Family is back again
415 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

I was waiting at my home for everyone to gather after I sent a hell's butterfly with a message to gather here.

It still felt strange to call this house a home. It's not like it doesn't feel like one, but it's missing something.

I think now that I'm getting closer to finishing this mission, I'm getting a bit nostalgic.

Is it what it feels like getting old?

---

The first to come was Rin, who I welcomed with a smile. Then came Isane, and at the end, the kids who were together.

Now, I usually would try to be delicate about information like that, but there isn't a way for me to do that, that won't be shocking, so I'll just say it.

"You probably wonder why I gathered all of you here today. Fortunately, no one died, and no one is missing this time. Some would even say that it's good news that comes to us this time."

"Out with it, dad. Don't keep us in suspense." Yukima, my dear impatient daughter, complained.

"Fine, be it your way. Yoruichi is back."

And the silence filled the room until I got a smack to the back of my head from Rin. It didn't hurt, but I still rubbed that place.

"You should say it more gently!" And I agreed, but there wasn't any way to do it.

"If I could've, I would've." I said as I took a look at Yukima, who looked petrified. Well, that's not good. 

"Mom's... back?" Yukima muttered in disbelief, but there wasn't any resentment in her emotions. I could even feel some happiness buried under all that disbelief.

"Yeah, just like I said before. She would be back, and we are about to meet her." I walked up to her to pat her head. "But before we go to meet her, I should probably let my lieutenant know as well that her ex-captain returned. We'll meet in one hour in front of the Study Chamber's entrance."

So now I hope that Soi Fon won't freak out too much.

---

"I've returned!" I announced as I opened the door to my office with full force, which greatly annoyed my lieutenant, who was still going over the paperwork. To be fair, she is almost always annoyed, so it isn't saying much.

"You were gone... for 3 hours!"

I nodded. "And now I'm back."

Soi Fon dragged her hand across her face.

"Can you at least tell me why you left so abruptly? I know that you like to skip work whenever you have a chance, but usually, you have a reason, as stupid as they are at times."

I nodded once more. "Yeah, I felt something was off since the mention of Ryouka at the captains' meeting. It was mentioned that Captain Tosen repelled them after the guardian failed. Tosen is a pacifist (as far as everyone thinks), so they are most likely alive, and I doubt they would just give up after they almost succeeded, but there was nothing. That's why I went searching."

"Reasonable, but couldn't you wait until you finish up your work?"

I playfully hit my head while I put my tongue out. "Tee-hee."

And like that, Soif Fon tried to punch me in the face, but I caught her fist and spun her around a bit.

"Before you try again to rearrange the face that is loved by many, I advise you to hear me out. After all, I found something that should interest you."

"If it isn't your will to work, I don't want it." Sassy little child. She thinks that I'll ever work willingly. How cute.

"No, I think it's even better, but you should probably get up from the chair before I tell you."

She sighed and went along with my request.

"Don't be too surprised, but Yoruichi is back." I waited for a few seconds for any kind of reaction, but nothing happened. I waved my hand in front of her face, but still no reaction.

Did I break her?

As soon as I thought that, Soi Fon grabbed me by the collar of my clothes, and with eyes filled with rage, she asked. "Where is she!?"

... That could have gone better.

"Calm down." I tried de-escalating the situation with my gentle tone, but it didn't work, so I hardened my voice and repeated myself while releasing a bit of Reiatsu. "Calm down. What did I teach you about letting your emotions get the better of you."

Soi Fon then let go of my collar and took a few deep breaths.

"Now that you seem calmer let's go over what just happened. I thought that we went over it 100 years ago. Are you still resenting Yoruichi for abandoning you? I understand if you do, but I already explained that she didn't have much of a choice."

"I understand that... I really do... but it still makes me angry. That's why I'll show her how much I improved and how much she missed out by not taking me with her."

I nodded happily. "That's the spirit. Although I'm kind of happy that she left you. Otherwise, who would do my paperwork."

I patted her head, and she swatted my hand away with a small blush. "Stupid captain."

---

Everyone gathered in front of the Study Chamber's entrance. Before we went inside, I explained the situation that was going on with Ichigo, and his friends and how Yoruichi fit into all of this.

On a side note, Soi Fon wasn't aware of the Study Chamber, which surprised everyone, including me. Everyone was sure that someone else had already told her, and Study Chamber never came up in conversation.

That's a bit funny. She was trusted enough to share knowledge about this place with her, but she never knew. Ironic.

We finally went inside, and as soon as we spotted Yoruichi, who was in her human form with some new clothes, I yelled in a commanding voice. "Jump on her!" And everyone except for Rin, Isane, Akio, and Gin followed suit. Yes, even Soi Fon did, but I think it was more out of habit as a lieutenant listening to her superior, which she quickly regretted.

"Wait! I didn't mean to!"

"Too late!" I held her in place as both of us were squeezed by my children.

Yoruichi was trapped and couldn't escape from the clutches of her family.

"We apprehended a dangerous criminal. I'm proud of all of you."

"Ha-ha-ha." Yoruichi sarcastically laughed. "Very funny. Now get off of me."

I obliged and got up despite the weight on my back. Now that Yoruichi got up, she made eye contact with Yukima, and both froze up.

Normally, I wouldn't know what to do, but I decided to take a note from Yoruichi's book and just pushed my cat lover into our child. 

To avoid falling, Yoruichi instinctively reached out to Yukima, grabbing her in a way that resembled a hug.

Yukima's first instinct was to return her hug, but she hesitated until she saw me giving her an encouraging look. That made her decision certain as she went and hugged Yoruichi, and Yoruichi did the same.

"You know, I thought I would be more angry when I finally saw you again, but all I can think is how happy I am to see you back, Mom."

Yoruichi was moved by Yukima.

"Sorry, little kitten. It wasn't my intention to make you sad but I'm happy to see you grow up like that into a beautiful woman that probably already broke many hearts."

This small joke earned a small chuckle from Yukima. "Stop it, Mom, that's not true."

"Whoever is trying to convince you that is a moron, and I'll beat him up if I need to."

That was a very sweet reunion of mother and daughter, but it wasn't the end of it because Yoruichi had more children to face.

She started with the oldest son.

"Masaru, looks like you didn't skip training. It feels like I'm looking at younger Ryoto when I'm seeing you."

Masaru slightly blushed but was happy about the compliment nonetheless. "Thanks Yoruichi-kaasan."

Next was Akio and the dark-skinned beauty immediately saw the regret but also a lot of determination, so she put her hand on his shoulder.

"Whatever you are going through, you are not alone. Remember that."

Akio almost teared up hearing that. "Yes... I know that. Good to see you back, Yoruichi-kaasan."

Rangiku couldn't wait any longer and just jumped into a hug, which Yoruichi happily caught.

"Yoruichi-kaasan!!! I missed you!"

"And I missed you too. Looks like you were the one who grew up the most. Almost making me jealous, almost."

The last of the children was the silver-haired Gin.

"Creepy as always, although you were cuter with that smile when you were younger."

"Thank you for your criticism, Yoruichi. I'm not sure if I can change my face that easily, though."

"Still not calling me mom? You are cold, Gin-chan~" There was a small crack in Gin's mask hearing his nickname. He didn't like it very much, but that slip-up was small enough for most not to notice.

Done with all the children, the next one was Soi Fon, who waited 'patiently' with her arms crossed and her foot tapping.

"Little bee..."

"Yoruichi." There was some bite in the way she said it. "I still haven't forgiven you, but I'll put aside my feelings for the sake of your family." That's all Soi Fon had to say before she left in a flash.

I think I can call it progress. She didn't explode and kept her emotions in check. I feel proud of her.

But all said and done, the family is back together.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/FcBZZvAxv6

Patreön.com/Kurit (10 chapters ahead)

20