside in some way, then I'll find them. Otherwise, I'll need to look outside Sereitei.

Using Shunpo to move quickly. I was also sneaky, so no one noticed my strange behavior, but it was more out of habit than a conscious decision.

In my search, I suddenly stopped and grinned.

"Found you."

(Yoruichi's pov)

"Wow, Yoruichi-san. What is this place? It looks exactly like the place under Urahara-san's shop." The orange-haired airhead asked as he looked around.

He wasn't the only one. Most of the group had similar thoughts. The only one who didn't was Kaien, who was only looking at this construction in astonishment as he had never seen Kisuke's Study Chamber v2, as he called it.

"*Whistle* I never thought that something so big could be hidden so well. How long has it been here?" He turned his head to me as he curiously asked me.

"About 200 years or so. I'm not sure myself. Kisuke built it after all." I nonchalantly answered.

The kids turned stiffly to me.

"You are at least 200 years old!?" I'm not Unohana, but for some reason, the way he said it annoyed me, so I scratched his face and showcased my claws if anyone even thought about mentioning it again.

"Anyway, this place isn't known to too many people, so it's one of the safest locations in the whole Soul Society at the moment. There are emergency rations if needed, so we won't even starve to death."

"Won't the food go bad by now?" The quiet giant stated the question.

"I said that not many people knew it, not that no one did. Knowing them, they are still using this place to this day. Hopefully, they didn't forget to refill the food. Otherwise, Kaien will need to bring us some, discretely, I may add."

"Who are 'they'?"

Before I could answer, someone was able to sneak up on everybody.

"I'm also curious. Who are 'they'?"

My first instinct was to turn around and immediately attack, but almost instantly after, I realized to whom the voice belonged, and I froze momentarily. All my fears and all my uncertainties coming at me simultaneously, but just a few words from him made them all disappear, and I ran into his arms.

"Cat got your tongue, Yoruichi? Did these last 100 years make you mute? And most importantly, where is my hug from my favorite cat?"

He welcomed me with open arms, and I rushed and buried my whole cat body in there.

I missed it. I really did. I almost lost control of my emotions and started crying, but I managed to stop myself.

Look at me. I chastised Ryoto for being too emotional just for me to do the same. That's fine, though. I'm allowed to be hypocritical this time.

This whole exchange happened so fast that no one except Kaien managed to turn around to see the man that I loved.

I snuggled to Ryoto, enjoying his warmth, and he scratched behind my ears affectionately, and I could imagine him smiling gently as well. I even purred in a way I didn't since the first time he scratched me and surprised me with how good it felt. It was like sex but appropriate around children. At this point, I wouldn't even care if they discovered that I could get off by that.

This moment felt like an eternity but was unfortunately interrupted. I would use my claws to leave a permanent mark on that person, but that would mean leaving Ryoto's arms, which I wasn't planning on doing, so I let my hunk handle it.

"It's you!" Ichigo yelled. I kind of understand it since, according to what I heard from Kisuke, it was Ryoto who almost killed the kid.

I looked up to see Ryoto's expression to know what he was thinking, but I was met with a face of total confusion.

I grinned.

He was feigning ignorance. I can't wait to see how he is planning on pranking the strawberry.

"Excuse me, but I think you mistook me for someone else. It's my first time meeting everyone here except Kaien."

If I didn't know any better, then I would have believed him. He got better at lying. I don't know if I should feel proud or annoyed.

Ichigo was ready to argue but was stopped by Ryoto once again.

"You may have met my twin brother. We are almost indistinguishable from each other. If he caused you any problems, I would like to apologize." He bowed his head slightly, which shut Ichigo up and made him look troubled.

It seems that Ryoto not only didn't lose his edge but got better at messing with people.

Ichigo scratched the back of his head, clearly embarrassed about his 'mistake'.

"Sorry about it then. Your brother kind of stabbed me, and you look like him-"

Ryoto couldn't take it anymore and started giggling, although he tried to stop himself by putting his hand on top of his mouth, but in the end, he laughed.

"Hahahahahaha, I can't, I really can't keep that act up. It's too much."

Realization hit the young Shinigami, and he went red.

"It was you!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm the guy. Ryoto Yuuki, Captain of Squad 2, at your service." Ryoto bowed elegantly... Show off.

"I waited for this moment since we got here." The orange-haired teen started walking up to Ryoto as he pulled his sleeves up.

As funny as watching them fight would be, I stopped Ichigo by jumping on his head.

"Stop it, Ichigo. You don't stand a chance against him. Besides, I have a question first." I turned to Ryoto again and raised my eyebrow. "Captain of Squad 2?" I didn't really follow what was happening in Soul Society and Kisuke never mentioned it to me. In the big scale of things it wasn't that important so I didn't mind this lack of information.

"I took over after you left. Rin took my place in the 7th Division."

I nodded, accepting the explanation. I knew that Rin had it in her to become Captain. She just needed a chance.

"Excuse me... but what is your relationship?" Inoue asked a bit shyly. I think she noticed the closeness between me and Ryoto and imagined some things. This girl's imagination is something else.

"That's my cat./He is my lover." Both I and Ryoto said at the same time and looked at each other.

So that's how you want to play. So be it.

I jumped from Ichigo's head, which wasn't as comfortable as Ryoto's, by the way, and faced my lover. He may have a high ground because he is taller, but it doesn't mean that I'll lose.

"Ryoto, my darling, what do you mean a cat? You weren't complaining when you were keeping me all night almost daily~."

"Did someone give you catnip again? Because you are talking nonsense. Also, your collar around your neck isn't making your argument any stronger."

"That's not my fault that you enjoy these kind of plays. Also, you forbid me from taking catnip, and you know that I listen to my master~."

"That's the biggest lie you've ever told me. Maybe the second if we count the time when you called me small."

"And how would I know about its size?"

"Everybody knows that cats go to the places they shouldn't, like bathrooms."

As we exchanged words, our audience looked between us like it was a tennis match.

When we finally stopped, we stayed silent without breaking eye contact, and we said at the same time.

""I missed you.""

With that said, I hopped on Ryoto's head and made myself comfortable. I really missed it, and surprisingly, it feels just like it did 100 years ago.

"Soooo... what is it in the end?" Orihime asked curiously. She seemed very invested in it, and Ryoto chuckled good-naturedly.

"We are lovers. We just banter like that all the time... or at least used to. But enough of the depressing stuff. I didn't come here just to boast about my relationship and before you all call me a cat-fucker. Yoruichi, can you show them?"

I could tease him a bit more, but I wouldn't mind stretching my human limbs right about now, so I complied with his request, and from a cloud of smoke that my technique created, I appeared in my original form wearing a bit of a skimpy outfit that covered most important parts. That was the feature that Kisuke added to my collar.

Not that I minded going nude, so I'm doing it mainly for Ryoto, but even this outfit can bring great reactions out of people, so I'm not complaining. 

Maybe I should go on a naked date with Ryoto. That's an idea that will stay for a while in my head.

"Suprised~. Didn't expect-" 

My teasing was cut short as I felt something on my thighs. I looked down to see Ryoto touching my legs, feeling them out even.

After he was satisfied, he nodded and said. "As great as I remember."

I felt proud hearing this. I wasn't training like crazy, and I would even say that I was being lazy... You know, that's all. I wasn't taking care of myself to the best of my ability. I never did. I naturally looked that good, and I'm not ashamed of it. I'm hot, and I know it, and I'll use it to get Ryoto's food any day.

The whole exchange probably fried some brains in the group, but that was fine because nothing would sour my mood at the moment.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/FcBZZvAxv6

Patreön.com/Kurit (10 chapters ahead.)

19